[Q] How to s-off and install rom in inspire 4g?

Search This thread

Loo2495

Apr 3, 2014
Hello :)

A friend of mine gave me his Inspire 4G because he was getting sick of Istock GB and I told him I could help. I have experience with Custom roms and such, I have a Huawei Y300 that runs a custom cyanogenmod rom called Expert, I'm not a total noob but this is my first time dealing with an HTC and having to S-OFF and those things. Could you please answer me this questions?

1) It's running Stock Gingerbread rom, so it is EXTREMELY outdated. Do I need to update to ICS to be S-OFF and be able to install custom roms? I look forward to installing Fallen, which is based on 4.3 (CM 10.2)

2) Will It lose the network connectivity? In my huawei you can flash and go up and down in versions however you like. But this HTC has RUUs, radios and all those things. Which should I flash? As I said, currently running stock gingerbread and it is unlocked

Thanks for all your help, I appreciate it

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
1) It's running Stock Gingerbread rom, so it is EXTREMELY outdated. Do I need to update to ICS to be S-OFF and be able to install custom roms? I look forward to installing Fallen, which is based on 4.3 (CM 10.2)
It's the other way around. You'd need to either S-Off or unlock the bootloader to install ICS. There's no stock ICS for the DHD. Your options are AAHK2 (for S-Off) and the Easy Ace Root Tool (for bootloader unlock). Do a little research on those two tools (I've never used either personally), as well as on the difference between S-Off and bootloader unlock, and choose which one you want to use.
2) Will It lose the network connectivity? In my huawei you can flash and go up and down in versions however you like. But this HTC has RUUs, radios and all those things. Which should I flash? As I said, currently running stock gingerbread and it is unlocked
RUUs install stock, so if you're trying to get ICS and above you don't want those. If you're planning to install ICS or above, install the latest radio.

Loo2495

Apr 3, 2014
It's the other way around. You'd need to either S-Off or unlock the bootloader to install ICS. There's no stock ICS for the DHD. Your options are AAHK2 (for S-Off) and the Easy Ace Root Tool (for bootloader unlock). Do a little research on those two tools (I've never used either personally), as well as on the difference between S-Off and bootloader unlock, and choose which one you want to use.

RUUs install stock, so if you're trying to get ICS and above you don't want those. If you're planning to install ICS or above, install the latest radio.

Thanks for your help :)

I thought there was an ICS update available for this device, but I was wrong. Will try those tools and report my results later. I appreciate the help

Reactions: bananagranola

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks for your help :)

I thought there was an ICS update available for this device, but I was wrong. Will try those tools and report my results later. I appreciate the help