[ROM][6-12-11][Showcase] Pick-n-Pack v1 with EE23 modem

Search This thread

phidelt82

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 30, 2008
***THIS IS OUT OF DATE SINCE THE EE25 BUILD WAS RELEASED. I AM WORKING ON UPDATING THE PNP FOR IT. I HAVE RELEASED EE25 ELSEWHERE, BUT CS HAS HAD BUILDS PULLED FROM XDA SO I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY NOT RELEASE FULL BUILDS HERE FOR CS PHONES. CHECK OUT THE IRC ROOM FOR MORE INFO***

This is the PnP for the Showcase. It has the EE23 modem with it that needs to be flashed with Odin. Download. Unzip. Flash the modem in Odin. Put the ROM on your sdcard and flash in CWM recovery. It is CWM 3.x friendly.

This one is different from other PnP's for the Showcase in that I've changed a few things to make it a little more generic so that maybe we can keep this one around this time. Boot animation and sound are generic as are a few other things, but it should function better than the previous build. Let's try to keep this one under the radar so CS doesn't take it away from us again.

Big thanks to Baked Tator for the power options and puzzle lock on this build. I'm sure he'll be working on some themes for it as he gets time, also.

Showcase EE23 PnP v1
Showcase EE23 PnP addons

Last edited:

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Just to make sure. This is for the cell south showcase only? Or will this work on the Ntelos I think it is?

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I figured. Just wanted to make sure for the new guys with the Ntelos showcase. As always phidelt. Thanks:)

Tap-a-Talked from my Mesmerize

deltascrew

Feb 18, 2011
Greenville, MS
2 noob questions...........

1. Will the modem will work with Heinz 57?

2. when flashing with Odin, where do I put the file. I assume it goes in Phone but would rather be safe than bricked.

thanks in advance!!

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
2 noob questions...........

1. Will the modem will work with Heinz 57?

2. when flashing with Odin, where do I put the file. I assume it goes in Phone but would rather be safe than bricked.

thanks in advance!!

2. If you put it in phone you will have a paper weight. Go to the stickied post of how to get back to stock for Odin instructions.

StuckinMemphis

Dec 9, 2009
Hobart
What's that about CS taking it away from us. I wasn't aware anything like this was happening. I switched from PnP to Heinz 57. Can CSouth disable our phones or something like that? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to all this.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
What's that about CS taking it away from us. I wasn't aware anything like this was happening. I switched from PnP to Heinz 57. Can CSouth disable our phones or something like that? Sorry for all the questions. I'm new to all this.

No, the deal was, I got hold of the EB11 build and posted it. I also made the PnP from it. CS found out about it and came to XDA and made them take it down. To try to keep this from happening again, we're taking this approach. I just built the ROM and added the modem update with it hoping that maybe would leave us alone. As far as I know, CS can't disable you phone just for having a ROM on it other than stock. They can deny your warranty if you screw the phone up, though.

StuckinMemphis

Dec 9, 2009
Hobart
No, the deal was, I got hold of the EB11 build and posted it. I also made the PnP from it. CS found out about it and came to XDA and made them take it down. To try to keep this from happening again, we're taking this approach. I just built the ROM and added the modem update with it hoping that maybe would leave us alone. As far as I know, CS can't disable you phone just for having a ROM on it other than stock. They can deny your warranty if you screw the phone up, though.

Thanks for the reply. What's the difference with the modem. Is this something I should flash?

phidelt82

Aug 30, 2008
Thanks for the reply. What's the difference with the modem. Is this something I should flash?

Since I don't have a Showcase I can't really talk to the changes in the modem personally. Generally each release has bug fixes. I'm not sure if this one helps gps like other new modems, but it's possible.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

StuckinMemphis

Dec 9, 2009
Hobart
Since I don't have a Showcase I can't really talk to the changes in the modem personally. Generally each release has bug fixes. I'm not sure if this one helps gps like other new modems, but it's possible.

Thanks again for the reply. I appreciate all the development you guys do. It would suck to have this phone and be stuck with 2.1 waiting for C South to release froyo. I'm already antsy to get gingerbread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA Premium App

Magickly

Apr 17, 2009
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
Thanks for this & all your other great [SHOWCASE] work.
Really looking forward to this one. The more generic, the better!

I am on PagePlus/VZW network so not concerned about CellSouth, but very concerned about bricking my phone. I have not been able to get 3G/data working on PP/VZW so
far...wondering if CS has restrictions built into rom blocking data connections with other carrier? Can a baseband be locked into a carrier?

Anyway, I know how to install/recover using odin, but having trouble finding original/stock [SHOWCASE] files including DJ20 modem/radio in the event I screw something up. Looked in the mesmerize sticked how to get back to stock ODIN and a million other places. Do these files exist in the wild?
I am a long-time lurker and thorough searcher, really surprised I can't find anything.

Any and all assistance totally appreciated. Thanks again!

BubbaKush

Jan 19, 2011
Umm yeah we could never get our hands on the DJ20 stock files but did get EB11 (Froyo) thanks to Phidelt82. We only had it for a while though before CS pulled it. And since you have the showcase you should never flash anything from verizon or us cellular, I.e. mesmerize and fascinate.

akellar

Jan 9, 2011
Iowa
Typically, not having data is common when using a phone on a network it wasn't intended for.

Magickly

Apr 17, 2009
Lenovo Yoga Tab 2
EB11 & other ROMs

Thanks for the info & tips
Sorry I missed out on the EB 11, I googled around a bit too see if I could find a copy anywhere but so far no luck, but I am currently caffeine impaired :eek:

Really surprising. Hmmm... Can't recall ever hearing of a carrier blocking development on the boards. I did notice many showcase threads that google finds have been removed. :(

I am in NY far out of CS range. Got the showcase cheap from someone who told me it was a Mesmerize. So I don't mind it being a guinea pig & recklessly flashing.
Tried a couple of fascinate roms & they ran fine, but still no data. The primary gateway appears to be locked/reverts to CS settings. Others have flashed showcases to cricket with full data, so I know it can be done. Perplexing tho... my quest continues. LoL

Already LOVE the showcase! way more than my evo. Totally appreciate all the work developers & other users share with us here. Gonna flash this new one as soon as I have coffee

Nice to meet you all

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***THIS IS OUT OF DATE SINCE THE EE25 BUILD WAS RELEASED. I AM WORKING ON UPDATING THE PNP FOR IT. I HAVE RELEASED EE25 ELSEWHERE, BUT CS HAS HAD BUILDS PULLED FROM XDA SO I WILL MORE THAN LIKELY NOT RELEASE FULL BUILDS HERE FOR CS PHONES. CHECK OUT THE IRC ROOM FOR MORE INFO***

This is the PnP for the Showcase. It has the EE23 modem with it that needs to be flashed with Odin. Download. Unzip. Flash the modem in Odin. Put the ROM on your sdcard and flash in CWM recovery. It is CWM 3.x friendly.

This one is different from other PnP's for the Showcase in that I've changed a few things to make it a little more generic so that maybe we can keep this one around this time. Boot animation and sound are generic as are a few other things, but it should function better than the previous build. Let's try to keep this one under the radar so CS doesn't take it away from us again.

Big thanks to Baked Tator for the power options and puzzle lock on this build. I'm sure he'll be working on some themes for it as he gets time, also.

Showcase EE23 PnP v1
    Showcase EE23 PnP addons
    Thanks for the info & tips
    Sorry I missed out on the EB 11, I googled around a bit too see if I could find a copy anywhere but so far no luck, but I am currently caffeine impaired :eek:

I found the eb11 download on a download mirror site. search eb11 odin in google and it should be the fourth link from the top. it will be Showcase EB11 - download. click it and then click eb11 showcase odin.zip.zip and then click the proper download link.
    Or just come into the IRC and the link is in there.
    Shameless double posting.