CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
AzsLTFa.png
ENxGR0l.png

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2617552

Enjoy! :D

Please post any questions in the main thread linked above!

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Thanks so much for this info!!! I've been wanting this toggle for a very long time. I do have one question. When I access my values folder in the decompiled SystemUI.apk, there is no "string"xml document to add the string name to. There is only an ärrays"folder inside of it. Why would that be? There are other "value" folders with the "res" folder that look to be for different languages and those have the "string"xml documents in them. Do I have to create my own string xml document in my existing values folder with the flashligh string name?? Thanks in advance!!

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
Thanks so much for this info!!! I've been wanting this toggle for a very long time. I do have one question. When I access my values folder in the decompiled SystemUI.apk, there is no "string"xml document to add the string name to. There is only an ärrays"folder inside of it. Why would that be? There are other "value" folders with the "res" folder that look to be for different languages and those have the "string"xml documents in them. Do I have to create my own string xml document in my existing values folder with the flashligh string name?? Thanks in advance!!

Woah that is odd.

Do two things for me 1) repost this question in the main thread so others won't repeat and 2) link me to your systemui.apk so I can take a look at it

Reactions: Rushing

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Woah that is odd.

Do two things for me 1) repost this question in the main thread so others won't repeat and 2) link me to your systemui.apk so I can take a look at it

Well, ive done some digging and it seems to be the ROM im trying to mod. Ive downloaded a different ROM and it has everything that is needed. Thanks man!

CNexus

May 17, 2012
~/android
Google Pixel 7
By the way, if I may ask, what tool(s) are you using to decompile/recompile these .apk files??? Thanks

VTS (virtuous ten studio). Once you learn how to use it, it's literally the best thing since android lol

You can even add public.xml ids without compiling/decompiling using the built-in resource manager (right click on project > open resource manager)

Last edited:
Reactions: ShinySide

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
This is a great stupid easy tool

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2536073

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Thanks again for the recommendation. This tool is exactly what ive been looking for. I do have one question, if you dont mind. Im unable to compile my edited .apk. I installed the two framework apks, then decompiled the systemui.apk. I was then able to edit it, up to trying to compile the apk in order to get the public.xml files. Instead, the program just places the original, unmodified apk in the "compiled_apk" folder. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

VillainDivine

Dec 16, 2012
Atlanta
Ok then something is wrong with the apk itself, not the stuff you added

I'd try searching those errorsandd seeing what you can find

You're absolutly right. I tried another ROM and it compiled perfectly. Thank you for your help and work on the toggle.

A little something for your help. Thanks again.

Confirmation number: 4B842558SM2836128

Top Liked Posts