[Q] DLNA not working? Playback on Sony NS510 network speakers and XBMC

Search This thread

crótach

Sep 20, 2012
Xiaomi 12S Ultra
Hi folks,

I can't seem to get DLNA working on the Xperia Z2. Maybe I'm just stupid, but the only setting I've found for these things is "Throw" which searches for devices and only finds my TV.

I also have Sony network speakers NS510 and an OpenELEC XBMC media centre, which worked flawlessly with iPhone and AirPlay.

With the Xperia Z2 they don't show up when Throw looks for devices. I can get around the XBMC issue by using apps like XBMC constellation, Yatze etc, which allow me to "send to XBMC", but it's not integrated with music, photos and videos like the iPhone was.

The worst past however is that I cannot connect my Sony phone to my Sony speaker, because Sony app "Network Audio Remote" doesn't work on android kitkat and they haven't bothered to fix it for months.

Anyone know of a way to coax the phone to play nice with DLNA devices in the home network?

xsacha

Sep 18, 2008
If you go in to settings if any if the Sony Media apps like Album, Walkman or Movies, it has a Media Sharing setting. Turn that on and it will start