***ClockworkMod Touch recovery 5.8.0.2 available***

Search This thread

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
ClockworkMod Touch recovery 5.8.0.2 is now available for the HTC Desire :)

ALL CREDITS TO @Koush

touchrec-20120131-004121.jpg

Installing The Recovery
There are primarily three methods of installing a custom recovery to your phone. Please note that the first method is specific to ClockworkMod recovery only while the other two methods can be used for any custom recovery supported by your phone.

1. Using ROM Manager
  2. Using Fastboot
  3. Using flash_image

I still prefer the Fastboot method so these instructions are for Windows users, but the equivalent steps should work for mac and linux:

Open up a cmd window and go to your SDK tools folder. Now type

Code:

Code:
fastboot

and press enter. You should see a list of fastboot commands available. If you don't get that, you're probably not in the right folder. Check your path and where you installed the SDK and make sure you are in the /tools folder.

Once you've verified you can run fastboot, it's time to move the recovery image to the /tools folder (easier not to have to specify a path to the recovery file). I would also rename the recovery file to something short like recovery.img.

Once the recovery image is in the same /tools folder as fastboot, you'll need to put your phone in fastboot USB mode. To do this:

1) make sure the Fast Boot option is disabled. Note, this "Fast Boot" has nothing to do with the fastboot executable I've been talking about. This is a setting in Sense to allow the phone to boot up faster. To disable this setting, go to Settings > Power > Fast boot (uncheck the box).

2) Hold down the power button and select Power Off from the menu. Wait 1 minute for the phone to completely power off.

3) Boot into HBOOT. See this post for detailed instructions on how to boot into HBOOT:
How to boot into bootloader (HBOOT)

4) Once you're in HBOOT, you'll see it scan for a few files. This is normal. When it is done, you can make selections in the menu. Vol-UP and Vol-DOWN allows you to move up and down the menu list. POWER button acts as ENTER and selects whatever you're highlighted over.

By default, FASTBOOT is selected. So just press power.

5) now you should be in the FASTBOOT section of HBOOT. Plug the phone in via the USB cable to the computer where you installed the Android SDK. You should see the red FASTBOOT banner turn into FASTBOOT USB. If that doesn't happen, it means that your HBOOT drivers aren't working.

Your phone is now ready to accept commands from the fastboot executable that came with the Android SDK. Go back to that cmd window where we tested the fastboot command earlier. From there, issue the following command:

Code:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Here's a quick explanation of the above command:

fastboot: that's the executable tool
flash: that's the function we want the fastboot tool to perform
recovery: this is the name of the partition we want to flash into. since we are flashing a recovery image, it needs to go to the recovery partition.
recovery.img: this is the name of the actual file to flash. Your filename may be different. Just make sure it matches the actual filename.

Fastboot will flash the image and give you a success/failure notification. If successful, you're all set. To check out the new recovery image, verify that BOOTLOADER is selected in the HBOOT menu (should be highlighted in blue). Press POWER button to select it. Now you should be back at the main HBOOT menu.

Use VOL-DOWN to highlight RECOVERY and press POWER button. The phone will now attempt to boot into the new recovery image.

You'll see the htc splash screen briefly and then the recovery image. That's it!

Attachments

• recovery-clockwork-touch-5.8.0.2-bravo.img.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 35,303
Last edited:

sjn01

May 4, 2011
Anyone try it? the Ext4's lauching time is too long, whatever the touch version or classic version. I dont know why.
But the RMD 1. 034 is faster than that. I will try it this weekend.
Anyway, well done Yorzua!

Last edited:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
screenshots of recovery? what does this have over 4ext?

Reported by @koush himself as :

Currently, supported devices include (stay tuned, as I am updating this list as I build):
Samsung Nexus S
Samsung Nexus S 4G
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA and GSM)
HTC Desire
HTC Desire HD
HTC Evo
HTC Evo 3D (GSM and CDMA)
HTC Thunderbolt
Motorola Atrix 4G

But my thread here is for the HTC Desire only as i dont own the other devices.

The touch code is still beta, so please flash it, test it, report bugs and be patient :)

Reactions: vanguarde

Droidzone

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 24, 2010
Kochi
www.droidzone.in
OnePlus 9 Pro
"Backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext"

That's what I call useless. Interface itself is too plain. It has touch support, but that's it. It's not been tweaked to make use of its touch interface.

Last edited:

Yorzua

Aug 19, 2010
Gotham City
Sorry guys, i have been extremely busy at work and releasing my whatsapp mods

generalwhatsappdarkyorz.png

"Backup may not be supported on this device. Skipping backup of sd-ext"

That's what I call useless. Interface itself is too plain. It has touch support, but that's it. It's not been tweaked to make use of its touch interface.

As i wrote, the touch code on CWM is still a Beta.
So please flash it, test it, report bugs if you want.
Be patient ;)

have an error while entering finale command, any ideas?

Must be S-OFF indeed !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ClockworkMod Touch recovery 5.8.0.2 is now available for the HTC Desire :)

ALL CREDITS TO @Koush

touchrec-20120131-004121.jpg

Installing The Recovery
    There are primarily three methods of installing a custom recovery to your phone. Please note that the first method is specific to ClockworkMod recovery only while the other two methods can be used for any custom recovery supported by your phone.

1. Using ROM Manager
    2. Using Fastboot
    3. Using flash_image

I still prefer the Fastboot method so these instructions are for Windows users, but the equivalent steps should work for mac and linux:

Open up a cmd window and go to your SDK tools folder. Now type

Code:

Code:
    fastboot

and press enter. You should see a list of fastboot commands available. If you don't get that, you're probably not in the right folder. Check your path and where you installed the SDK and make sure you are in the /tools folder.

Once you've verified you can run fastboot, it's time to move the recovery image to the /tools folder (easier not to have to specify a path to the recovery file). I would also rename the recovery file to something short like recovery.img.

Once the recovery image is in the same /tools folder as fastboot, you'll need to put your phone in fastboot USB mode. To do this:

1) make sure the Fast Boot option is disabled. Note, this "Fast Boot" has nothing to do with the fastboot executable I've been talking about. This is a setting in Sense to allow the phone to boot up faster. To disable this setting, go to Settings > Power > Fast boot (uncheck the box).

2) Hold down the power button and select Power Off from the menu. Wait 1 minute for the phone to completely power off.

3) Boot into HBOOT. See this post for detailed instructions on how to boot into HBOOT:
    How to boot into bootloader (HBOOT)

4) Once you're in HBOOT, you'll see it scan for a few files. This is normal. When it is done, you can make selections in the menu. Vol-UP and Vol-DOWN allows you to move up and down the menu list. POWER button acts as ENTER and selects whatever you're highlighted over.

By default, FASTBOOT is selected. So just press power.

5) now you should be in the FASTBOOT section of HBOOT. Plug the phone in via the USB cable to the computer where you installed the Android SDK. You should see the red FASTBOOT banner turn into FASTBOOT USB. If that doesn't happen, it means that your HBOOT drivers aren't working.

Your phone is now ready to accept commands from the fastboot executable that came with the Android SDK. Go back to that cmd window where we tested the fastboot command earlier. From there, issue the following command:

Code:

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

Here's a quick explanation of the above command:

fastboot: that's the executable tool
    flash: that's the function we want the fastboot tool to perform
    recovery: this is the name of the partition we want to flash into. since we are flashing a recovery image, it needs to go to the recovery partition.
    recovery.img: this is the name of the actual file to flash. Your filename may be different. Just make sure it matches the actual filename.

Fastboot will flash the image and give you a success/failure notification. If successful, you're all set. To check out the new recovery image, verify that BOOTLOADER is selected in the HBOOT menu (should be highlighted in blue). Press POWER button to select it. Now you should be back at the main HBOOT menu.

Use VOL-DOWN to highlight RECOVERY and press POWER button. The phone will now attempt to boot into the new recovery image.

You'll see the htc splash screen briefly and then the recovery image. That's it!
    screenshots of recovery? what does this have over 4ext?

Reported by @koush himself as :

Currently, supported devices include (stay tuned, as I am updating this list as I build):
    Samsung Nexus S
    Samsung Nexus S 4G
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus (CDMA and GSM)
    HTC Desire
    HTC Desire HD
    HTC Evo
    HTC Evo 3D (GSM and CDMA)
    HTC Thunderbolt
    Motorola Atrix 4G

But my thread here is for the HTC Desire only as i dont own the other devices.

The touch code is still beta, so please flash it, test it, report bugs and be patient :)
    have an error while entering finale command, any ideas?

Are you s-off ?