{PLAY GSM}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM10.0 FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

Niscandia

Feb 7, 2008
Ok, flashed the kernel and rom.
GSM data (AT&T) is working out of the box, so very nice there.

Wifi & Bluetooth are both dead. Seems in the logcat that it continually tries to turn wifi on and off, if you have tried to turn it on even once (even after reboots)

The major error that is appearing to be stopping the wifi would be
Code:
E/WifiHW  (  340): Supplicant not running, cannot connect
E/WifiStateMachine(  340): Failed to setup control channel, restart supplicant
D/SoftapController(  133): Softap fwReload - Ok
D/CommandListener(  133): Setting iface cfg
D/CommandListener(  133): Trying to bring down wlan0
E/WifiHW  (  340): Unable to open connection to supplicant on "wlan0": No such file or directory
E/wpa_supplicant( 1565): wlan0: Unsupported driver 'nl80211'
E/WifiHW  (  340): Supplicant not running, cannot connect

As for bluetooth I didn't find anything in the logcat to help there. If you would like a more compete logcat, let me know. Or if you need something else tried to help clear up the problem.

Reactions: Nabeel_Nabs

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
I wish ppl would stop complaing
About stuff that's broken.
I know lighting said something about this in the other thread but it should be said here as well. The devs know there are multiple things not yet working, and they're working on fixing them as well as merging 4.1 with our device.

Sent from my Xperia Play using xda premium

Play!Ya

Nov 29, 2011
Toronto
WiFi isn't working but Data and SD Card are working properly. All in all a very good start. Liked the new 'FXP' logo. Thanks

Niscandia

Feb 7, 2008
I wish ppl would stop complaing
About stuff that's broken.
I know lighting said something about this in the other thread but it should be said here as well. The devs know there are multiple things not yet working, and they're working on fixing them as well as merging 4.1 with our device.

Sent from my Xperia Play using xda premium

Well unfortunately we can't always know what the devs want or need to help them out. Hence the small log cat I put up for this one. But if that isn't needed/wanted I'll just go back to watching in the shadows of the xda :cool:

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Well unfortunately we can't always know what the devs want or need to help them out. Hence the small log cat I put up for this one. But if that isn't needed/wanted I'll just go back to watching in the shadows of the xda :cool:

That's fine, I meant the people that say gps, or another thing isn't working. I can't tell Cuz I'm on mobile but fxp should have a alpha tag in the thread title and mention stuff is still wip.

Niscandia

Feb 7, 2008
That's fine, I meant the people that say gps, or another thing isn't working. I can't tell Cuz I'm on mobile but fxp should have a alpha tag in the thread title and mention stuff is still wip.

Well got some bad news for you, no Alpha/WIP tag in the title only:
{PLAY GSM/CDMA}[DEVELOPMENT] - FXP131 - CM10.0 FreeXperia Project

Well can still hope everyone realizes this with the other two threads going on...

KeiranFTW

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 17, 2011
Sunderland
WiFi doesn't work (although jerpelea is convinced it does) but I'm sure some one will fix it pretty soon :)

I _think_ its down to the way wpa_supplicant is called in ram disk, but not sure.

Play!Ya

Nov 29, 2011
Toronto
Bug list (So Far) -
1. No WiFi
2. No Bluetooth
3. No Camera
4. Cant move or install apps to SD card
5. Circle Button problem (haven't tested the touch-pads yet)
6. LED Torch once turned on can/t be turned off (unless you reboot)
7. Rebooting while playing videos on Youtube or any video player.

Last edited:
Reactions: AwaisKhan

lightningdude

Oct 9, 2010
WiFi doesn't work (although jerpelea is convinced it does) but I'm sure some one will fix it pretty soon :)

I _think_ its down to the way wpa_supplicant is called in ram disk, but not sure.

Yeah, we got wifi working in JBX by adding a line to the init.semc.rc. There are multiple versions of the CM10 kernel in the JBX thread that should work with FXP, if you absolutely must have wifi.

netizenmt

Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, we got wifi working in JBX by adding a line to the init.semc.rc. There are multiple versions of the CM10 kernel in the JBX thread that should work with FXP, if you absolutely must have wifi.

Who wouldn't absolutely must have wifi? That's like a mandatory prerequisite for any ROM these days! :)

JunDavis

Jun 17, 2012
Crestview
Actually the Google voice isn't working. Or even anything that detects your voice.

Sent from my Xperia Play using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */
    Screenshot_2012-07-31-21-02-45.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-31-21-02-56.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-31-21-03-07.jpgScreenshot_2012-07-31-21-03-24.jpg
    HOWTO

Install instructions:
    1. Install a Recovery (there are some around this forum)
    2. Flash Rom
    3. Flash gapps
    4. Wipe (only required 1st time)
    5. Flash kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img)

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

HOWTO

Install instructions:
    1. Install a Recovery (there are some around this forum)
    2. Flash Rom
    3. Flash gapps
    4. Wipe (only required 1st time)
    5. Flash kernel (fastboot flash boot boot.img)

Google Apps are not included in this ROM. You'll need to find those yourself if you want them.

ENJOY AN UNOFFICIAL CM10 RELEASE BROUGHT TO YOU BY FreeXperia Team

PLEASE DONT MIRROR OUR ROMS

DOWNLOAD
    http://unrestrict.li/FXP
    after your requests we will start working on cm10.1 (android 4.2)
    this release will be UNOFFICIAL
    and you can decide yourself how good is user experience
    please don't post any bugs on bugtracker related to 10.1
    there is no ETA so don't spam

br
    J
    FreeXperiaTeam
    FXP135 released

please stop spamming threads and wiki
    there is no ETA and will be NONE

you can start posting bugs on bugtraker now
    FXP138 released