[Q] CM11 : each update removes Trebutchet

Search This thread

tesslerc

May 17, 2014
Hey,

Couldn't find any info regarding this issue.

I have CM11 installed on my nexus 5, and each time I update the version (nightly) it removes the Trebutchet launcher.
This is pretty frustrating seeing as each time I need to re-install the launcher and re-organize all my desktop setup.

CM11 with PA full G-apps - did full wipe before rom and g-apps installation.

*I would ask on the official CM11 nightly thread, though it seems i have insufficient permissions.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
Hey,

Couldn't find any info regarding this issue.

I have CM11 installed on my nexus 5, and each time I update the version (nightly) it removes the Trebutchet launcher.
This is pretty frustrating seeing as each time I need to re-install the launcher and re-organize all my desktop setup.

CM11 with PA full G-apps - did full wipe before rom and g-apps installation.

*I would ask on the official CM11 nightly thread, though it seems i have insufficient permissions.

stop wiping.
all you are doing is updating, theres no need to wipe. every time you wipe data, you lose your setup. just flash the new rom over the older rom(and gapps) and your launcher will stay.

tesslerc

May 17, 2014
stop wiping.
all you are doing is updating, theres no need to wipe. every time you wipe data, you lose your setup. just flash the new rom over the older rom(and gapps) and your launcher will stay.

I guess my explanation wasn't good enough, i'll explain again.

I don't re-wipe every time, I only wiped the first time before installing CM11 for the first time.
Since then I updated (nightly versions) twice by simply flashing and both times they removed my Trebutchet launcher.

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012

I don't re-wipe every time, I only wiped the first time before installing CM11 for the first time.
Since then I updated (nightly versions) twice by simply flashing and both times they removed my Trebutchet launcher.

Trebuchet still doesn't have a backup settings function? What a joke.

Use a better launcher. Nova is good.

tesslerc

May 17, 2014
Thanks but I like the "close to vanilla" launcher with little customization options it offers.

And regardless of backup or not, I still don't understand why anything should be removed when I update - same rom both kitkat, only new nightly - boom stuff removed.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com

try moving trebutchet from being a system app to being a user app

Reactions: tesslerc

Aerowinder

Aug 11, 2012
Thanks but I like the "close to vanilla" launcher with little customization options it offers.

And regardless of backup or not, I still don't understand why anything should be removed when I update - same rom both kitkat, only new nightly - boom stuff removed.

If the launcher is in the zip file, then it will be in system. So the permissions may be incorrect.

yikwei28

May 19, 2014
Just used the cm 11 snapshot m6. No issues right now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts