[Solved] Soft Brick HTC One (M7ul) Recovery won't boot

Search This thread

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
Use ARHD 31.6 (because it's inline with your firmware 3.62.401.1), then use rumrunner to get S-Off

ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
ok cool so I am sorting that out now - downloading ARHD 31.6.

I have backed up my current firmware in CWM and also backed up all my pas in titanium backup.

anything else I need to do before putting the Image on my phone and installing it?

sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49673069&postcount=46

Last edited:
Reactions: Davidpearl

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
sounds good, while downloading, i'd copy them to PC, just in case.

If rumrunner still fails on Windows (it shouldnt, but just in case), use the Ubuntu Live USB.... i did it last week and worked from the first time

let me look for the thread....

EDIT: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=49673069&postcount=46

Cheers buddy - both titanium and Stock Backups are copied to my pc so just waiting for 36.1 to download and give it a go.

I will keep you updated.

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
back for a little while, progress :fingers-crossed:

Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
Success!!!! - S is no OFF!!!!! had to move over to my windows machine as I think there may have been an issue with Mac Bootcamp and windows 7.

So what can I do now? I am going to remove the tampered flag and would like to hop onto kitkat - would you recommend moving to kitkat as you mentioned to go to 4.3 and not up to 4.4?

:D:cowboy: :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive: <- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like :eek:)

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing :)

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks

Reactions: Davidpearl

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
:D:cowboy: :highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive::highfive: <- yes that does look funny.

4.3 was just a temporary step to get S-Off, go ahead for 4.4 (or anything you like :eek:)

if you want to upgrade/downgrade firmware, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2365506
for radios, you can check here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2419699

also check Clyde's index thread in my signature for all the stuff you can think of.

Happy Flashing :)

PS: if all is good now, could you edit main thread title to include [SOLVED] thanks

I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do :( I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way :( I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
I just tried to flash ARHD 51 and it didn't work and now it wont boot and it won't boot into recovery - phone is still unlocked and I tried flashing CWM recovery again and it won't load into it.

ARGGHHH!!!! is it recoverable? what do I need to do :( I might might just flash back to stock after all of this and leave it that way :( I'm scared I will lose my phone forever!

Managed to flash TWRP onto the phone now.

Davidpearl

Jan 28, 2014
Ok so managed to get back into CWM and have got a restore of just before I flashed to 51 so I should be ok in a bit if it has managed to install correctly.......this is causing me a lot of headache and worry!

amaansayed

May 23, 2014
HTC Soft Brick

Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__016
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3790mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.041s
adb push revone /data/local/tmp/
error: device not found
I cannot seem to be able to get a stock South African Vodacom ROM to sideload

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.

SaHiLzZ

Jan 19, 2011
Hi
My HTC M7 is stuck in boot mode. I tried to install the Google Play Edition Rom with S-on.
I had CWM but it seems to have diappeared after i used Guru_Reset_M7_3.62.401.1.zip
I have tried Squabbi's HTC ONE toolkit but it gives me an error 01 when i try to push revone.

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:

Please help me get S-OFF so that i can load any rom that will make the phone work.

adb sideload works in custom recovery, not in bootloader mode.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hi

fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) serialno:
(bootloader) imei:

So is your phone stuck in bootloader or does it boot to a rom? You can't s-off without a working rom... so why are you trying to push revone anyway?

push and flash a rom 1st, then s-off and after you'll be able to flash gpe rom.

and like sahilzz said above, adb commands=custom recovery or booted rom, fastboot commands=bootloader so you can't use adb push from bootloader.

btw better to use adb and fastboot from terminal instead of using toolkits ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: amaansayed

amaansayed

May 23, 2014
Correct rom file

So is your phone stuck in bootloader or does it boot to a rom? You can't s-off without a working rom... so why are you trying to push revone anyway?

and like sahilzz said above, adb commands=custom recovery or booted rom, fastboot commands=bootloader so you can't use adb push from bootloader.

Hi

The phone cannot boot and is stuck in bootloader. I am not sure which rom to flash as I have tried several and they give me errors. Guru reset did flash but now I cannot get into CWM recovery. What Rom should I flash as I cannot seem to find our stock Vodacom rom online. Also he do I install CWM again to put the phone into recovery mode?

I really appreciate the help guys.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

Hi

The phone cannot boot and is stuck in bootloader. I am not sure which rom to flash as I have tried several and they give me errors. Guru reset did flash but now I cannot get into CWM recovery. What Rom should I flash as I cannot seem to find our stock Vodacom rom online. Also he do I install CWM again to put the phone into recovery mode?

Thanks

I managed to get CWM back onto the phone I just need to know which ROM i can Install that will be compatible

amaansayed

May 23, 2014
Correct Rom

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thanks Guys

Hi

Thanks

---------- Post added at 03:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 AM ----------

I managed to get CWM back onto the phone I just need to know which ROM i can Install that will be compatible

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) serialno:
    (bootloader) imei:

adb sideload works in custom recovery, not in bootloader mode.
    Hi Guys,

I am in a bit of a pickle.

I decided to Install Cyanogenmod today to see what the fuss was all about - I managed to do this successfully but then after using it for a while actually didn't like it and preferred using Sense 5.

I tried to flash stock to my HTC One (UK M7ul) via the RUU method but this failed twice.

The phone is currently will only boot into Bootloader regardless of what I try so will not even boot into Cyanogenmod at all, when ever i click recovery as CWM was installed the phone will flash for a second saying starting recover and then go straight back into bootloader.

I am currently on Bootloader 1.55 with S-On - Phone is locked and will not allow me to unlock it.

I really need some help to get my phone fully functional again on HTC Sense Stock Firemware.

CID: HTC__001
    MID: PN0710000

C:\platform-tools>fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
    (bootloader) version-main: 3.62.401.1
    (bootloader) serialno: REMOVE
    (bootloader) imei: REMOVE
    (bootloader) cidnum: HTC__001
    (bootloader) battery-voltage: 4304mV
    (bootloader) commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
    (bootloader) hbootpreupdate: 11
    (bootloader) gencheckpt: 0
    all: Done!
    finished. total time: 0.047s

good thing you posted a ''fastboot getvar all'' but never post IMEI and SN, remove them from your post.

To restore the phone back to stock with a ruu, you need to be s-off to downgrade hboot to 1.44. So you will have to unlock bootloader from htcdev, install twrp custom recovery, flash arhd 31.6, s-off with rumrunner, downgrade hboot and then run the ruu.

all details can be found in this guide.
    flash twrp recovery, and then type fastboot erase cache

Then try booting into recovery, and adb push this rom.. http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_3-62-401-1-zip/
    Have you tried rooting it? Watch the screen, it will ask for su permissions
    Hi

fastboot getvar all
    (bootloader) serialno:
    (bootloader) imei: