Cm9/ics for the droid 3 *** users thread ***

Search This thread

kathas

Mar 7, 2011
Arlington, MA
Mute button

Love the alphas and safestrap. So much less stress about using the rom when it's so easy to go back to my safe build.

I was in a call the other day and noticed that the mute button didn't seem to be doing anything. Is there anything I can do to make that work, or so I just need to wait for later builds. Also, other than this thread, is there a general CM9 bug report list?

jweber228

Aug 1, 2011
I think i found a cool feature in alpha 6. Might just be a feature in the new cm music app but when the screen is off u can shake the phone to change tracks. Might not be a good thing if running lol

Edit: seem to be some settings for this in the music app but even though mine is set to none, shaking with the screen off changes tracks.

Sent from my XT862 using XDA App

Last edited:

will5

Sep 15, 2007
Guys, anyone one knows if there is an easy turn off for the 4 soft button keys backlight?

will5

Sep 15, 2007
lol :D

Miui have advance lights editing, where you can turn on/off kb and buttons lights.

I though cm9 could have something similar...

BTW, are you using cm9 with only gsm? phone process keeps FC, tried every fix, and nothing. How did you made gsm work?

Last edited:

Cheezhead19

Jan 7, 2012
Anyone else having problems with wifi randomly turning off? Causes some problems with twitter or Facebook not loading. In fact it happened once during this post.... Is there a workaround?

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
Guys, anyone one knows if there is an easy turn off for the 4 soft button keys backlight?

Go to Settings/Display/Automatic backlight/Edit other levels and the column under "buttons" that have all 255 represent the soft key backlights. You can change them all to 0 or just in the brightness levels you want. Remember to press "Save & apply" when you are done. Only a value of "0" will be off, anything else is on. This only works with automatic brightness.

Reactions: will5

dano1282

Jan 31, 2012
I was able to remove the globalnswitch.apk from CM9 AlphaBuild#6...and i can connect to wifi and make calls..but i can't send messages and i have no 3G data..can anyone shed some light on this for me to help me out?

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
So I figured out my problem. Apparently there is some lag if you leave spelling correction on. I turned it off and my keyboard is as responsive as it was in Gingerbread. I typed from it and the t9 is amazing.

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Ok, I have to throw this out there... I can't, for the life of me, get the wallpaper to scroll on Trebuchet. It hasn't worked for me, since Alpha 1, but I assumed it would be sorted out by now. I use Nova, because it's super customisable, but I would like to give Trebuchet a shot at some point, considering it's going to be out stock launcher. I simply can't use it without wallpaper scrolling though (or at least a centered wallpaper)... I've tried just about everything I can think of, to no avail...any help would be much appreciated. :)

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
I've done that a few times already... I've toggled it on and off, rebooted, then toggled it on again, and it's still not working for some odd reason... :\

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

Dri94

Oct 9, 2011
Florida
I just tried it also and its not working. Sorry man :/ I'm thinkn its just not supported yet

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Fair enough. I'm a bit disappointed, considering there are two other launchers out, that have loads of features, and don't have issues with scrolling wallpapers... like I said, I just want to give Trebuchet a proper test drive. I never got behind ADW with CM7, because I began using LauncherPro prior to rooting, and I'd really like to give our stock launcher a try this time around. Hopefully the launcher gets ironed out sooner rather than later.

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

mikedyk43

Mar 16, 2011
Anaheim
Fair enough. I'm a bit disappointed, considering there are two other launchers out, that have loads of features, and don't have issues with scrolling wallpapers... like I said, I just want to give Trebuchet a proper test drive. I never got behind ADW with CM7, because I began using LauncherPro prior to rooting, and I'd really like to give our stock launcher a try this time around. Hopefully the launcher gets ironed out sooner rather than later.

D3 CM9 Alpha 6

Have you tried out Nova Launcher? It is ICS only and there is a link to the download in the OP of the Alpha 6 DEV thread. It has a lot more function than trebuchet does right now.

Last edited:

jjhiza

Dec 19, 2010
Dirty Jersey
Yes I have. Nova is actually my standby, and I like it a lot. I just felt like giving the stock CM9 launcher a try. In all reality, it's not a big deal, but recently, I've wanted to run as close to a stock system as possible. If Trebuchet doesn't get sorted out, I may just start deleting it from future builds, and just using Nova. :)

Acer A500 Thor v80

VincentDHam

Sep 24, 2011
Yes I have. Nova is actually my standby, and I like it a lot. I just felt like giving the stock CM9 launcher a try. In all reality, it's not a big deal, but recently, I've wanted to run as close to a stock system as possible. If Trebuchet doesn't get sorted out, I may just start deleting it from future builds, and just using Nova. :)

Acer A500 Thor v80

Why not just freeze it? just in case actually deleting it causes issues lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made no mods. It was like this right off the bat, while I was setting up my google acct. I had trouble selecting the text input box until I actually held my finger there. Thought it was frozen or something at first. I can't stand it, I had to switch back to liberty. Frankly until the camera works I can't use ics as a daily driver anyways. I use it a fair bit

Sent from my XT862 using xda premium

Could try these build.prop tweaks. I have them all at except I haven't adjusted the max_events because I find the screen pretty responsive(tested to see if they caused crashing for you lol). Perhaps just the 1of keeping the launcher in memory will help with what you're noticing. I have to say it seems even quicker here now but it could be placebo. I've also removed libGLES_android.so etc been messing around with flashplayer trying to find a fix but no luck yet, poor framerate in videos, like maybe 1 fps and it drops the rest to give ~27fps slideshow.

Helps Scrolling Response
    windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=150

Increases overall touch response
    debug.performance.tuning=1
    video.accelerate.hw=1

Forces your home screen launcher to remain in memory
    ro.home_app_adj=1

Render UI with GPU
    debug.sf.hw=1
    @dano
    The globalnwswitch thing is in the /system/app folder. Delete the apk from there

Sent from my XT862 using Tapatalk
    In build.prop

it goes

"# Default Network type.
    # 7 => Global Phone (4 => CDMA).
    ro.telephony.default_network = 2."

does this mean that the default network is already set to 2? Do i have to change the number '7' to '2' also?? Thanks for any help guys. :)

I tried to change the setting in build.prop but i don't think it saved anything. Im using AstroViewer to do it. I also deleted the GlobalNswitch.apk from the APP folder.

But when i reboot the phone it says 'process com.android.phone has stopped. Am I doing something wrong?? LOL

edit: and one more thing. phone won't let me uninstall/delete GlobalNSwitch.apk. it said delete was unsuccessful and uninstall was unsuccessful..

The # means that that line is commented out ie doesn't actually do anything. Its just there for your information. So yes default network is set to 2 already.

/system is a read only file system. I'm not familiar with astro manager, some file mangers allow you to remount read/write. Look around otherwaise use a terminal emulator to run this command
    busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
    Make sure you are root first by using the command su if you are it should say som ething like root@solana (or something similar, I can't remember exactly)

How does this do for a daily driver? I just got my Droid 3 replaced so I've got a fresh system to fall back on just in case.

If you don't use the camera much/at all, it's a great daily. I've been on CM9 exclusively, for about three months now, and haven't had any problems doing what I need to do. The camera is a sticking point for some, but, I don't mind at all. :)