[GUIDE] Download ANY firmware customization from Sony & create an FTF with Flashtool

Search This thread

Mac2thaPac

Jul 23, 2013
Vaxjo
I can't find SEUS Decrypt or the right file?

But when using bundles/FILESET decrypt
there is nothing shown in the box that can be converted.

I tried repair device in Pc companion, disconected when they asked if I wanted 2 use the phone under the downloading process.
How do I find the right file to convert?
using latest flashtool, pcc, and win7

elias.parasini

May 28, 2011
Jakarta
well ... but nobody answered me when I asked that as was done in mac, myself I searched and found the route, note that the folders are hidden in Mac Os Yosemite (10.10.2) which is the version that I had my mac when making the ftf file.

The file path is this:
library\Application Support\Sony Ericsson Bridge for Mac\semc_update_engine\db\13740270\blob_fs

and the flashtool version I used is the 0.9.18.5 for mac

I leave the information in case anyone needs it

NOTE: To view hidden folders on mac need to open the terminal and type this command: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles ON

then you close the Terminal
Make the keyboard shortcut: CMD-ALT-ESC
Select the Finder application and give to the Force Reset button and ready

Now if you want to re-hide hidden files, only you have to change the word ON to OFF. :fingers-crossed:

sorry for my bad English :p
Thanks bro, I also using mac.. Now I'm trying to make my own FTF using flash tool.. Could you please show me the path of bundle FTF after FILESET Decrypt? I cant found it..
Thanks..

Wakka_Tulkas_Mogue

Dec 21, 2011
Panamá
Thanks bro, I also using mac.. Now I'm trying to make my own FTF using flash tool.. Could you please show me the path of bundle FTF after FILESET Decrypt? I cant found it..
Thanks..

the path where you put the ttf file for the flashtool recognize it is in
hd/Users/you_user/.flashTool/firmwares

NOTE: this route is on a Mac OS 10.10.3 yosemite
good luck :good::D

Reactions: elias.parasini
repair-version?

Hi!
Is there a way to check what version the repair-process in the PC-companion is downloading? I would need to get a backup of the exact same build my phone currently has installed. An other option would be to create a recovery-image of my phone so that i can restore everything back to it's original state. I found some topics, but if i got it right, i need to replace the kernel so that i can install CWM. This means that i have to overwrite the original kernel, and this means that i will loose it.. :(

alfxda

Sep 22, 2013
File_xxxxxx

Pc Companion version 2.10.303 Production 47.2 don't download files FILE_XXXXXX, only files ICON_XXXXXX.

I do the full process : Prepare + Download+ Update, but I d0m't see any file FILE_XXXXX

It save them in other place that C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs ?

ecksdeeay

Aug 18, 2012
Sony Xperia 5 II
Sony Xperia 5 III
Pc Companion version 2.10.303 Production 47.2 don't download files FILE_XXXXXX, only files ICON_XXXXXX.

I do the full process : Prepare + Download+ Update, but I d0m't see any file FILE_XXXXX

It save them in other place that C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs ?

Folder named 'local storage' or something in the same location or there about if I remember correctly should contain the files. My latest PCC files failed to compile in flashtool and reverted to using that (flashtool) to get the files.

alfxda

Sep 22, 2013
Folder named 'local storage' or something in the same location or there about if I remember correctly should contain the files. My latest PCC files failed to compile in flashtool and reverted to using that (flashtool) to get the files.

Thanks.

Exactly at C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\localstorage\13740270 they are fe files FILE_XXXXXX.

But flashtool 0.9.19.10 can't compile this files. :crying::crying:.

alfxda

Sep 22, 2013
flashtool now includes the xperifirm tool to download the files. Use that for your device. S'thing must've changed then for flashtool to fail with you as well. I thought my download was corrupt. xperifirm was good for my XperiaTabZ *.*.*.228 firmware.

Yes xperifirm works well, firmwares downladed with it are decrypted fine.

flashtool now includes the xperifirm tool ? as a separate download or integrated in Flashtool?

With version 0.9.19.10 I don't see any chance on it's menu.

Yes xperifirm works well, firmwares downladed with it are decrypted fine.

flashtool now includes the xperifirm tool ? as a separate download or integrated in Flashtool?

With version 0.9.19.10 I don't see any chance on it's menu.
Just click on the XF icon (the last one in the icons list in the upper bar). The latest XperiFirm version is automatically downloaded and launched. Do whatever you want there. Just remember to leave the auto unpacking checkbox ticked. After XperiFirm ends up doing its jobs, kill it. Flashtool will resume its tasks, which culminate with the creation of the ftf file.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

alfxda

Sep 22, 2013
Just click on the XF icon (the last one in the icons list in the upper bar). The latest XperiFirm version is automatically downloaded and launched. Do whatever you want there. Just remember to leave the auto unpacking checkbox ticked. After XperiFirm ends up doing its jobs, kill it. Flashtool will resume its tasks, which culminate with the creation of the ftf file.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

An excelent idea to integrate xperifirm.

Thanks you very much.

alfxda

Sep 22, 2013
FILE_XXXX downloaded with Pc Companion seem compressed one time only, with 7-zip can extract its contents.

FILE_XXXX downloaded with xperiafirm seem compressed two times. With 7-zip can extract its contents with 2 consecutive extractions. The first give me FILE_XXXX~ . From this file : FILE_XXXX~ I can extract its contents with 7-zip.

FILE_XXX of 170 Kb is the loader.sin. It's not necessary to extract, in the case of Pc Companion, only rename it . I can finally create bundle with Flashtool

Flava0ne

The db folder doesn't get created anymore with PC Companion v2.10.303. I've done this before with a previous version of PC Companion, so I know where to look in the ProgramData folder for it. What's weird is that after downloading the firmware with Update Engine a chunk of space on my local drive is missing but I can't find the firmware files anywhere in the ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\ directory. I had to completely uninstall PC Companion and Update Engine to free up that space on my drive.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Download ANY firmware customization from Sony & create an FTF with Flashtool

Part A: changing your customization number to download a different firmware customization (optional)

Requirements:

1. Start BuildProp Editor.
    2. When a Superuser request pops up, tap 'Grant' or 'Allow'.

8i5m.png

3. At the first start, a backup of 'build.prop' will be created automatically, which can be restored in case of any problems.

7bet.png

4. Scroll down to 'ro.semc.version.cust' and tap it.

51zc.png

5. Change the value to the customization number of the firmware you want to download.

skwg.png

6. When asked to reboot, tap 'No'.

m7z.png

7. Tap 'ro.semc.version.cus_revision' and change the value to 'R1A'.

v81c.png

8. When asked to reboot, tap 'Yes'.

Part B: downloading firmware with Sony PC Companion

Requirements:

1. Delete this folder if it already exists:
      - Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db
      - Windows Vista/7/8: C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db
    2. Start Sony PC Companion.
    • Case A: new software version available

8g3.png

1. Click 'Update'.

2. Click 'Accept'.

n77.png

3. If you only want to download the firmware without updating, disconnect your phone as soon as the "Downloading software..." screen appears.

goyk.png

4. If you disconnected your phone, this window will appear, which you may close. Otherwise your phone software will be updated.

nq2.png
    • Case B: no new software version available

pqp8.png

1. Click 'Your Phone / Tablet is up to date'.

2. Click 'repair my phone / tablet'.

3kr.png

3. Click 'Next'.

p5bc.png

4. Repairing your phone will delete your personal data and settings. If you don't want this, see step 6. Click 'Continue'.

7hq.png

5. Tick the checkbox and click 'Next'.

9f5h.png

6. If you only want to download the firmware without repairing, disconnect your phone as soon as the "Downloading software..." screen appears.

goyk.png

7. If you disconnected your phone, this window will appear, which you may close. Otherwise your phone software will be repaired and your personal data will be lost.

nq2.png

Part C: creating an FTF file with Flashtool

Requirements:
    • Flashtool
    • Firmware files from Sony PC Companion or Sony Update Service (see part B).

1. Start Flashtool or Flashtool64 (for 64-bit Windows).
    2. Click 'Tools' > 'SEUS Decrypt'.

4m7.png

3. Select the 'Source Folder' (copy-pasting this path will not work):
      - Sony PC Companion (Windows XP): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony PC Companion (Windows Vista/7/8): C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony Update Service (32-bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony Update Service (64-bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs
      Move all 'Available files' to 'Files to convert' by selecting them and clicking the right arrow button.
      Click 'Convert'.

c6w.png

4gsd.png

4. Enter the following details:
      - Device: your phone model, e.g. 'C6502', 'C6503' or 'C6506' for Xperia ZL (see 'Settings' > 'About phone' > 'Model number').
      - Branding: can be found in the first columns of these tables by looking up the customization number, e.g. 'Customized US'.
      - Version: the build number of the firmware, e.g. '10.1.1.A.1.307'.
      Move all files from 'folder list' to 'Firmware content' except *.ta files (e.g. simlock.ta, preset1.ta, cust-reset.ta, ...) by selecting them and clicking the right arrow button.
      Click 'Create'.

mh3c.png

5. When you see 'Bundle creation finished', your FTF will be in 'C:\Flashtool\firmwares'. If your combination of device/branding/build is not yet available on xda-developers forum, please be so kind to share it (see part D).

cdfc.png

6. To save about 2 GB of disk space, delete this folder:
      - Sony PC Companion (Windows XP): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony PC Companion (Windows Vista/7/8): C:\ProgramData\Sony Mobile\Update Engine\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony Update Service (32-bit Windows): C:\Program Files\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs
      - Sony Update Service (64-bit Windows): C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs

Part D: sharing your FTF on xda-developers forum

1. Upload your FTF to a file host. I use Dev-Host for this purpose, but it only supports files up to 512 MB, so I use WinRAR to pack my FTF with the following options: 'Compression method' = 'store' (since FTF is already compressed), 'Split to volumes, size' = '512 MB'. Of course you can use a different file host and archiver if required. Please note that Google Drive, Dropbox and Box all have bandwidth quotas, so your shared files may be disabled if they are downloaded too much.
    2. Create a new thread on xda-developers forum in 'Xperia ZL General' and include at least the following information:
      - Device
      - Build number
      - Android version
      - Customization version
      - Region
      - Branding
      - Download links
      Here is an example: [STOCK ROM][FTF] Xperia Z (C6603) 10.1.1.A.1.253 Generic BE (Unbranded/Belgium)

If this post was helpful, don't forget to click the 'Thanks' button.
    HI, i have a question
    this procedure does not change the official operator of the band,
    because for example in a xperia x10 mini, flash the ftf file from other country, the cellphone show the message input the code for sim unlock

That's correct. Flashing a different firmware customization does not lock or unlock your phone. SIM lock is inside the Trim Area (TA), which does not get flashed.

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk
    I think he meant the bootloader unlockability, and the earlier post meant the network operator unlocability....

Both the bootloader lock and the network lock settings are stored in the Trim Area (TA) of your phone, which does not get affected by Flashtool. So no, flashing a different firmware customization will not change anything to your bootloader lock or network lock status.
    cant find the dp file in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony Mobile\Update Service\db\13740270\blob_fs

Look under "c:\ProgramData\...". It should be there. (Not under "Program Files" ). If winXP, check for the location as per OP.
    creating an FTF file with Flashtool...answered

hi,

i'm a noob :p ....but i cant creating FTF file because i cant write the "device" name (part C at point 4 "Enter the following details")

because flashtool-0.9.15.0-windows will not let me go on "device" to write that field.
    It remains gray instead of white like the others "branding" and "version".

Where am I wrong ?

Edit:
    Ok i find myself the answer: Duble click on device field !!:good:

p.s.Great guide, thank you very much !!!
    Only (if I can afford a suggestion) that you should specify in the point 3-4 of part C you need to go in the "tools" to find "bundler"

Sorry for my primitive :D english