[Q] recover from soft brick

Search This thread

Danno5150

Jul 28, 2012
I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great.

Danno5150

Jul 28, 2012
I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great. UPDATE....I was able to flash back to stock mj5 the only problem i have is i get the direct pen has stopped error. i went into app manager to turn it back on but is was showing that it was on? Any ideas?

tropazr

Aug 26, 2008
Columbus
I decided to unroot my note 3 so i could update to kitkat. I used supersu to unroot and then went to accept the ota, it failed.i then did a factory reset but safestrap still showed up. My next step was to do another factory reset and now its stuck on the galaxy note 3 boot screen with the custom logo. I tried flashing the mj5 files to it and it passed but after factory reset and a wipe it still locks on the boot screen. Any help would be great.

If you can get into download mode (home + power + vol down) you can just follow the steps listed in this thread.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2559715

You will definitely need an external SD Card and will need to follow the instructions exactly. It works like a charm. Once you are done you will be back on MJ5 and can OTA update to KitKat or continue using MJ5.

wdkingery

Nov 13, 2006
You will definitely need an external SD Card and will need to follow the instructions exactly. It works like a charm. Once you are done you will be back on MJ5 and can OTA update to KitKat or continue using MJ5.

You don't have to have an SD card; you can hold volume up and go to recovery mode, go down to update via ADB, and sideload&install the .zip files instead of an SD. (I had to do this last night from a soft brick)