[Q] Failed deodexed

Search This thread

EpullSalvatrucha

Feb 24, 2014
Muar, Johor
if it's already defined just leave it, only put the missing codes and files, and modify what needs to be modified especially on the public.xml and smali parts.. you have to understand what the codes do, don't just follow every detail on a guide, use your logic. to make it easier though use an unmodified systemui and follow the guide to every detail but if you're modifying an already modified apk you have to figure it out yourself as it would be slightly or completely different.

owh you mean just ignore that error and continues to editing public.xml? ok i will try..

TaylorDahmer

May 13, 2013
Marikina City
owh you mean just ignore that error and continues to editing public.xml? ok i will try..

im not saying ignore the error.. All i said is if the needed to be added codes are already defined inside the xml just leave it, dont duplicate anything.. But If it doesnt compile there is something wrong..you may want.to check the codes thoroughly and find the.culprit and do some editing if needed..

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London

with styles ids and strings add anything that is in the code I gave for status_bar_expanded.xml that has not already been defined in those xmls - in other words look at the code I gave and then look at what they reference in styles.xml strings.xml and ids.xml and then copy those reference into your xmls but only if they are not already defined (not there already)

you dont edit public.xml - never edit that xml without good reason to

all you have to do is recompile the apk and then decompile the new apk and the new resources are added to public.xml and you copy the hex address for the clock and date iv already said into the smali as already explained

EpullSalvatrucha

Feb 24, 2014
Muar, Johor
im not saying ignore the error.. All i said is if the needed to be added codes are already defined inside the xml just leave it, dont duplicate anything.. But If it doesnt compile there is something wrong..you may want.to check the codes thoroughly and find the.culprit and do some editing if needed..

actually the error is when i added new line.. the </resources> will get red after i put some line in ids style strings xml.. how to fix it?

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Nicely explained brother,,,you are such an valuable asset for our gsy community.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
Ok i will give you systemui.apk and framework-res.apk... you make for me can?

no sorry - I dont do this for three reasons

1 - I dont have time to do other peoples work
2 - You will never learn to do it yourself if someone else does it so what will you do next time you want something done
3 - I will be inundated with requests from loads of people if I do every mod for everyone

Although sometimes I do things for others I think in this case its best if you learn - start with a guide you do understand and once you understand what things do in xml files you can come back to this later

TheFixItMan

Jul 8, 2012
London
i already tried sir.. but i failed failed and failed... i put my effort and times on this.. but nothing i got.. reading guide not helping without a teacher..

try flashing the attachment in cwm with system mounted

make any backup first as I can not take responsibility if it doesnt work/force closes and so on

If it doesnt work I will not troubleshoot it because I can not test it myself

Attachments

• Test_SystemUI.zip
    344.3 KB · Views: 3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks... its working! :D i have another question... when i want to set up working folder... i put hyperion rom... after kitchen extract the rom to working folder.. there is bmlunlock... can i delete it? or if i delete it will cause problem ?

you can delete it - it puts a dummy boot.img (kernel) if you dont already have one - its only used if you include a kernel it the rom zip

you only need the system folder and the meta-inf folder to which after you have built the rom you need to unzip and replace the update binary (get it from any other flashable zip for this phone) and then mod the updater script to make it flashable (you just need to change the bit above the symlinks to something like the following if it is a stock based rom)

Code:
    show_progress(0.1, 0);
    ui_print("Rom Name");
    ui_print("By You");
    mount("rfs", "EMMC", "/dev/block/stl19", "/system");
    mount("rfs", "rfs16", "/dev/block/stl11", "/data");
    delete_recursive("/system");
    package_extract_file("check_data_app", "/tmp/check_data_app");
    set_perm(0, 0, 0777, "/tmp/check_data_app");
    run_program("/tmp/check_data_app");
    ui_print("Installing system");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
    ui_print("Installing data");
    package_extract_dir("data", "/data");
    set_perm_recursive(1000, 1000, 0771, 0644, "/data/app");
    package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
    yeah i got it :D ... can i know the easier tool for theming rom for galaxy y s5360? i want to theme my rom..

just use apktool to decompile the apk and then do what ever mod you want and then recompile it
    wow! its will take more time to build my rom.. sir.. i want to put jellybean header in my systemui.. any guide? i follow guide by mohawk97 but failed.. help please.. i cannot understand his code because not using code box..

code box?? why would you need that - looks pretty simple to me you dont need anything other than to decompile the apk and to open xml files in notepad++ (different from windows notpad so download it)

you can also compare it to mine

goto
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2500901

download my status bar and decompile systemui.apk with apktool

open status_bar_expanded.xml and look at the following

Code:
    <RelativeLayout android:orientation="horizontal" android:background="@drawable/square_normal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:baselineAligned="false" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true">
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DigitalClock android:id="@id/clock" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="4.0dip" android:layout_alignParentLeft="true">
                <TextView android:textAppearance=@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:ellipsize="none" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" />
                <TextView android:textAppearance=@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Clock" android:ellipsize="none" android:gravity="center" android:id="@id/timeDisplayForeground" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:singleLine="true" android:layout_alignLeft="@id/timeDisplayBackground" android:layout_alignTop="@id/timeDisplayBackground" />
            </com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DigitalClock>
            <com.android.systemui.statusbar.policy.DateView android:textAppearance=@style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Expanded.Date" android:gravity="left|center" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:layout_marginLeft="6.0dip" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/clock" />
            <ImageView android:id="@id/settings_button" android:layout_width="48.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="4.0dip" android:src="@drawable/ic_notify_quicksettings" android:scaleType="center" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/date" android:contentDescription=@string/accessibility_settings_button" />
            <Button android:textSize="15.0sp" android:id="@id/clear_all_button" android:layout_width="48.0dip" android:layout_height="48.0dip" android:layout_marginRight="6.0dip" android:text=@string/status_bar_clear_all_button" android:layout_alignParentRight="true" style=@style/Clear.Buttons" />
        </RelativeLayout>

copy and paste that to yours

add any ids Styles Strings that are in the above to your xmls of the same name in the values folder - if they are already there do not add them again

copy DateView$1.smali DateView.smali DigitalClock.smali from smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy to yours at same location

recompile

decompile the new apk (this adds public values)

open public.xml from the values folder

open dateview.smali

in dateview.smali find 0x7f070025
    replace that value with the value in public.xml of <public type="string" name="status_bar_date_formatter"

open digitalclock.smali
    find 0x7f090029
    replace with the value in public.xml of <public type="id" name="timeDisplayBackground"

find 0x7f090028
    replace with the value in public.xml of <public type="id" name="timeDisplayForeground"

recompile

I cant write full detail
    where is smali file locate? the DateView$1.smali DateView.smali DigitalClock.smali...

once you have decompiled SystemUI.apk with apktool its in the folder called smali\com\android\systemui\statusbar\policy

decompile one of my SystemUI.apk to compare - iv already given you the link to one
    ok i got it.. i dont understand about

look at the code I gave you - decompile my systemui.apk -
    look at the values in that code for the styles strings and ids

look in the xml files relating to syles strings and ids in the values folder
    find the styles strings and ids that in the code I gave you for status_bar_expanded.xml and then find what they relate to in styles.xml ids.xml and strings.xml and copy them into yours if they are not already there

compile and then redecompile your new apk
    open the smali files up for date and clock and replace the hex values with the ones from your public.xml as iv already explained

cant give anymore help with this - if you cant find a full detailed guide you will have to work it out yourself