[ROM][Sprint][Virgin Mobile][KDDI] CyanogenMod 10.2 - HOOD POPE - October 21, 2013

Search This thread

whbisondtr

Jun 20, 2012
Damn man, ur just smokin it.. Ill have to wait til the move to flash but nice job!

Edit: i figured wth.. On hboot eng 1.04, got stuck on splash screen, tried twice..
RedBear's Evo 3D

Last edited:

HideTheCookies

Mar 3, 2013
Temperance
does evo v need the upgraded firmware because i'm using the newest 4ext with eng hboot and if so do i just use the sprint firmware?
*i already have radio 1.09.00.0108, and my 4ext is v1.0.0.5 rc9 July 13, 2013

Last edited:

cityeyes

Aug 12, 2009
Near Chicago
Ok, dropped my hboot down to the Eng 1.04, verified that 4ext is updated completely (newest test build, July 2013), and installed the newest OTA (the one with radio 1.09.00.0108 - firmware only) - still freezing on HTC for me.

Any suggestions? Did I do something wrong? Restored my Nandroid so there's nothing inherently wrong with my install, just can't boot the new version after a full wipe.

Last edited:

jmkarnai01

Oct 10, 2010
Middlesex, NJ
HTC 10
OnePlus 7
Does anyone have working 3g? WiFi works just fine but other wise no data, and link2sd doesn't work either. Besides that this is a very exciting start. :thumbup::beer:

Sent from my Evo 3D CDMA using xda premium

hoesnaps

Oct 14, 2010
Ok, dropped my hboot down to the Eng 1.04, verified that 4ext is updated completely (newest test build, July 2013), and installed the newest OTA (the one with radio 1.09.00.0108 - firmware only) - still freezing on HTC for me.

Any suggestions? Did I do something wrong? Restored my Nandroid so there's nothing inherently wrong with my install, just can't boot the new version after a full wipe.

I am also still getting stuck at HTC screen, after changing to 4ext, updating all firmware, and using boot 1.04 eng. I has a sad :(

FroyoShark

Sep 12, 2011
Minnesota
youtube.com
I have the latest firmware, radio 0.97.10.0530, and HBOOT 1.50 and it's getting stuck on the boot logo. It happened as well before I updated the firmware (I believe it was the latest Sprint version, the one I'm using now is for VM)

jlmancuso

Apr 26, 2011
houston, tx
Looks like 4.2 kernels work with 4.3 so far. Using NIN's kernel without issue so far. Some of the older apps wont work but that has been the norm with each update. Changing prls to check out data cause my 3vo is normally just a media device. Will report back later on data.

Sent from my htc_supersonic using xda app-developers app

jmkarnai01

Oct 10, 2010
Middlesex, NJ
HTC 10
OnePlus 7
Looks like 4.2 kernels work with 4.3 so far. Using NIN's kernel without issue so far. Some of the older apps wont work but that has been the norm with each update. Changing prls to check out data cause my 3vo is normally just a media device. Will report back later on data.

Good to know about the kernels :thumbup: Please do check and see if data works, I can make phone calls but can't do anything else with out wifi

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011

Will there be a performance difference if 4.2 kernels are used on 4.3 vs kernel made for 4.3 on 4.3? The latest android version since first jellybean uses linux kernel 3.4 vs what we use ,that is , 3.0.xx , if we use 3.4 kernel made for android4.3, will there be any performance boost?

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
Will there be a performance difference if 4.2 kernels are used on 4.3 vs kernel made for 4.3 on 4.3? The latest android version since first jellybean uses linux kernel 3.4 vs what we use ,that is , 3.0.xx , if we use 3.4 kernel made for android4.3, will there be any performance boost?

The only difference for kernels on 4.3 is SELinux

The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle

Jun 17, 2010
Plano, TX
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I hate to be that guy, and I love WFTN, but just out of curiosity, is WiMAX a possibility on 4.3? I'm the rare user that has great WiMAX coverage, but poor 3G. I will stick with WFTN til I'm ready to upgrade, but just wondering if it might be possible in the future.

mnomaanw

Jul 29, 2011
The only difference for kernels on 4.3 is SELinux
Just tried and redownloading and reflashing and getting stuck again....

Btw....whats the difference between linuxkernel 3.0 vs 3.4 ? We still use 3.0 on jellybean while jellybean was released with 3.4.........
What do we benefit from selinux?

Flashalot

Jun 7, 2012
Chicago

So nins kernel works with 4.3
Got to flash that

Working good for me had a hiccup of su flashed the su 4.3

Sent from my One S using Tapatalk 2

dastin1015

Inactive Recognized Developer
I hate to be that guy, and I love WFTN, but just out of curiosity, is WiMAX a possibility on 4.3? I'm the rare user that has great WiMAX coverage, but poor 3G. I will stick with WFTN til I'm ready to upgrade, but just wondering if it might be possible in the future.

WiMAX currently creates an NPE at boot time and kills boot. WiMAX is also deprecated so I doubt it'll ever work.

Just tried and redownloading and reflashing and getting stuck again....

Btw....whats the difference between linuxkernel 3.0 vs 3.4 ? We still use 3.0 on jellybean while jellybean was released with 3.4.........
What do we benefit from selinux?

A lot. 3.4 although isn't easy to port over due to ION and other headaches

Reactions: The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle

TrofeoSC

Jan 29, 2006
Weeki Wachee, FL
I am on HBoot 1.04.2000 radio 1.09.00.0706 S-OFF, using 4EXT v. 1.0.0.5 RC9. I have been using Mazda's Unicorn with great success.

But, I can't get this one to boot past the initial screen. Several downloads to computer using Win 7 and also downloaded directly to the phone.

Any help would be appreciated.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    | CyanogenMod 10.2 - Android 4.3.1 - Jellybean |

f4oSyQR.jpg

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now likely void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * spontaneous combustion, or any other host of cosmic penalties
     * which may befall you, your family, or your phone.
     */

If you ask any questions that are answered in the first two posts your question will be ignored. If you don't search prior to posting you will be ignored. If you don't read you will be ignored. If you've done all that and still don't have an answer then feel free to ask your question. Ambiguity doesn't help anymore. Elaborate. It's that simple.

c4ypvbf.png

• Built from CM source
    • Service
    • Text
    • Call
    • Audio
    • WiFi
    • Google Now
    • Bluetooth
    • GPS
    • MMS
    • Video playback
    • Audio playback
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • UMS
    • Data

bJO9QqG.png

• You tell me
    • 4G WiMAX
    • Standard CM 10.2 issues.
    • I don't have an activated device so I can't test everything and I'm paying for college out of pocket so no accessories.

2jpqfKR.png

• Do NOT use superwipes
    • Any HBOOT lower than 1.57
    • S-OFF
    • Very latest 4ext recovery
    • Have latest Sprint firmware installed.
    • Wipe everything except sdcards
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash GAPPS
    • Reboot
    • ???
    • Profit
    To enable Developer Options and Performance go to Settings, About Phone and repeatedly press Build Number.
    If you use ADB read this: PSA by CM
    If you use reboot to recovery read this: PSA by CM
    Regarding new Superuser: PSA by CM
    Read the FAQ thread here before posting any questions in this thread: FAQ

w5xnyz0.png

• First and foremost my girlfriend Monica for supporting me and encouraging me along the way as well as being the best girlfriend I could ask for!
    • Everyone who contributes to CM as this is based on their hard work!
    • EpicCM as I expanded their work to make it work for CM 10.1!
    • NineInchNails for being an awesome dev partner, moral support and friend!
    • Albinoman887 for being an awesome dev partner and friend!
    • NV-LTE for being an awesome dev partner and for the OP banner!
    • Preludedrew for his support and mentoring!
    • Abadasstanker69 for the hosting!
    • The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle for allowing me access to a working line to test all capabilities!
    • All my supporters!

Donation Link
    PqCOw62.png

Kernel source for GPL

The name of this ROM comes from A$AP Ferg's newest single Hood Pope.

sB7atuO.png

| Oct. 21, 2013 |
    • JLS36I (4.3.1)
    • Fix boot for Japanese KDDI Evo 3D (shooterk)
    • Fix Bluetooth tethering
    • Fix Torch
    • Kernel: Linux 3.0.100
    • CM upstream: Here

| Oct. 1, 2013 |
    • JLS36G
    • Add suppport for Japanese KDDI Evo 3D (shooterk)
    • Data / WiFi handoff working completely
    • Kernel: Fix network traffic indicators

| Sep. 14, 2013 |
    • Camera code cleanup
    • Working data
    • Vibration and hardware light tuning
    • Kernel: patch to 3.0.94, enable CPU freq scaling sync across all cores

| Sep. 1, 2013 |
    • Camera bugs
    • Fix camera again
    • JSS15Q

| Aug. 23, 2013 |
    • Fix up WiFi
    • Data (hopefully)

| Aug. 12, 2013 |
    • Camera
    • Camcorder
    • UMS

| Aug. 10, 2013 |
    • Initial release

l5SakBJ.png

| Oct. 21, 2013 |

| Oct. 1, 2013 |

| Sep. 14, 2013 |

| Sep. 1, 2013 |

| Aug. 23, 2013 |

| Aug. 12, 2013 |

| Aug. 10, 2013 |
    I have CM 11 booting with a PMEM/ION hybrid kernel with both working data and browser, but I don't want to release until I get the sdcard working.
    Update released. See changelog for details
    Shout out to The Fer-Shiz-Nizzle for allowing me access to a working line to test all capabilities! I know have active service so I can properly test data, text, calls, etc. Except WiMAX due to living in an LTE area not WiMAX.

私のONEから送信される。