Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Wallpaper

USAs5br.png

ENJOY!!

88exp88

Mar 7, 2012
Big change log today, some of it pertaining to us. Check it out.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: twrex82

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
The most recent bunch had a lot of camera-related items.

I don't honestly believe the Evo is capable of "zero shutter lag", but "zsl burst mode" was mentioned in one of those commits (i commented on it weeks ago, then it was abandoned, then it re-appeared, and now it's been merged) and I'll be curious to know if it applies to us.

Of course if any of those other items fixes the phone FC issue, that would be a real game-changer...

NxNW

Apr 11, 2011
the one thing no one said in the last few posts was whether the *2/17 nightly* fixes the phone FC's when the far side hangs up first.

i did see a commit that specifically addressed phone audio but not phone crashing per se.

guess i'll have to flash it which i enjoy doing just haven't had the time

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
I suppose the sound issues described above could explain why my alarm clock lights up but emits no sound *sometimes*.
I'm still on the Feb 3 nightly, but I just started having stock alarm clock problems too. Specifically, when the alarm goes off, the screen turns on but there is no sound or vibration. I turned all my volume levels up and tested it again, but it didn't help (and the lack of vibration seems to be an indication of a deeper problem anyways).

After some googling, I decided to force stop + clear data on the Clock app. I then added a new test alarm, and it worked!

The problem is that I'm sure it will get into that state again. Maybe I will upgrade to the latest nightly and hope for the best, but it sucks being 15 minutes late to work :(

If it happens again, I'll probably try a third-party alarm clock app, as I'd rather not have to clear data on the clock app every night just to be safe :p

Reactions: NxNW

kmoo

Oct 9, 2010
I'm still on the Feb 3 nightly, but I just started having stock alarm clock problems too. Specifically, when the alarm goes off, the screen turns on but there is no sound or vibration. I turned all my volume levels up and tested it again, but it didn't help (and the lack of vibration seems to be an indication of a deeper problem anyways).

After some googling, I decided to force stop + clear data on the Clock app. I then added a new test alarm, and it worked!

The problem is that I'm sure it will get into that state again. Maybe I will upgrade to the latest nightly and hope for the best, but it sucks being 15 minutes late to work :(

If it happens again, I'll probably try a third-party alarm clock app, as I'd rather not have to clear data on the clock app every night just to be safe :p

I think this is having the same issue as Mazwoz 4.2.1 Rom as they come from the same source, but the sounds is routing through the headset speaker, rather than through the speaker phone. Something is toggling it under certain situations. for me when I go from bluetooth in my car to sitting in my office I turn bluetooth off and it routes sound through the earpiece speaker, and then I have to use sound about and click the headset recognition toggle in an app called sound about, or run a music player and toggle it to fix it. Then it is good until the situation with bluetooth or sometimes after completing a phone call. Don't know what to capture when it's happening to help though.

HunterZ0

Jul 4, 2012
I think this is having the same issue as Mazwoz 4.2.1 Rom as they come from the same source, but the sounds is routing through the headset speaker, rather than through the speaker phone. Something is toggling it under certain situations. for me when I go from bluetooth in my car to sitting in my office I turn bluetooth off and it routes sound through the earpiece speaker, and then I have to use sound about and click the headset recognition toggle in an app called sound about, or run a music player and toggle it to fix it. Then it is good until the situation with bluetooth or sometimes after completing a phone call. Don't know what to capture when it's happening to help though.
I wonder if it could be triggered by the phone app force close issue?

meldryn

Nov 12, 2012
has anyone tried to customize a ROM (ie update battery icons)? I tried tickleMyAndroid but kept running into issues with it. anyone have any other recommendations on tools?

cryptic3

Jul 31, 2012
Using the 2/20 and my GPS locking on lag seems to have disappeared faster response time. Now the camera still glitchy. I notice hat it glitches when my finger is blocking the lens then moved but the burst mode is a sweet little bonus i really like jelly bean so I'm going to keep it as my daily regardless of the camera glitch. As far as the call force close i cant help my phone isn't in service but i use text plus and use that for my calling and text. The app itself has some issue though

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: NxNW

ryan.dawkins

Nov 8, 2012
Oklahoma City
righrex.com
Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv releases
Evervolv nightlies

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

It says GPS is the only thing not working.. Does that mean you got 4G and FFC working?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Haven't posted here in awhile, and I've got 3 other devices to post for tonight so this is gonna be short and updated later.

Right now the current source we are working on is Jellybean (Android 4.2.x).

For those that don't know what evervolv is, Evervolv is an AOSP (Android Open Source Project) rom. We're fully open sourced and encourage it with no restrictions. The work put into this rom is community driven and and Evervolv Project is made up of numerous members and contributors.

Current version: 3.2.0p1

Downloads:

Evervolv nightlies & releases

Below is the "Not working" or items that are buggy list. I'm going to keep it short and simple for the time being and let ya'all figure bugs out, and I will update this.

Items that need attention: (Not working or buggy)

** Resetting for 3.2 release **

GPS?

Here's a couple links to keep in mind:

My twitter: @preludedrew

Evervolv Github: https://github.com/Evervolv

Evervolv Gerrit: http://review.evervolv.com/

Evervolv website: http://www.evervolv.com/
    (The website has not been updated since our gingerbread builds... I know I know.)

IRC: #evervolv

Or maybe since the end of the world is near they said screw it why even bother :confused:

In all seriousness, Evervolv is available on multiple platforms. Some may take longer to get working than others. Grouper and Manta are the Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 devices, which already has the 4.2.x upgrade so of course those would be one of the first to get this ROM. In regards to our specific device, only the Evo LTE and Evo3D have had theirs released by @preludedrew. And of those two the LTE version was pulled due to connectivity issues.

To all who want to know when our device gets a release:

1.) Download Twitter or some variant
    2.) Follow @preludedrew
    3.) Patiently wait for him to say when it is available.

Any available release would be posted on his Twitter feed before here.

Couldn't have said it better myself ^^

Yes we're just having a tough time getting this device working with 4.2. Along with the fact that most of us are 2+ devices past these ones (although this doesn't pull us from committing to them, just strained between devices).
    So I've got a feature that I've put some decent work into and I need some feedback. Basically it's a cross between the recent apps view and the Galaxy style notification widgets (Most of you know as cm power widgets). To open this up, we've made it so you just long-press the statusbar:

NewQwikWidgets.png
    So 4.3 is booting on qsd8k devices. I'm going to do some work on it tonight, however I do not have my evo to test. It's currently en route to elginsk8r for him to work on a 3.0 kernel. That being said, if I could get a few testers that can dedicate a little time ( hopefully tonight ), we can get at least a preview release out. If not, get nightlies going for Evervolv 3.3 ( Android 4.3 ). Please hop on IRC ( irc.freenode.net -- http://www.evervolv.com/chat/ ). If you see this message after tomorrow evening, please don't come on irc asking for test builds, as I really would like to get this done in the next two nights.
    Update!
    Code:
    [01:07] <@preludedrew> CaptainThrowback, supersonic enabled on nightlies
    And that's KitKat, baby!

What doesn't work: WiMax, FFC
    What still needs to be fixed: Video Camera (doesn't save files), Flash (Torch not working either), a2sd(?)
    What does work: Everything else :)

So I think the first Nightly will show up tomorrow, but anyone that wants to help work out those remaining issues is welcome to jump in and do so.

Let's keep this legendary device alive and kicking!