[Rom] Butterz Windows phone Lightly sensed [UPDATED 4/21/13]

Search This thread

fitusv

Jan 24, 2012
Phoenix
Nice job on this Rom, thx butterz everything is working perfectly, I think I just found my daily Rom, I'm loving it

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

church

Apr 25, 2006
just wondering

why cant you get a currently working rom (pick one) then apply the free launcher app from the play store? is there something different about this rom?

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
why cant you get a currently working rom (pick one) then apply the free launcher app from the play store? is there something different about this rom?

Not that I can see. However, the OP is simply sharing his set up as an all-in-one package. This is really stock sense 3.6 ROM with the mirage kernel and a couple of other things packaged in as well... :)
From what I have read in the OP, he never claimed to have done anything other than this... so.... yeah :)

egzthunder1

Admin Emeritus - Spirit of XDA
I am actually working on some back-end optimizations some specificially for this launcher, just not ready to add them to the rom yet

I just flashed this and it is very nice. Do you have optional packages with the missing sense components like music, flashlight, etc? It would be nice to have them as optional installs. Maybe aroma? In either case, nice Rom

Sent from mALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!!

gainiacster

Jan 10, 2012
Really nice ROM. I dig the windows roms. Can you tell me is there a way to remove Swype? Says it's invalid version and it won't let me install my beta copy.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

igiddyuup

Feb 28, 2011
I like it but I'm having some issues.

OK so I have been running this app a couple of days and so far I think I like it.

The major issue I'm having is the Settings > Security.

I have set to lock immediately and lock with a pin. It doesn't seem to lock at all.. The only time it requests my pin is when I choose to open something from the notification area. If I just open the message app it opens fine, but if i choose a text from the notification area it requests a pin. So it doesn't actually lock my phone at all. I can put my phone to sleep then awake it and use anything I want but the notification area. Even after a reboot my phone is unlocked..

Another issue I experience is after a reboot some tiles are moved to the bottom. Actually stacked on top of each other. I don't consider this a major issue but a little annoyance.

And like a previous person said can you remove Swype. There are a couple other things I'd like to remove like FB chat (I didn't think that was still around I thought just FB messenger was) and I personally do not like FB home, but I can deal with it being there. =]

Over all I really like the ROM - good job.

THC Butterz

OK so I have been running this app a couple of days and so far I think I like it.

I have set to lock immediately and lock with a pin. It doesn't seem to lock at all.. The only time it requests my pin is when I choose to open something from the notification area. If I just open the message app it opens fine, but if i choose a text from the notification area it requests a pin. So it doesn't actually lock my phone at all. I can put my phone to sleep then awake it and use anything I want but the notification area. Even after a reboot my phone is unlocked..

Another issue I experience is after a reboot some tiles are moved to the bottom. Actually stacked on top of each other. I don't consider this a major issue but a little annoyance.

And like a previous person said can you remove Swype. There are a couple other things I'd like to remove like FB chat (I didn't think that was still around I thought just FB messenger was) and I personally do not like FB home, but I can deal with it being there. =]

Thanks for letting me know, should be able to get my apex Rom finished by Sunday, after that, ill flash back over to this one and see exactly what I need to do to help you out, are you using sense settings or aosp?

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA

See my post above yours on how/where to remove Swype.

Sent from my SlimRom jb'd EVO 3D.

igiddyuup

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks for letting me know, should be able to get my apex Rom finished by Sunday, after that, ill flash back over to this one and see exactly what I need to do to help you out, are you using sense settings or aosp?

I'm just using whatever the default is. "Butterz-winp-r-R1.0.zip"

See my post above yours on how/where to remove Swype.

Yes I did remove it using ES File Explorer.

Last edited:
Reactions: aqualls

igiddyuup

Feb 28, 2011
MMS

I also just noticed MMS doesn't seem to work either. I have one that has been sending for 5 days. And I just tried sending another one and it's been 20 mins and still "sending"

aqualls

Nov 23, 2010
York, PA
I also just noticed MMS doesn't seem to work either. I have one that has been sending for 5 days. And I just tried sending another one and it's been 20 mins and still "sending"

Are you sprint or VM? May need to change APNs. Or update profile and PRL as that affects MMS.

fitusv

Jan 24, 2012
Phoenix
Any update to this wonderful Rom, or is it dead in the water

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, fellow faithful 3vo users, I am posting a wip project im working on, This is my first rom, so any advice or suggestions on how to improve it would be greatly appreciated
    so here goes I have put together a windows phone inspired rom based on the stock sense 3.6 rom.

sense 3.6 base so everything works i think
    The good
    -4g
    -3d
    -beats audio
    -mrg666's MiRaGe kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175191
    -builds newer than RC5 support any hboot!
    -sprint connections optimizer

Bugs:
    you tell me

Requires:
    hboot 1.58 i think...

to install:
    wipe everything and install
    i recomend using 4ext recovery
    optionally only after initial boot reboot to recovery then install aosp statusbar and settings, do not wipe or it will break the system!

Latest build: Butterz-winp-r-R1.0.zip - 448.80 MB

Download old version: butterz-winp-RC5.zip - 422.75 MB

changelog:
    -4/21/13 Found bug in RC that breaks the wifi!- moved from rc5 to r1, cooked fresh from 2.95 base everything seems to be in working order !

screenshots
    2013-03-25_15-16-12_zps2a5d9560.png

2013-03-25_15-17-06_zps94eec838.png

2013-03-25_15-16-17_zps2bc50916.png

2013-03-25_15-48-22_zpse60fe41e.png
    Having some issues ironing out bugs but this is still being developed

Re: [Rom/Dev] Butterz WIP Windows phone sensed

Hi, fellow faithful 3vo users, I am posting a wip project im working on,
    so here goes I have put together a windows phone inspired rom based on the stock sense 3.6 rom.

sense 3.6 base so everything works
    The good
    -4g
    -3d
    -beats audio
    -mrg666's MiRaGe kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2175191

The part i need help with:
    i need help getting this packaged to be redistributable, also automaticly activation and forced configuring of the wp notifications on first boot

Requires:
    4ext recovery to flash (because its in backup format)
    hboot 1.58

to install as is:
    extract the contents into your clockworkmod/backup/ folder and restore it as though it was a backup... because it is a backup, I am not terribly great with linux yet so all development was done on my phone

on first boot launch wp notifications to configure notifications

Download: 2013-03-25.16.05.51_2.89.651.2710RD.7z - 351.62 MB

screenshots
    2013-03-25_15-16-12_zps2a5d9560.png

2013-03-25_15-17-06_zps94eec838.png

2013-03-25_15-16-17_zps2bc50916.png

2013-03-25_15-48-22_zpse60fe41e.png

Looks like windows 8 phone launcher

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Re: [Rom/Dev] Butterz WIP Windows phone sensed

The part i need help with:
    i need help getting this packaged to be redistributable, also automaticly activation and forced configuring of the wp notifications on first boot
    If it's a cwm aka. IMG file use this
    If it 4Ext just extract it with winrar put the boot in the same folder the system folders is in then take the META-INF folder out of the stock base rom and put in the same folder with the boot and system
    It would look like this
    System
    Boot
    META-INF
    And highlight it all and add to archive with win RAR and zip it and
    boom it should boot

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
    working on it now should have another upload tonight