Need apk. Cant install UK TV catchup app from playstore on UK z ultra help please

Search This thread

bucho2004

Mar 16, 2011
When I try to install tv catch up on the playstore it's not showing up anymore. I tried searching everywhere in xda forums and Google but can't find the latest version of it. When I install it, It says it needs latest version which I can't download on playstore anyway. Has anyone got the latest apk file and help me out.

On a side note, Iam loving the xperia z ultra. Seems smaller now then when I first saw it, funny how that works. Anyway I can't imagine myself using a smaller phone now. Unlike the note 2 which I always felt was too small to make me not want a tablet and too big for just having it as a smartphone.

The xperia z ultra feels like a very portable ultra slim tablet with phone capabilities, which saves me carrying around 2 devices

Sent from my C6833 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
When I try to install tv catch up on the playstore it's not showing up anymore. I tried searching everywhere in xda forums and Google but can't find the latest version of it. When I install it, It says it needs latest version which I can't download on playstore anyway. Has anyone got the latest apk file and help me out.

On a side note, Iam loving the xperia z ultra. Seems smaller now then when I first saw it, funny how that works. Anyway I can't imagine myself using a smaller phone now. Unlike the note 2 which I always felt was too small to make me not want a tablet and too big for just having it as a smartphone.

The xperia z ultra feels like a very portable ultra slim tablet with phone capabilities, which saves me carrying around 2 devices

Amazon appstore may still have it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AR1UZES
I won't upload the apk in case they've removed it from the plastore for a reason.

Further investigation suggests the devs have had their account suspended... http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthread.php?12116-No-App-in-the-Play-Store&p=98342#post98342

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: bucho2004

bucho2004

Mar 16, 2011
Thank you for the response.
I thought it could have happened right after I flashed a firmware update, glad to know that it's not that.
I actually think that it might have something to do with copyright reasons I remember tv catchup removing channels because of that.
It's a shame as the video quality of the broadcasts were really good much better than iplayer etc

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Thank you for the response.
I thought it could have happened right after I flashed a firmware update, glad to know that it's not that.
I actually think that it might have something to do with copyright reasons I remember tv catchup removing channels because of that.
It's a shame as the video quality of the broadcasts were really good much better than iplayer etc

Yeah, there are no mainstream digital channels anymore, just BBC. They got hammered in the courts. Such a shame, was a great app.

bucho2004

Mar 16, 2011
I actually managed to download it through aptoide, like I said the video quality is quite good.

RANT!
i hate the fact that as a business, UK companies are so LAZY, bbc iplayer and others channels on android suck. You have Lovefilm that doesn't even have streaming, Sky's NOW SERVICE that only supports like 2 or 3 devices.
Just look at Netflix and the service it provides to keep its customers.
You have high stores like HMV, GAME, and others all crying coz they are going out of business, yet still they don't even try to be competitive.
I have no sympathy for them whatsoever.
That's why I managed to download TV catchup instead of using their Sh**t lazy ass apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Amazon appstore may still have it http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00AR1UZES
    I won't upload the apk in case they've removed it from the plastore for a reason.

Further investigation suggests the devs have had their account suspended... http://forums.tvcatchup.com/showthread.php?12116-No-App-in-the-Play-Store&p=98342#post98342