Weird lag issue

Search This thread

31ken31

Nov 7, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
I just picked up a bad esn sprint phone. Its pure stock, locked bootloader and all. I did a couple factory resets. And cant for the life of me figure out whats causing the lag. For a minute or two after boot its tolerable app drawer speed but whenever I open something (any app at all) it will hang anywhere from 5-30 seconds. Then once the app opens it will hang up again. Sometimes popping up the not responding wait or force close box. I hit wait and almost instantly its useable but laggy. Anyone have any ideas

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

31ken31

Nov 7, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
I just picked up a bad esn sprint phone. Its pure stock, locked bootloader and all. I did a couple factory resets. And cant for the life of me figure out whats causing the lag. For a minute or two after boot its tolerable app drawer speed but whenever I open something (any app at all) it will hang anywhere from 5-30 seconds. Then once the app opens it will hang up again. Sometimes popping up the not responding wait or force close box. I hit wait and almost instantly its useable but laggy. Anyone have any ideas.

Android 4.1.2
Build JZO54K
Baseband D720SPRLF2

Screwed edit up sorry for double post

Edit: im running a hardware monitor and its pretty much running at 1000mzh constantly. This is after a fresh reboot no additional apps started.

Last edited:

31ken31

Nov 7, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
No ideas? I've been googling since starting thread found emmc bug info. Appears this phone doesn't have it. So far 7 minuted to get this much typed.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA Free mobile app

31ken31

Nov 7, 2010
New Port Richey, Florida
Backup your stuff. Unlock bootloader. Flash factory image. Report back if it solves the problem. :)

No working pc at the moment. And why should you need to reflash the image on a factory unrooted device. It seems after i clear memory with clean master it speeds right up again for 15-20 minutes. It gets down to 11% available memory. I don't have really anything installed except xda and some tools. My hope for this phone is to try and learn how to port a ROM and want this phone to run smooth pure stock before i start so if it has a lag when i port i will know its my fault. And when flashing stock image can i downgrade without any issues

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
No working pc at the moment. And why should you need to reflash the image on a factory unrooted device. It seems after i clear memory with clean master it speeds right up again for 15-20 minutes. It gets down to 11% available memory. I don't have really anything installed except xda and some tools. My hope for this phone is to try and learn how to port a ROM and want this phone to run smooth pure stock before i start so if it has a lag when i port i will know its my fault. And when flashing stock image can i downgrade without any issues

Factory images are one of the best sources to start afresh. Flashing a factory image (4.1.2 in this case) will wipe EVERYTHING and you will be able check if the lag is still present.

And since, you are working on porting a new ROM which I thing is > 4.1.2, you will not face any downgrading issues.