[REF] *Blackstone Hints & Tips* - Things you may not have known. UPDATED 30th July.

Search This thread

rb_daman

Jan 26, 2011
It's actually possible to paste in a folder using the standard file manager. Once you've selected the files you want to copy and you've pressed the screen for long enough, you have the option to cut/copy (which you probably know by now).

Go to the location where you want to paste your files, and touch the bottom right (Menu) button > Edit > Paste.

kipjr

Apr 6, 2009
Nice topic, is there a possibility to dim the screen while calling instead of making it locked/black?

pgkpgk

Sep 18, 2011
My touch sensitivity has some problem...like it is responding somewhere irrespective of the place I touch...
I did hard reset for my Mobile, it worked fine for some days ... but the problem again started...
Can any One help me...........

mariconda

Nov 9, 2007
SMS and Contacts location

Since many people has got problems involving contact loss, my idea is to save the contacts on the memory card. The same I think could be useful for SMS.
Where are those elements located on the Touch HD, and how could I convince the phone to save on the memory card ?

juzsayin

Dec 19, 2011
SD CARD

Hey i had the same problem when i was installing android ... WAITING FOR SD CARD

But once i installed it on a CLASS 2 sd card i took it out and copied everything onto a much bigger sd card which is a CLASS 6 - 16gb and it works

juzsayin

Dec 19, 2011
CALIBRATION & NO white squares

I am not sure if this has affected anyone who installs this on a HTC touch hd 8282

But i have experienced it many times. When i install and up comes the calibration i can ONLY see the FIRST white square, even that disappears in a millisecond. The other four calibration white squares doesn't even show up.

So i have got it WORKED OUT... i think

the first square is on top left

the second is on the top right

the third is in the middle

the fourth is bottom left and

the last calibration white square is on the bottom right.

Those calibration squares on the extreme edges are about 0.5 cms from their nearest edge.

Hope this helps ... i couldn't calibrate it until i installed the 7.0 version

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
most people use a ts-calibration file they put on the sd card together with the android installation, then the display is perfectly calibrated and there is no need to go through the annoying, and as you mentioned, buggy screen calibration in haret.

juzsayin

Dec 19, 2011
yah well just put up the info ... the pattern is there

1) top left

2) top right

3) middle

4) bottom left

5) bottom right

Chef_Tony

Retired Forum Moderator
Sep 8, 2008
unfortunately, i don't have a blackstone anymore, but since there is a dedicated blackstone android development section on this forum, you can find a ts-calibration file with every release.
just have a look at the first post of this thread, where there is an explanation about screen calibration and an attachment to download:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1167324&highlight=ts-calibration

or feel free to use any other of these 29 search results:
http://xdaforums.com/search.php?searchid=2852743

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    53. Set MP3 as a Ringtone
    In Windows Explorer, you can right click an mp3 file and choose to set it as a ringtone.

54. Improve Speed Access of Micro SD Card
    Most Micro SD cards come already formatted as FAT 32 using 32kb clusters. To speed up your Micro SD access, reformat your Micro SD card to use 64kb clusters instead of 32kb clusters (FAT 32 remains the same). Warning: formatting will permanently erase all data on your Micro SD card so be sure to copy all data on it to your PC and the copy them back again after the format. You can use SoftWinter's StorageTools app to reformat the card.

55. Use Titles Instead of URLs for Opera Bookmarks
    When adding and saving a new bookmark in Opera, be sure to let the web page fully load and THEN save it as a bookmark. Doing so, your bookmark will use the friendly title name for the web page. If you add a bookmark while the page is still loading, your bookmark will be using the url address as your bookmark's title.

56. Increase Frame Rate of Camera
    If you want to increase the FPS of the camera to speed up picture processing, just turn down the brightness to -1.5 or -2.0.

57. Increase Wrting Space in SMS
    Go to this site: http://www.ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm and download the 'arm/xscale/pxa'.cab file. Go into Explorer and run the cab file from wherever you saved it, and install it. Now go to Start > Programs and run 'Total Commander' that you just installed. Open the directory 'Windows' and scroll down to find 'thread_sms.htm'. With 'thread_sms.htm' highlighted click 'File' then 'Edit'. Scroll down through the file until you find the line
    '<Inbox:content id="COMPOSESUBJECT" width="98%" height=35'
    Change the value for height from 35 to 70 and then click 'File' then 'Save'. Soft reset the phone and your space for typing a message should be bigger.

58. Increase Speed and Fix Lag of Keyboard Tapping
    Use a registry editor to make the following changes. Go to:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Keybd
    Find "InitialDelay"=dword: dec - change to 775
    Find "RepeatRate"=dword: dec - change to 23
    Also set the suggested words to a lower number such as 0 and disable auto-correction of words. Now you should no longer hvae misspleled wrods. :)

59. Increase Resolution of Panoramic Photos
    By default, panoramic photos are less than 1 mp. This registry tweak increases resolution to about 7 mp.
    Go to: HKLM/Software/HTC/Camera/P3
    Adjust MainCamCaptSize to 1024 and MainCamSupportCaptSize to 1744. Soft reset.

60. Quick Access to Manila Alarm Page
    You can go direct to the Alarm page from the Manila Home screen by tapping the alarm info text in the lower right corner below the flip clock.

61. How to Calibrate Screen if Stylus Can't Navigate the OS
    To align screen if it is not usable, press and hold Vol Up and Vol Down buttons together and tap the screen. You are now automatically taken to the screen calibration screen.

62. Improve Suggested T9 Dictionary With Custom Words
    The Blackstone has a very useful hidden application in the Windows directory. You need to unhide hidden system and Rom files in order to find it and you can do this by using a 3rd party file explorer such as 'Resco File Explorer'. Find the file "eT9MyWords.exe" in the Windows directory and add a shortcut to this file in your Windows/Start Menu folder.

When in the application, add the most common words you use when using the keypad such as names, locations, user names, email addresses and other words not common in the standard T9 dictionary. For example if you are based in London, UK you could add the following locations:

Leicester, Piccadilly, Tottenham, Soho, Charring, Euston, Trafalgar, Clapham

and words such as BRB, DVD, coz, lol, xoxo, username@hotmail.com, ciao, etc.

63. Quick Access to Last Manila Tab
    Go direct to the last tab of Manila by flicking towards the right anywhere on the screen above the tabbed scroll bar

64. Add Favicons to your Opera Bookmarks
    Make sure a bookmarked web page is fully loaded and save and overwrite your existing bookmark with the same title to also save the favicon icon for that bookmark. This even works with pre-installed bookmarks. Just save as the same bookmark title. You can only see the icons when accessing the bookmark page through Opera and not through Manila.

* Latest update: Added entries 60-64

MOD Edit HDuser
    All entries up to number 52 have now been added to wiki
    Probably gone unnoticed because of the new thread:

Take a tiny drill, remove the backcover from the Touch HD
    and drill a tiny hole in the backcover on the exact spot where the reset button is.
    Re-attach the backcover on your HD.
    Use a paperclip everytime you need to reset your device.
    Works like a charm, no hassle of removing the backcover anymore.
    Don't understand why HTC didn't do that.....

Or install the HD Tweaks utility. The latest version also provides a HD Soft reset option in your start menu. No need to drill anything.
    Take a tiny drill, remove the backcover from the Touch HD
    and drill a tiny hole in the backcover on the exact spot where the reset button is.
    Re-attach the backcover on your HD.
    Use a paperclip everytime you need to reset your device.
    Works like a charm, no hassle of removing the backcover anymore.
    Don't understand why HTC didn't do that.....

HTC doesn't do that because they think that Diamond user use it too many time (so they need to use it)
    On HD their rom are really stable, so why have a reset button when concurrent doesn't have it ? it's a proof of weakness.
    So just hide it :)