For you linux users out there.

Search This thread

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
Nothing we didn't know but. I was so dissapointed I wrote samsung to tell them UNACCEPTABLE. As I'm sure you know . Samsungs mtp mass storage doesn't interface with linux. I was reading some fixes and I atleast got the drives to mount from the phone installing MTP libs but any transfer too or from results in error. So I just wanted to share samsungs response. Basically.... " Sorry pal . we doubt were ever going to fix this . Pound sand "

"Dear Joseph,

Thank you for your inquiry. We understand that you can't connect your Samsung phone in a computer running with Linux Operating System. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Samsung doesn't have a configurable option to connect a Samsung Device to a Linux computer. The process for the mass storage settings is tested to work only with Microsoft Windows and Macintosh computer. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may present.

We are unable to speculate when/if a software revision with this feature might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion.

Thank you again for your comments, understanding and patience.

Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System at http://www.samsung.com/support. It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.

Thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.

Sincerely,

Chris
Technical Support "

konceptz

Feb 28, 2007
NYC
Nothing we didn't know but. I was so dissapointed I wrote samsung to tell them UNACCEPTABLE. As I'm sure you know . Samsungs mtp mass storage doesn't interface with linux. I was reading some fixes and I atleast got the drives to mount from the phone installing MTP libs but any transfer too or from results in error. So I just wanted to share samsungs response. Basically.... " Sorry pal . we doubt were ever going to fix this . Pound sand

Sounds like you enjoy drag and drop. Try windows.

baka2x

Jun 25, 2011
I use swiFTP on the device with Filezilla on the laptop. You can transfer whatever you want.

baka2x

Jun 25, 2011
Sorry, I can't even find it on the play store. I just restored it from a TB I had on my GNEX.

Try searching XDA for an official apk of swiFTP or try another ftp app on the play store. I saw a couple highly rated ones that are free.

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
there is a solution for mass storage its on http://www.webupd8.org/2012/12/how-to-mount-android-40-ubuntu-go-mtpfs.html have not tested it yet though.I am using airdroid and chromium since I need stable ac power while sharing the data connection.the issiue is because of Android, but samsung could have been done something I agree

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

" Error: Unable to open ~/.mtpz-data for reading.
"

Is what I get after following instal directions for go-mtpfs the windows for sdcard and ext sd card open and mount but again get a error when I try to transfer to or from and the gui seen on the go mtpfs link provided does not show up :/

Last edited:

portis

Aug 9, 2010
North California
did u use root?I still rather use airdroid instead.it can works with multiple files and folders.its fast too and is using zip to compess the files in real time like google drive.

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
did u use root?I still rather use airdroid instead.it can works with multiple files and folders.its fast too and is using zip to compess the files in real time like google drive.

No no , I'm stock unrooted. How do you tranfer folder on air droid ? I could only get it to open folders not transfer. :/ I not so bright sometime .

portis

Aug 9, 2010
North California
No no , I'm stock unrooted. How do you tranfer folder on air droid ? I could only get it to open folders not transfer. :/ I not so bright sometime .

its ok i was talking about root under linux :)
here is a screenshot that might help you

Attachments

• ffdhtg.jpg
    ffdhtg.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Some_dude36

Mar 21, 2012
hollow earth
its ok i was talking about root under linux :)
here is a screenshot that might help you

Oh yea , I was referring to uploading . Sorry I didn't make that clear. Whatever . I bought a drive and windows 7 :( just waiting on them to get here. kind of a bummer I need a whole OS over this . Android and Samsung really dropped the ball here. :/

Top Liked Posts