Sipdroid 1.0.4 Primer [updated 2009-08-15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

stickman

Jun 11, 2005
Does anyone know what the new software version just for paying pbxes.org customers brings to the table?
I've just noticed it exists.
In the PBXes features page it talks about Improve Audio. This really interests me, so can any paying customer (or whoever knows anything about it) provide some info?

tornamac04

Aug 16, 2009
Sipdroid setup

i have made a step by step instruction manual for setting this up with pbxes and without. How to make video calls and how to call IM clients

Lord Lucan

Sep 23, 2009
Yes, and I have an account. I'm asking, has anyone figured out what to put in sipdroid's account settings fields to get it to register with ekiga.net ?
Your user name with or without sip url, your password
and sip server or their IP address Thats all. But I doubt that it may not work as sipdroid is optimised to work with pbxes.org

cadman97

May 10, 2009
PIAF & pbxes.com - still need G1 to ring with sipdroid.

ok, now I have a question, I have a PIAF asterisk server up and running, and I would like to have an extension for my G1. I have setup the extension in PIAF and can make outgoing calls to the real world and to any of the extensions. but when I try to recieve a call to the G1 it rings once and goes busy. If I forward that extension from PIAF to pbxes.com and set up the g1 to go thru pbxes.com. I can send calls as from before, but the only way I can get my G1 to recieve a call is to type in the extension to pbxes.com as the call number ie: user-700@pbxes.com

so my question is where can I put that to allow my piaf setup to have my G1 ring.

Thanks,

tornamac04

Aug 16, 2009
ok, now I have a question, I have a PIAF asterisk server up and running, and I would like to have an extension for my G1. I have setup the extension in PIAF and can make outgoing calls to the real world and to any of the extensions. but when I try to recieve a call to the G1 it rings once and goes busy. If I forward that extension from PIAF to pbxes.com and set up the g1 to go thru pbxes.com. I can send calls as from before, but the only way I can get my G1 to recieve a call is to type in the extension to pbxes.com as the call number ie: user-700@pbxes.com

so my question is where can I put that to allow my piaf setup to have my G1 ring.

Thanks,

If you have the green dot then your problem is with your inbound call routing settings. Double check those. And if you are using pbxes.com check the status to see if everything is green

tornamac04

Aug 16, 2009
Does anyone know what the new software version just for paying pbxes.org customers brings to the table?
I've just noticed it exists.
In the PBXes features page it talks about Improve Audio. This really interests me, so can any paying customer (or whoever knows anything about it) provide some info?

Pbxes works as a middleman. Android --- pbxes --- SIP
It really just cleans up the audio as your signal fluctuated on your phone. An example: when you make a call with sipdroid it shows delay and loss. Using pbxes lowers the loss and delay. Maybe through audio compression/decompression

tornamac04

Aug 16, 2009
Hi

Only thing I cannot do is dial out from the keypad I have tried dialing rules in PBXes and adding + sign on the phone keypad phone always selects my network !! Only way I can make a call is by entering a number in the "called party address" box in sipdroid it works but.... preferably I would like to dial from contacts and the phone keypad.
Any help appreciated

Martin
Hi, Try this without quotes! "9|x." in your outbound route dialling patterns box. So, for example if you are using pennytel for local/national calls, any numbers begin with 9 will use pennytel route. You can make different rules for other sip providers if you have more than one.
eg. voipcheap "0|x." Sipgate "1|x."
Hope above helps.

Hmm...that sounds like you are having a problem with the app. If you did the above steps try undoing them. Then go to sipdroid and make the preferred call type "phone". Then you will be able to use the plus sign after the number. And make sure that the app is running with green dot. It won't call the app to dial when its closed

smasraum

May 15, 2009
Just FYI. I've got sipdroid and have my phone registered to the Cisco Callmanager where I work. I can dial extensions and dial offnet, but I can't dial my phone from any phones at work and I have one-way audio issues. People that I call can hear me, but I can't hear them. I'm still tinkering with it.

I had to create a user with the DN that I'm using for the username similar to many of the other sites. In Callmanager, you can configure a "Basic SIP Device" and assign a number to that device.

Just thought some folks might be interested.

smasraum

May 15, 2009
I've figured out the problem, but I'm not sure how to fix it (I think it's in sipdroid).

When my phone registers with callmanager, the registered address shows as 127.0.0.1 (yeah, that's bad). I just installed and setup X-lite on my PC as a test using the same config in Callmanager and it came up and showed my PCs actual address. So it seems as if sipdroid (or possibly the G1s tcp/ip stack) is not sending the IP address to the CCM (I assume it's supposed to be in a field in the packet someplace besides the "source address" field in the header).

fanello123

Nov 27, 2009
I've got a problem with sipdroid. It is working fine, the only problem is, if I call somebody with sipdroid I hear the ringbacktone out of the loudspeaker.
I have connected sipdroid directly with webcalldirect. My device is a Motorola Milestone(Droid).

Thanks for your help.

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
I've got a problem with sipdroid. It is working fine, the only problem is, if I call somebody with sipdroid I hear the ringbacktone out of the loudspeaker.
I have connected sipdroid directly with webcalldirect. My device is a Motorola Milestone(Droid).

Thanks for your help.
I suggest you post an issue at the project issue tracker:
http://code.google.com/p/sipdroid/issues/list#

Also check out the discussion group:
http://groups.google.com/group/sipdroid-users

MountainX

i have made a step by step instruction manual for setting this up with pbxes and without. How to make video calls and how to call IM clients

Cool. Nice tutorial. The formatting is a little off when viewed with Open Office, but I could still read it.

Have you tried using a headset or earbuds+mic with Sipdroid? That's the only problem I'm having.

pwnvds

Jan 12, 2010
Outgoing Caller ID?

I've search long and hard for an answer, and haven't been able to find it yet online... I am using Sipdroid with pbxes.org and sip provider smsdiscount... It works well except for a huge delay.

What I want to know is - how can pass through my regular carrier phone number (or even my Google Voice number, which forwards to my regular phone number) to the receiving PSTN phone? Is this possible? Is this controlled by sipdroid, or pbxes, or the SIP provider?

frankwu01

Feb 26, 2010
Killer app, im currently using Google Voice with Gizmo5 and I am able to place/receive calls for free with Google Voice/Gizmo, I just send all my calls to my Gizmo5 sip Number, set sipdroid to login to gizmo5 at server:proxy01.sipphone.com, then login with my gizmo username and password

I then head over to google.com/voice and place a call to my gizmo acct and free nationwide calling :)

Do you have Gizmo5 for Mobile installed on you cellular? Where can I download it from?

jashsu

Nov 15, 2008
Do you have Gizmo5 for Mobile installed on you cellular? Where can I download it from?
There is no "Gizmo5 for mobile". There used to be an apk called GUAVA, but it was really just a copy of Sipdroid slightly customized for Gizmo5. You can perform all the same functions with Sipdroid, and since GUAVA has not been updated in a long long time, the advice is to go with Sipdroid. Please read my updated guide here.

Status
Not open for further replies.