{X10}[NS-PORT][ROM][4.0.3] - MIUI V4 - 2.3.30 | DEVELOPMENT STOPPED | 9Lukas5

Search This thread

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Hi all, I have made a port of the Nexus S MIUI V4 to our beloved X10 today. I don't want to write here much text, so here are the infos about it:

- source rom: cm9 - credits to FXP Team
- portet rom: MIUI V4 NS - credits to Xiaomi for MIUI and miui-germany.de for the german translation
- guide I used: How to port MIUI v4 - credits to proxuser
- Aroma installer: [MOD][1.63] AROMA Installer :: 120306-032 :: Open Source - xda-developers - credits to amarullz

And only that nobody misunderstands me, I'm not a developer, I only ported the rom. So the "magic" comes from FreeXperiaTeam, cause they are the developers of the sources I use.

Screenshots:

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
What it is:
  • based on cm9 FXP 111
  • Android 4.0.3
  • MIUI V4 2.3.9
  • The rom is in an ALPHA state, so it's not yet ready for daily use and I don't want to see one question about camera and other stuff like that!!

WORKING:
  • Everything that works in FXP cm9 should here also work
  • Inbuilt Screenshot function
  • Network (you have to remove the simpin in any 2.3 rom before flashing this, instead you won't get a signal because the rom doesn't ask you for the pin and so the network can't be unlocked)
  • Data (download HiApn from Play Store. click on dns check, click ok on the upcoming prompt, scroll down and disable and then reenable data. After that you should get a data icon and a working connection)

NOT WORKING:
  • The same as what is working, everything that isn't working in FXP cm9, isn't working here, too.
  • Deep Sleep (The fix I had included in one release is breaking too much other things)

REQUIREMENTS:
  • unlocked bootloader
  • Baseband 2.1.71 or 2.1.67
  • FXP cm9 Kernel I provide with the rom.

Latest Version:

Installation:
  • Flash the linked Kernel with Flashtool
  • Go to recovery (hit a few times the vol- button when the led lights up)
  • DON'T WIPE ANYTHING before you are in the installation process
  • If you come from another rom you HAVE TO choose full wipe, if you come from a previous release it's your choice.
  • select the update.zip for the rom and follow the onscreen instructions :D
  • reboot

v.0.0.8.Alpha:
http://www.mediafire.com/?feww2b13howbh

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Previous versions:

You can find all previous versions here: Archiv

md5 sums:

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.6.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: was never released, only for personal testing used

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.5.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: c56b31a36a0db1c934ee875c29a445e4

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.4.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: 2b121e091d82fc1b2a4f898316530a7d

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.3.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.16: 82851cf353bda1a023d97af8493e191a

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.2.Alpha-MIUI-V4-2.3.16: ae9eb84e124f52b82d2cf5bc39589f70

Last edited:

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Please a changelog?What works or not?Thanks!

I have written it in second Post. Everything that works in FXP cm9 works here, too.

WORKING
AUDIO - ok
GPS - ok
TOUCH SCREEN - ok
CWM RECOVERY 5.5 - ok
BT - ok
GSM - ok
GSM DATA - ok
WIFI - ok
GRALLOC - ok
3D - ok - (crashes on sleep)
VIDEO DECODER - software for now
USB MTP - ok

NOT WORKING
CAMERA
HOTSPOT

plus deep sleep isn't working, which isn't listed in the cm9 thread. So have a look at your battery.

Regards,

L

skymike03

Nov 22, 2009
ANGERS
Oh, and I forgot to mention. The MIUI inbuilt screenshot function (menu+vol down) is working. With this I have shot the screenshots in first post :D

good news !! you have decided to continue Oodie's Work ?? I know it's not the same port, but as Oodie left X10 community, you're going to cook us a sweet miui ics rom !!! but for the moment, oodie's one is better =P

I hope FXP will fix camera, 3D, and DeepSleep, and your rom will be usable for everyday !!

Last edited:
Reactions: psycmos

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
good news !! you have decided to continue Oodie's Work ?? I know it's not the same port, but as Oodie left X10 community, you're going to cook us a sweet miui ics rom !!!

I hope FXP will fix camera, 3D, and DeepSleep, and your rom will be usable for everyday !!

yeah you're right. I think the importanst bug to fix now is deep sleep, because without the rom isn't usable as everyday rom I think.

L

Reactions: pficrx and Prodigy

nekkidtruth

Jun 2, 2010
Thank you but can you please fix deep sleep first ? The camera will take sometime right ? :)

You must have missed the part where he said he wasn't developing, only porting using the CM9 FreeXperia are working on as the base. Then goes on to point out that whatever works in CM9 works here, and whatever doesn't....surprise...doesn't work in this ROM either.

Taking a quick look at where CM9 development is currently standing, low and behold we see the camera listed under "NOT WORKING".

Sorry...I'm apparently feeling quite sarcastic this morning. It just irritates me when people don't just skim, they completely ignore everything that's right in front of them.

On a brighter note...Excellent work Lukas.

cjey

Jul 6, 2009
Kathmandu
Waiting for this one and will try tonight.......
I dont care about the camera but what was the battery performance?

Regards,
Cjey

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all, I have made a port of the Nexus S MIUI V4 to our beloved X10 today. I don't want to write here much text, so here are the infos about it:

- source rom: cm9 - credits to FXP Team
    - portet rom: MIUI V4 NS - credits to Xiaomi for MIUI and miui-germany.de for the german translation
    - guide I used: How to port MIUI v4 - credits to proxuser
    - Aroma installer: [MOD][1.63] AROMA Installer :: 120306-032 :: Open Source - xda-developers - credits to amarullz

And only that nobody misunderstands me, I'm not a developer, I only ported the rom. So the "magic" comes from FreeXperiaTeam, cause they are the developers of the sources I use.

Screenshots:

What it is:
    • based on cm9 FXP 111
    • Android 4.0.3
    • MIUI V4 2.3.9
    • The rom is in an ALPHA state, so it's not yet ready for daily use and I don't want to see one question about camera and other stuff like that!!

WORKING:
    • Everything that works in FXP cm9 should here also work
    • Inbuilt Screenshot function
    • Network (you have to remove the simpin in any 2.3 rom before flashing this, instead you won't get a signal because the rom doesn't ask you for the pin and so the network can't be unlocked)
    • Data (download HiApn from Play Store. click on dns check, click ok on the upcoming prompt, scroll down and disable and then reenable data. After that you should get a data icon and a working connection)

NOT WORKING:
    • The same as what is working, everything that isn't working in FXP cm9, isn't working here, too.
    • Deep Sleep (The fix I had included in one release is breaking too much other things)

REQUIREMENTS:
    • unlocked bootloader
    • Baseband 2.1.71 or 2.1.67
    • FXP cm9 Kernel I provide with the rom.

Latest Version:

Installation:
    • Flash the linked Kernel with Flashtool
    • Go to recovery (hit a few times the vol- button when the led lights up)
    • DON'T WIPE ANYTHING before you are in the installation process
    • If you come from another rom you HAVE TO choose full wipe, if you come from a previous release it's your choice.
    • select the update.zip for the rom and follow the onscreen instructions :D
    • reboot

v.0.0.8.Alpha:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?feww2b13howbh
    Previous versions:

You can find all previous versions here: Archiv

md5 sums:

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.6.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: was never released, only for personal testing used

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.5.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: c56b31a36a0db1c934ee875c29a445e4

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.4.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.9: 2b121e091d82fc1b2a4f898316530a7d

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.3.Beta-MIUI-V4-2.3.16: 82851cf353bda1a023d97af8493e191a

update-9Lukas5-v.0.0.2.Alpha-MIUI-V4-2.3.16: ae9eb84e124f52b82d2cf5bc39589f70
    Beta 1 uploaded. Deep sleep is working, so we are in beta state now. Happy playing.

L
    If you get a better signal with 2.1.67 baseband as with the 2.1.71, you can download the linked ftf for the baseband and a fix you need for sms/mms sending/recieving. Without the patch, everything works as normal, you only can't send/recieve messages :p

X10_i_67 - unlocked bl.ftf

sms-patch-bb.67.zip