REVERT TO STOCK & RELOCK BOOTLOADER FROM PUDDING (My experience how i did it)

Search This thread

klonic0

Nov 27, 2010
Well i was needing revert my custom firmware and bootloader to stock (also relock bootloader)
but i was very afraid about you can revert uncloked bootloader if you do it with Pudding
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1136261

My atrix 4G (MB860) comes with the latest v4.5.145 (AT&T)

ver145.png

And I was running CF SuperLite_CM10_V8, with TWRP 2.6.3 Recovery

superslim.png

I decided to flash de SBF file running the risk of a brick, but i was reading this post
http://www.grupoandroid.com/topic/76554-downgrade-de-45145-a-141-y-unlock-bootloader/
If i get a soft-brick....

I use RSDLite 6.1.5 + MTK PATCH to flash

And 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-att-us-gas_na_olpsgbattspe_p012.sbf.gz as my flash file

And if you are reading this post it's because you allready have installed your MotoDrivers rigth?

(I do it from my Win 8 Computer, x64 system)

My Result? a MB860 Stock 2.3.6-4.5.141 with Locked Bootloader

Later i perform an upgrade from my phone to 2.3.6-4.5.145 (Moto Blur ID rerquired)

To end one more time in my first same version.

If you decided to do this IT'S ALL UNDER YOUR OWN RESPONSABILITY!!!

I'm just sharing my own experience!!!

Conclusion: It's posible Restock & Relock from Pudding Without Brick your MB860 Atrix 4G :good: :cowboy:

Saludos desde Tijuana B.C MX :laugh:

Any Gramatical Correction are welcome!, English it's not my natal Language! ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: pixut

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Well i was needing revert my custom firmware and bootloader to stock (also relock bootloader)
but i was very afraid about you can revert uncloked bootloader if you do it with Pudding

ver145.png

superslim.png

I decided to flash de SBF file running the risk of a brick, but i was reading this post
http://www.grupoandroid.com/topic/76554-downgrade-de-45145-a-141-y-unlock-bootloader/

And 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-att-us-gas_na_olpsgbattspe_p012.sbf.gz as my flash file

And if you are reading this post it's because you allready have installed your MotoDrivers rigth?

Later i perform an upgrade from my phone to 2.3.6-4.5.145 (Moto Blur ID rerquired)

Conclusion: It's posible Restock & Relock from Pudding Without Brick your MB860 Atrix 4G :good: :cowboy:

Way late on this. Everybody knows how to return to stock.

bevilz

Dec 3, 2008
Stuck in the same boat! Please advise...

Many thanks klonic0 for your post, it has given me hope!

I am stuck in a similar situation with an AT&T Atrix 4G that has the v4.5.145 unlocked bootloader and absolutely refuses to flash back to the stock 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-att-us-gas_na_olpsgbattspe_p012.sbf image.

The phone experiences frequent SODs and drains its battery extremely quickly.

The Motorola RSD lite (with the MTK patch) keeps failing at "switching to BP Pass through mode".
(I have tried about 7 variations from windows xp through to Windows 8.1 on 32 and 64 bit machines.

After which I am back to square one, i.e. a "Failed to boot 1" error message on the top left corner of the phones screen, I then have to flash anyone of the following three sbf files to get the phone working again:

pudding.sbf or 4547-fix-try2.sbf or trololol-unlock234.sbf

Is there any hope to flash back this phone back to the stock image with a locked bootloader? :confused:

Last edited:

palmbeach05

Oct 12, 2012
Motorola Atrix HD
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
Many thanks klonic0 for your post, it has given me hope!

I am stuck in a similar situation with an AT&T Atrix 4G that has the v4.5.145 unlocked bootloader and absolutely refuses to flash back to the stock 1ff-olympus-user-2.3.6-4.5.141-111212-release-keys-signed-att-us-gas_na_olpsgbattspe_p012.sbf image.

The phone experiences frequent SODs and drains its battery extremely quickly.

The Motorola RSD lite (with the MTK patch) keeps failing at "switching to BP Pass through mode".
(I have tried about 7 variations from windows xp through to Windows 8.1 on 32 and 64 bit machines.

After which I am back to square one, i.e. a "Failed to boot 1" error message on the top left corner of the phones screen, I then have to flash anyone of the following three sbf files to get the phone working again:

pudding.sbf or 4547-fix-try2.sbf or trololol-unlock234.sbf

Is there any hope to flash back this phone back to the stock image with a locked bootloader? :confused:

Yes, it should be working. Did you factory reset? Did you look into what failed to boot 1 means?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

bevilz

Dec 3, 2008
Update: No results yet...

Yes, it should be working. Did you factory reset? Did you look into what failed to boot 1 means?
Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Free mobile app

Hi Palmbeach05! Thank you for replying so quickly.

Yes I have factory reset the device before every attempt to flash the sbf using RSD Lite, and I have looked into the "failed to boot 1" error as well, it follows the information from this "quote" on the Atrix 4G GSMarena.com page 5:

"to all those people out there who own a motorola atrix 4g and have unlocked their bootloader 4.5.145 and are having sleep of death issues aka SOD where the phone does not wake up after a period of inactivity download moto software updater from motorola website and follow the on screen instructions moto software updater will download the stock 4.5.145 and automatically flash it and finally u will get rid of sleep of death issues and remember u will have to be in stock firmware the moto software update wont recognize your phone if u are on cyanogenmod word of advice if u are already on 4.5.145 never unlock the bootloader because there is no unlockable bootloader for 4.5.145 all the unlocked boootloaders are from previous versions so even though they unlock the phone there will be consequences like sod and random reboots on high temperatures so bottom line is u have to go back to stock many people will tell u to flash via rsd lite but trust me rsd lite is of no help as it wont be able to flash successfully because 4.5.145 sbf is not available and rsd cant downgrade so it will give an error message error switching phone to BP pass through mode but the moto software updater will be able to download the 4.5.145 sbf from motorola website and flash it automatically"​

Unfortunately I have had absolutely no luck with the Motorola software update software package either.

shapiro125

Sep 14, 2011
New York
I realize this is an old thread, but I'm very interested in this and I couldn't find the right information.

Motorola has given me the run around because none of their links ever work anymore (like this one: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9bae279371).

Is there any sort of official md5 checksum for this file? How do you know you're downloading something legit from 4shared?

Thanks so much.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ver145.png

superslim.png