Official Indian HTC One X Owner's Thread - views, reviews and more!!

Search This thread

CatainVenky

May 21, 2012
Rooting

Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post, but since this is for india HTC one X forum and I am in india, I think thats okay. I bought HTC one X last week and its a wonderful phone. The two things I am not happy bout it though :
a) Battery back up - Not very convincing, after a medium usage, my battery lasts for around 8 to 10 hours after full recharge. I dont know if thats the best on One X.
b) Regional Fonts - The other big thing Im surprised at is not supporting the indian fonts. The much earlier version of android on Samsung S2 supports kannada fonts where as the latest ICS on HTC one x doesnt ! Isnt it surprising ? I read on the net that my phone has to be rooted and fonts should be copied to phone. but rooting voids the warranty rt ? and how risky is to root the phone ? Will I be able to get back to normal factory setting even If I pay the service charges ? Can someone help me pls ?? All I want is copy kannada fonts to my phone , SOMEONE HELP !

flame10

Dec 26, 2009
Congrats on your purchase, believe me you won't regret your purchase in the long run.

a) battery backup is going to get better gradually.. try to use the battery below 10% before putting it up to charge again, to make the battery better faster.

b) I get Bengali fonts when I try to check Vodafone balances, very much properly, not sure why you are not getting kannada.

veerm

Feb 12, 2008
Hi All,

I am not sure if this is the right thread to post, but since this is for india HTC one X forum and I am in india, I think thats okay. I bought HTC one X last week and its a wonderful phone. The two things I am not happy bout it though :
a) Battery back up - Not very convincing, after a medium usage, my battery lasts for around 8 to 10 hours after full recharge. I dont know if thats the best on One X.
b) Regional Fonts - The other big thing Im surprised at is not supporting the indian fonts. The much earlier version of android on Samsung S2 supports kannada fonts where as the latest ICS on HTC one x doesnt ! Isnt it surprising ? I read on the net that my phone has to be rooted and fonts should be copied to phone. but rooting voids the warranty rt ? and how risky is to root the phone ? Will I be able to get back to normal factory setting even If I pay the service charges ? Can someone help me pls ?? All I want is copy kannada fonts to my phone , SOMEONE HELP !
Battery will get better gradually. What worked great for me was...let the battery drain out altogether -> phone will shutdown -> Charge it for at least 8-10 hours (do not turn on the phone) -> unplug -> Turn on the Phone -> Enjoy long lasting battery

Also, use auto brightness and keep sync accounts and connectivity options to minimum

CatainVenky

May 21, 2012
Guys, what bout the font issue and rooting issue I mentioned ?? Can anyone help me on that ?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

veerm

Feb 12, 2008
Guys, what bout the font issue and rooting issue I mentioned ?? Can anyone help me on that ?

Rooting is easy and fairly safe as long as you read and follow the instructions to the "T". BUT having said that, there is always a small chance that something can go wrong. In most such cases you can revert it back to stock factory settings (you should have backed up), So its not that bad. Very rarely though you do get bricked and you end up with most expensive paper weight you ever bought. ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE.

As far as warranty goes, you do loose it as soon as you use HTCDev for unlocking your bootloader. And i don't think you can renew it with any service charges.

Now for Fonts, there may not be a way to install them w/o rooting your phone. When/if I find a way will definitely let you know.

Hope this helps. Cheers.

Last edited:

hapticc

May 4, 2010
New Delhi
i emailed them today will update all as soon as i get any info. moreover i buzzed them of usb otg not working and wifi direct also isnt working

CatainVenky

May 21, 2012
Thanks @veerm, that's a good piece of info, now what's this unlocking the bootloader ? I see there is an option on htcdev.com for it , if I follow and do it, it's same as rooting my phone or is it a prerequisite for rooting ?? Thanks again !

taha198

Thanks @veerm, that's a good piece of info, now what's this unlocking the bootloader ? I see there is an option on htcdev.com for it , if I follow and do it, it's same as rooting my phone or is it a prerequisite for rooting ?? Thanks again !

It's a prerequisite for rooting as it let you flash insecure boot.img. ;)

pratik.narkar

Apr 2, 2012
mumbai

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1338305095920.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1338305095920.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 105

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
As far as warranty goes, you do loose it as soon as you use HTCDev for unlocking your bootloader. And i don't think you can renew it with any service charges.

Not the entire warranty...If any fault is there in regard to H/W then HTC does give you a replacement but if it is established that the fault is due to S/W then you lose your warranty in totality...and if you are ready to pay then, they will repair.

jasmeet.jb

May 28, 2012
I do agree on the pricing part, almost. You have to consider demand/supply as well as competition. Also, rupee devaluation did not help past few months. On that note, I know for fact that the mobile prices will actually rise in near future (for the first time in long time). Specially if you are looking for current models. So if you are seriously considering buying within next month, you better off buying right away OR wait for at least 3-4 months IMHO.

Ya I think u r right! Rupee depreciation is a real pain in da a** :mad:
N may be da prices will increase, it won't decrease for sure.. I gotta buy dis phone nw.. Thnx for ur help btw.. :)

Dude trust me this phone is worth every penny you will spend on it !!! HTC has been on a constant move to get rid of all the issues and three updates till now proves that they are not gonna leave their flagship HOX so easily...if you really wanna buy it this is the time mate!!Go for it \m/...trust me am on 1.29 rite now and I aint facing even a single issue after updates #richeud ..Be rest assured of HTC quality and get a beast asap :)

Sent from my HTC One X Quadcore Beast \m/

Dude i was not worried bout the software prob.. I was a bit skeptical abt hardware issues like screen flex, cracking sound n stuff like dat.. I hav seen da youtube video n other thread abt problems n bugs.. Dats da reason i was hoping to get recent batch of SH25.. But i guess dat much risk i hav to take.. :)

hiemanshu

Feb 6, 2012
Bangalore
Is it worth getting the HOX right now or wait a little? I am still deciding between the S3 and HOX, but HOX looks better, so wondering if its worth getting one!

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
...trust me am on 1.29 rite now and I aint facing even a single issue after updates #richeud ;)..Be rest assured of HTC quality and get a beast asap :)

Sent from my HTC One X Quadcore Beast \m/

I wonder how you are on the 1.29 update, has it been released for Indian users?? And when was it released and where can one find the RUU for this update, the Indian update that is.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

shree.cse

Apr 30, 2010
Bangalore
Is it worth getting the HOX right now or wait a little? I am still deciding between the S3 and HOX, but HOX looks better, so wondering if its worth getting one!
You are already late to the party. Buy one and join the community.
It worth every penny, u will never regret.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

I wonder how you are on the 1.29 update, has it been released for Indian users?? And when was it released and where can one find the RUU for this update, the Indian update that is.

You too can be on the latest 1.29 base. Just unlock and flash a latest custom rom.

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
You are already late to the party. Buy one and join the community.
It worth every penny, u will never regret.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

You too can be on the latest 1.29 base. Just unlock and flash a latest custom rom.

Yep that is something that can be done. I had unlocked and then re locked the bootloader. I was thinking you are on the Indian 1.29 update

SagarDesai

May 22, 2012

Mine is still not unlocked!!! I got it from Dubai and hence got 1.29.415.11 Update!!
Sorry frgt to mention dat..my bad!!

veerm

Feb 12, 2008
Not the entire warranty...If any fault is there in regard to H/W then HTC does give you a replacement but if it is established that the fault is due to S/W then you lose your warranty in totality...and if you are ready to pay then, they will repair.
If you read the fine print on HTCDev.com you will see that you completely VOID your warranty.
Here is the part of disclaimer from HTC:

"Please note that changing your bootloader can cause significant issues with your device and once you have unlocked your device, you have agreed to the disclaimer that states a change in warranty status such that in the event you render your device unusable, you are responsible for the recovery of your device, whether by repair or by other means."

"Our devices have been designed with our hardware and software specifications in mind and unlocking the bootloader will change the software and may cause unexpected side effects. It is impossible for HTC to ensure the proper functioning of your device after this. In the worst case scenario, it is possible that your device may be physically damaged due to overheating or the behavior of your device might be altered including, but not limited to, hearing aid compatibility (HAC) and specific absorption rate (SAR) values.

Some content on your device may also be invalidated and cannot be accessed any more because of invalid DRM security keys. This includes content that you may have purchased through a 3rd party vendor and through HTC. Furthermore, although you will still be able to receive updates to your device via FOTA (“firmware over the air”), we do not guarantee that updating your device via FOTA will not render your device unusable. Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from the unlocking of the bootloader. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards."

BUT, i do agree with you that they are not practicing that rule strictly. And they will PROBABLY be customer friendly and help as much as possible.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 AM ----------

Congrats...enjoy your HOX

Cheers

rubenswing

Mar 28, 2008
26.8500° N, 80.9200° E
If you read the fine print on HTCDev.com you will see that you completely VOID your warranty.
Here is the part of disclaimer from HTC:

"Please note that changing your bootloader can cause significant issues with your device and once you have unlocked your device, you have agreed to the disclaimer that states a change in warranty status such that in the event you render your device unusable, you are responsible for the recovery of your device, whether by repair or by other means."

"Our devices have been designed with our hardware and software specifications in mind and unlocking the bootloader will change the software and may cause unexpected side effects. It is impossible for HTC to ensure the proper functioning of your device after this. In the worst case scenario, it is possible that your device may be physically damaged due to overheating or the behavior of your device might be altered including, but not limited to, hearing aid compatibility (HAC) and specific absorption rate (SAR) values.

Some content on your device may also be invalidated and cannot be accessed any more because of invalid DRM security keys. This includes content that you may have purchased through a 3rd party vendor and through HTC. Furthermore, although you will still be able to receive updates to your device via FOTA (“firmware over the air”), we do not guarantee that updating your device via FOTA will not render your device unusable. Please understand that you will not be able to return your device to the original state and going forward your device may not be held covered under the warranty for all claims resulting from the unlocking of the bootloader. HTC bears no responsibility if your device is no longer usable afterwards."

BUT, i do agree with you that they are not practicing that rule strictly. And they will PROBABLY be customer friendly and help as much as possible.

By using HTCdev, many users want to (or already have) rooted their phones but have to agreed to void their warranty to do so. The idea is not to become aggressive with HTC or demand any action to resolve the fault, the aim is simply to get them to replace the handsets if, AND ONLY IF, the issue turns out to be a hardware problem...and as said by me in my earlier post if HTC determines that the fault is due to the software being installed then you can kiss your warranty *completely* goodbye ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I m from Argentina and I say too...
    Happy Diwali day mates.

SkyDragon Sense Rom V1
    Happy Diwali to my Indian friends :)
    On a serious note, i had a chat with one of my frnds who is a htc rep, and he told.me the update is now being tested for local language support and might be out by next week.. hopefully :)
    Guys upgraded my wife's S3 to JB about 2 days ago. Take my word its not upto all the hype. I was struggling to find what was really new and what has changed. Could figure out three useful features
    a) Google now
    b) Voice search
    c)two finger gesture.
    I feel all three features are something you can live wihout.
    After using the phone for about 24 hours the performance has just gone off the cliff. Its lagging heavily and is pretty much unusable. I have done a factory reset now. Hoping it will not degrade as earlier

Take it from me that our HOX running 4.0.4 is light years ahead of the S3 running JB. I have personally experienced it. so just relax and enjoy your phone. The update will come just as all the previous updates have come.
    "Due to the cost-cutting measures and to make sure everyone gets the update, we will release the JB OTA on 22-12-12 to the people who are still alive after the apocalypse." Official quote from HTC