Google Play App history

Search This thread

zerox_100

Sep 4, 2010
What do you think of Google Play's App history? There's no way of removing your app history, it logs every app you have ever installed.

At the moment, there are two tabs in the "My Apps" menu. One is "Installed" and the other one is "All". It seems like finding the apps you have previously bought (but not installed yet) isn't that easy anymore, either you use search or try to find them in the huge "All" list.

Just stupid.

Do I have to create another Google Account or what? Why can't Google allow us to remove our app history?

edit: Report the issue here to get Google's attention: http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs&ki_topic=1319135

Last edited:

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India
I agree. That sucks about the new Play Store. I was happy with the way it was before showing only installed and purchased apps. Most apps I've uninstalled because I didn't need them or they didn't work well, so why would I care about still having them in my apps list? Pretty ridiculous. I found it to be pointless in the Web Store itself, but now it's just a pain scrolling through that list of unnecessary apps on my phone trying to find one I actually need. Not to mention everytime you tap on an app and go back to the list, it jumps to the top and I have to scroll all the way again. There should be an option to purge/remove apps that you don't want in the history list.

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

R-Boy

Mar 31, 2012
Watching this app history on my google play account on the pc I was wondering why there are apps listed I used a very long time before.

Well, google needs the history for stats but why saving it for so long?
I am strained when the first apps will remove from the history.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9001

icet925

Sep 14, 2009
I find this very annoying as well.
There is no need to keep a list of our previously installed apps.
Some apps i just install just to see what it is and have no interest in it after a while.
If this continues then i will probably have the a whole list of apps in the google play store in my history.

dahevos

Dec 7, 2010
yes it's really boring, i just changed my cellphone and i have all all all the history from 2y of download it's hard to filter the one that i wanna keep and the others...

segamegazord

Apr 14, 2011
I remember reading somewhere that this app history might affect play store download counts and that's why Google haven't changed it. I sure hope the do something about it though!

JBabey

Jun 2, 2006
Los Angeles
I was searching for a way to "fix" or filter my ALL list and see that im not alone, uber retarded "feature".

/sigh

oh well i starred & commented on the issue, thanks.

claudiobastos

Nov 13, 2010
Belo Horizonte
We can report them in know issues

Do I have to create another Google Account or what? Why can't Google allow us to remove our app history?

In this link Google Play support /googleplay/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=known_issues.cs&ki_topic=1319135

We can "Report this" on Deleting apps from My Apps/My Orders in Know issues

The more people who do, most will be taken into account
The more we push, the more they'll hear

MissionImprobable

Dec 20, 2011
Took a while for them to allow you to delete credit cards from your account, but maybe they'll get around to fixing this eventually.

Danielrogers

Jun 22, 2012
Hollywood
The very new Google Play is a joke by its name. It's not you using Google to play, but Google plays with us. Starting with restricted countries to use its services and its "we-add-search-use-it-and-be-thankful" search and ending with such in-account irritating stuffs like the above mentioned.

So: Play with Google but remember it's Google who plays with you.

I don't think all your reports are able to change anything. They need it for some purposes, I don't think it's just their mistake or lack of foresight.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts