New update

Search This thread

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
Dear guys
I don't know if you know,but I just got caught off guard with the new update.It said it will install when the kindle is IDLE so I panicked. I did a factory reset and it got rid of the download, and still 13.3.2.2_user_322095220.
Please switch the net off kindles, but if you already have it downloaded do a reset! Of course it is a minor update, so I presume it wouldn't do much, and the exploit hopefully would work.
Remember: factory reset!

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Doesn't matter. 99% of hdx users have gotten the forced update that blocks root anyway and AFAIK there is no new method.

I'm not factory resetting a device I can't root and have a custom recovery on anyway.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

murso74

Oct 30, 2010
Yeah I'm not going to kill the internet indefinitely on a device I paid for to use on the internet. I get what you all are saying but if I do that it's a 200 dollar paperweight that may never see root anyway

Reactions: oOBubbleBoyOo

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
I got the update. Amazon managed to get it when I was on airplane mode and forgot my network. Amazon are like the Watchdog guy.

picomoon

May 5, 2014
I got IMDB update when i was sleeping, through the net blocker working .fake blocking and crazy amazon .the good news is my system is still 13.3.2.2.

Sent from my KFTHWI using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

R1Mike

Aug 3, 2013
Elkins, WV
Yeah I'm not going to kill the internet indefinitely on a device I paid for to use on the internet. I get what you all are saying but if I do that it's a 200 dollar paperweight that may never see root anyway

If you are still on version 14.3.1.0 and are rooted, then all you need to do is rename 2 files which has prevented me from updating and I'm able to use wifi all day long. If not rooted, go ahead and root offline, and then rename the 2 files.

rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.old in /etc/security/
and rename com.amazon.dcp.apk to com.amazon.dcp.apk.old in /system/app/

I've done this on my 8.9, and still have root and am able to use wifi with no issues and have not been updated. I use my kindle daily on wifi. I tell my kindle to update and it says last update failed.

I've also installed Xposed and am using Google play store.

I'm looking forward to the newer updated software versions being rooted, so that we can go ahead and get the bootloader unlocked.

mjculross

Dec 31, 2013
Fort Worth
URL for the 8.9" firmware update

The latest update 13.3.2.3.2 can be downloaded from:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-13.3.2.3.2_user_323001720.bin

if anyone wish to dissect it for changes, revisions, and potentials...

FYI.

The firmware update for the 8.9" can also be successfully downloaded from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-14.3.2.3.2_user_323001720.bin

Mark J Culross (KD5RXT)
mjculross@sbcglobal.net

Tuerkay

Dec 1, 2010
Can someone explain me why my kindle updated while it was in airplane mode?
I did a factory reset today and just connected to wlan to download some apps. I checked the settings and didn't see any updates downloading. Said my device already has the newest update while it was on 13.3.2.2. I then deactivated wlan and set my device to airplane mode. Now while my kindle was still on airplane mode, I got the message that it successfully updated to 13.3.2.3.2. What the duck is wrong with Amazon. Amazon became Hitler's stasi 2.0.

ferrouskid

Mar 12, 2014
Can someone explain me why my kindle updated while it was in airplane mode?
I did a factory reset today and just connected to wlan to download some apps. I checked the settings and didn't see any updates downloading. Said my device already has the newest update while it was on 13.3.2.2. I then deactivated wlan and set my device to airplane mode. Now while my kindle was still on airplane mode, I got the message that it successfully updated to 13.3.2.3.2. What the duck is wrong with Amazon. Amazon became Hitler's stasi 2.0.

Well basically I think the way it works is that the kindle already downloaded the update, and the updated when idle. However this is a minor update- nothing to worry about. Just block the download sources on your router and forget about it!!!

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
umm

Does this new update patch any chances of rooting?

Well considering they haven't released the root yet if it exists.... For the last one. The only people that would know are ones who have been able to test it.. It would be kind of hard for the masses to know the definite answer to that... But allegedly yes the new update will patch that allegedly possible root exploit. That allegedly exist.... That currently I'm sure hundred of tablets are sitting on airplane mode in a desk drawer awaiting for.... So Innoway those who wish to have access roots are paying a price to gain.. Because it is obvious to me the gods are not willing to release yet.

jimyv

Jan 31, 2012
central Indiana
hey

The firmware update for the 8.9" can also be successfully downloaded from here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle-fire-updates/update-kindle-14.3.2.3.2_user_323001720.bin

Mark J Culross (KD5RXT)
mjculross@sbcglobal.net

By the way people do do not download either of these on to your Kindle. Your tablet will find them and will apply them anywhere you put them.. So in other words if you have the OTA blocked successfully. And you download one of these onto your tablet it WILL find and attempt update. Which as far as I know is exclusive to this tablet..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you are still on version 14.3.1.0 and are rooted, then all you need to do is rename 2 files which has prevented me from updating and I'm able to use wifi all day long. If not rooted, go ahead and root offline, and then rename the 2 files.

rename otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.old in /etc/security/
    and rename com.amazon.dcp.apk to com.amazon.dcp.apk.old in /system/app/

I've done this on my 8.9, and still have root and am able to use wifi with no issues and have not been updated. I use my kindle daily on wifi. I tell my kindle to update and it says last update failed.

I've also installed Xposed and am using Google play store.

I'm looking forward to the newer updated software versions being rooted, so that we can go ahead and get the bootloader unlocked.
    sa·yo·na·ra
    stored

Where does the update download to? Can it be deleted before it is installed?

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

I believe /cache