[!WP7 support!] Htc ROM Image Editor and other Tools.

Search This thread

zxcv

Aug 29, 2007
i have elf with blue elvis 5. Now sir i want to understand as to how to use this tool to modify this rom. i have the nbh file but when i open it, it shows all the files under os/imgfs folder. Sir i want to delete LG plugin. Is it possible to so using this tool. Please guide how to do it. Thanks

zxcv

Aug 29, 2007
I have HTC TOUCH with blue elvis 5 loaded. Now sir i want to understand as to how to use this tool to modify this rom. i have the nbh file but when i open it, it shows all the files under os/imgfs folder. Sir i want to delete LG plugin. Is it possible to so using this tool. Please guide how to do it. Thanks

p-de-geus

Oct 26, 2006
Can i use this tool when i have a nbf ROM file?

There are some applications i want to remove rom a custom ROM, i understand that this is possibble with this tool?

I have an HTC Wizard

Last edited:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
OMFG love this tool.... I CANNOT wait for the release where you can edit the OS files.... So much crap i want to remove... but don't want to use someone elses rom to do it...

Another note... Anyway to change Registry settings PREInstall like in the package itself?

Id love to do all changes PRE Flash and just be ready to go...

Sponzert

Apr 2, 2007
Dordrecht
I have an Polaris and i would like to remove some crap that i have on my device. Now i have the dump and NBH file. When i open it i can see all the files and for example i would like to remove the "Capri" sound. I can select it but can't delete it. Is this possible in this version or do we/i have to wit for a next release?

AMV007

Mar 14, 2008
Mosсow
AnDim, if it possible - can you don't lock this application only for HTC - when detect rom type ?
I want try it on .nbf roms.

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
HMMM.... I have a Titan... I extracted the latest .nbh file from the latest update ( <3 WinRAR) opened it with HTC ROM Image Editor and went to town on editing the EXTROM (ONLY removing all the crap not needed from it..)

AND YET... no matter what I do it will not save.. I re-open the thing and all my changes are gone... even though I hit save.....

Anyone wanna tell me what im missing....

AnDim

Jan 21, 2007
HMMM.... I have a Titan... I extracted the latest .nbh file from the latest update ( <3 WinRAR) opened it with HTC ROM Image Editor and went to town on editing the EXTROM (ONLY removing all the crap not needed from it..)

AND YET... no matter what I do it will not save.. I re-open the thing and all my changes are gone... even though I hit save.....

Anyone wanna tell me what im missing....

...yes, yes :) save function is disabled too.

Use my standalone TFAT Editor: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=358910

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
...yes, yes :) save function is disabled too.

Use my standalone TFAT Editor: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=358910

While that is all fine and dandy I am pretty much a noob to this entire thing, additionally I was looking for a simple SINGLE tool to use... as such TFAT Editor is not the correct option for me for some reasons:

1. Only open and modify .NB files (for the EXTROM)
2. Currently The program I found to extract from the .NBH (both your
program and their's) cannot remake them back into a .NBH file after use
3. For all programs so far I have read I will need to used a cracked SPL and with all my weeks of google searching I have found 2 that I know of, HOWEVER both of them have SEVERAL reports of getting stuck on the bootloader screen and nothing the creators have suggested has worked for those people, as well as certificate crap that needs to be done...

So if easy is not possible for now I guess I will be waiting for you to finish this program as unless im mistaken this will replace possibly 15 other programs I have found and read about in the forums since I really would like to simply

1. Run this program making the changes I would like
2. Re-Run the ROM Update utility provided
3. ????
4. Be done with it and happy (Profit??)

*** Additionally I have Server 2008 x64 and both of the HardSPL things will NOT work for me (written in x16??? WTF?), as well as some of the basic tools not working or functioning properly... i wish for your finished tool (of course this is just me not wanting to have to LEARN how to use 5-10 different programs to just do something I do with XP and Vista all day thanks to the wonderful spoiled nature I got from nLite and vLite) Also I will definitely donate once you have finished this tool as I HATE having to do 50 freeking things to even just edit EXTROM....

Cheers

AnDim

Jan 21, 2007
1. Only open and modify .NB files (for the EXTROM)
2. Currently The program I found to extract from the .NBH (both your
program and their's) cannot remake them back into a .NBH file after use
3. For all programs so far I have read I will need to used a cracked SPL and with all my weeks of google searching I have found 2 that I know of, HOWEVER both of them have SEVERAL reports of getting stuck on the bootloader screen and nothing the creators have suggested has worked for those people, as well as certificate crap that needs to be done...

1. Extract EXTROM.nb with NBH editor.

2. Rename to _ExtROM.nb

3. Modify and Save _ExtrROM.nb with TFAT Editor.

4. Replace EXTROM part and Save NBH file with NBH editor.

5. Use Hard-spl by Olipro: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927

Last edited by a moderator:

Hammerfest

Apr 3, 2008
San Antonio, TX
not meaning to dub post however, U720 is acting up... wont load the buttons... ANYWAY

AnDim, I guess (since all 3 of my PC's are x64) I will wait for your tool to finish... hopefully by that time an unlocker will come out that doesnt suck a$$ for people who have x64

(edit worked this time hoorah...) did what you listed in your last post to me.... "Image Error. Please check Image" was the error I got even though SPL 1.20 was listed... (used the Titan Unlocker from here on the forums due to the one in your link not working in x64) and now my mogul is dead... well that was short lived... TTFN

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts