[N10] CF-Auto-Root

Search This thread

fredphoesh

Jan 15, 2009
I am happy to confirm that this worked quite nicely on my Google Nexus 10 (Android 4.3).

I am busy trying to root my nexus 10 and the tablet says "FASTBOOT STATUS - DATA0060C000
and my computer cmd.exe says downloading 'boot.img'... and has stayed there for 10 minutes... (I can usually download 3gb in that time!) so it seems stuck... terrified to pull the plug and corrupt something badly.

Any ideas why this is happening?
tx
Mark.

sorted this by changing computers AND when saying yes to usb debugging warning, checking the box to always make that choice...

Last edited:

sv452

Sep 16, 2009
I am busy trying to root my nexus 10 and the tablet says "FASTBOOT STATUS - DATA0060C000
and my computer cmd.exe says downloading 'boot.img'... and has stayed there for 10 minutes... (I can usually download 3gb in that time!) so it seems stuck... terrified to pull the plug and corrupt something badly.

Any ideas why this is happening?
tx
Mark.

sorted this by changing computers AND when saying yes to usb debugging warning, checking the box to always make that choice...

Happy to see you got sorted. Sorry I did not see this sooner.

:good:

[-Amrish-]

Dec 19, 2010
Can someone give me a go by using the v1.30 to root 4.4.2? Big thanks!!

Sent from my Xperia Z running PAC rom! pretty awesome ha?

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
does CF-Auto-Root on main chainfire site works with latest official updates ? for instance we have kitkat for all nexus devices .

does cf-root available on chainfire site root nexus 10/7/5/4 on kitkat ? if yes , does it mean it just available for android last version available ?

have another question , i want super user for nexus 10 on kitkat ... did someone knows what's the SUperSU zip file version name ?

afraaa

Aug 31, 2011
Isfahan
wait a second do u mean that there on superSU for all nexus devices ? 2.0.2 actuallt came with second version of android L

b1g.p0ppa

Feb 26, 2011
Roam
Yes, CFAR worked for me as well. An interesting thing is that root is still denied some actions. E.g.:

Code:
root@manta:/ # input key_event 26
/system/bin/input[6]: app_process: Permission denied
_and_
Code:
root@manta:/ # cat /sdcard/test.sh
#!/system/bin/sh
echo hello!
root@manta:/ # sh /sdcard/test.sh                                              
sh: /sdcard/test.sh: Permission denied

corumuk

Dec 24, 2011
Can someone just confirm, as i've not used this tool before.
My bootloader is already unlocked so can I just flash the CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.img file from this package from fastboot with
fastboot flash boot CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.img?

Presumably the .img file is a boot image?

b1g.p0ppa

Feb 26, 2011
Roam
My bootloader is already unlocked so can I just flash the CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.img file from this package from fastboot with

No. You have to boot your nexus into bootloader, connect to PC, unzip this package on PC, and execute the root-os.sh/bat that is appropriate to your OS.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

J M L

Sep 24, 2010

You can skip the parts of the script that unlock your boot loader. In that case there is just one command, but be sure you get it exactly correct. It's not fastboot flash boot ...img, but rather fastboot boot ...img. (working from memory, so check the script.)

corumuk

Dec 24, 2011
You can skip the parts of the script that unlock your boot loader. In that case there is just one command, but be sure you get it exactly correct. It's not fastboot flash boot ...img, but rather fastboot boot ...img. (working from memory, so check the script.)

Thanks. Yeah that bit of the script was what threw me, hence my hesitation.
I edited the script and deleted everything above the 'fastboot boot' command line (apart from the first line) and it worked a treat.

hawkstwelve

Jun 13, 2013
Seattle
Thanks Chainfire! Worked like a charm. Simply ran the root-windows.bat file after unzipping, pressed a couple keys, and bam! Rooted just fine. Thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CF-Root is the root for "rooting beginners" and those who want to keep as close to stock as possible. CF-Root is meant to be used in combination with stock firmwares, and be the quickest and easiest way for your first root.

Donate
    CF-Root has been available for many devices and has clocked over 9.5 million downloads. This is not even counting custom ROMs that already include it. Don't be a leech, buy me a beer (and use the "Thanks" button!). Imagine if every CF-Root user has donated me $1...

What's installed
    - SuperSU binary and APK
    - Nothing else, that's it.

Installation and usage

- Download the ZIP file (see post below for link)
    - Extract the ZIP file
    - Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
    - Connect your device to your computer using USB

- Windows:
    --- Run root-windows.bat

- Linux
    --- chmod +x root-linux.sh
    --- Run root-linux.sh

- Mac OS X
    --- chmod +x root-mac.sh
    --- Run root-mac.sh

- Follow the on-screen instructions - watch both the computer and the device !

Note that if your device had not been unlocked before, this procedure will wipe all your data !

Are you having fastboot driver issues? You can find fastboot drivers in many places, but the easiest way is probably just installing the Android SDK.

Did you see the red Android logo during rooting, but SuperSU does not appear? This may sometimes occur due to left-over files and settings, however, you can usually install SuperSU from Google Play at this stage and it'll just work.

Not included - adbd Insecure
    As this CF-Root does not include a custom kernel, adb shell does not have root access by default (you can still get it by typing su inside the shell), nor is adb remount supported, nor will adb push and adb pull work on system files. adbd Insecure can be used to remedy this situation. (No idea what this is about ? Don't worry about it !)

CF-Auto-Root homepage
    http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/

CF-Auto-Root main thread
    [CENTRAL] CF-Auto-Root
    For requests for new roots and generic discussion - please keep device specific discussion in the thread you are viewing now.
    Download

2013.05.20 --- CF-Auto-Root

SuperSU: v1.30

Download: CF-Auto-Root-manta-mantaray-nexus10.zip

--- History ---
    2013.05.20: SuperSU v1.30
    2013.02.20: SuperSU v1.05
    2012.12.02: SuperSU v0.98
    CF-Auto-Root has been updated with the 4.3 SuperSU. I've only been able to test the Galaxy Nexus version myself, but it should work on the N10. Let me know if it doesn't.
    All CF-Auto-Root's have been updated with SuperSU v1.05 today !
    Updated with the latest SuperSU v1.30