[Q] Can't Click Install Button While Installing Downloaded APK App

Search This thread

cypherlwind

Jan 15, 2012
Penang
Hi XDA,

Tried installing downloaded APK App on my phone but the INSTALL BUTTON won't work, cannot be clicked, the CANCEL BUTTON is fine. I had tried several App APK but they are all the same. My is not rooted. JB 4.1.2 Please help ... :crying:

Last edited:
Reactions: thahim and adamete

alipstadt

Feb 20, 2009
I wish saw this a few months ago

It happens if you are using some screen adjusting app like Screen Adjuster. You will have to turn it off to make the install option activate.

Yup, I have a Note 2 - the OLED screen can be problematic for my artwork without toning down the red. I imagine I'm not the only artist to use a Note as a quick and dirty, extemporaneous and backup portfolio.

Sure enough "Screen Adjuster" which allows RGB color balancing also makes the Install button unclickable when directly installing APKs. Drove me nuts - always found a temporary solution - rebooting, stopping Play Services, clearing caches for Services and the Play app (plus Aptiode, etc.) but these were hit and miss. Turned it off and it worked without any other hoops to jump through.

Glad I came across this - I don't usually install APKs at this point as my Note 2's apps/uses are pretty stable at this point, but for those days when you have 15 Xposed Framework APKs to install... and. clicking! stabbing! the damn! install button. does. nothing. ...yeeesh.

Figured this out from an Phandroid thread that listed similar apps:

Easyeyez Screen Filter
Twilight Filter

...and other screen dimming filter apps. The post is long because it's been a hassle for a long time... and hopefully to make it a bit easier for someone to find, including the above apps.

God that was annoying. Now to fix my memleak/lag issues.

Last edited:

sehradinesh

May 26, 2009
Bangalore
Wow unimaginable

This is unimaginable. :confused: Who could think something like a display app (Twilight for me) could create such a condition. :confused:
I checked and checked my security settings to confirm I have set the option "to install from unkown sources". I also tried various developer options, but all futile! Also tried rebooting the phone! Nothing worked :crying: until I hit this post! :laugh:
Lots and lots of thanks to this post. I can now turn of the Twilight app and install other apps.

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

Last edited:
Reactions: jihaddd

organick87

Jun 12, 2014

@fernandovg did you ever find a solution or alternative app for this? if it wasn't for your post about this, i'd still be scouring the internet for answers to button functionality being broken. Also, did you experience any apps that you allowed to rotate not rotating? ie - i set chrome, youtube, reddit, any other app i may view video in to enable rotation so i can have full screen, but that function was broken too :( the app worked 100% for the first while i had it installed then just crapped out on me for some reason. I messaged the creator of the app for a response so i'll see where that takes me. did you notice malfunction around the time of flashing any roms with stagefright patches by chance? it's the only thing i can think of that was out of the ordinary that i did around the time i notice malfunction. thanks for your input.

osi_cssr

Oct 21, 2015
wave unlock

i had the same issue, stopped Wave Unlock - app using sensor to wake up my phone (screen on). it worked

Hi,

My friend also faced the same problem, and then he asked me if I could help him fix this.
Then I made some research, and finally I was able to find a solution to this problem.

Solution:

1. If you use any application "Screen Filter" , please disable the screen filter.
2. Then you try to install the application, then re-enable your screen filter. (It is up to you whether you want to re-enable or not, if enabled you should turn off your screen filter if you want to install an apk.

Press Thanks if I helped.

Reactions: itsAril

itsAril

Feb 17, 2015
Hi,

My friend also faced the same problem, and then he asked me if I could help him fix this.
Then I made some research, and finally I was able to find a solution to this problem.

Solution:

1. If you use any application "Screen Filter" , please disable the screen filter.
2. Then you try to install the application, then re-enable your screen filter. (It is up to you whether you want to re-enable or not, if enabled you should turn off your screen filter if you want to install an apk.

Thanks it work. [emoji106]

Sent from my HM NOTE 1LTE using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It happens if you are using some screen adjusting app like Screen Adjuster. You will have to turn it off to make the install option activate.
    Hi XDA,

Tried installing downloaded APK App on my phone but the INSTALL BUTTON won't work, cannot be clicked, the CANCEL BUTTON is fine. I had tried several App APK but they are all the same. My is not rooted. JB 4.1.2 Please help ... :crying:
    Echo Lock Screen was the culprit for me.
    Wow unimaginable

This is unimaginable. :confused: Who could think something like a display app (Twilight for me) could create such a condition. :confused:
    I checked and checked my security settings to confirm I have set the option "to install from unkown sources". I also tried various developer options, but all futile! Also tried rebooting the phone! Nothing worked :crying: until I hit this post! :laugh:
    Lots and lots of thanks to this post. I can now turn of the Twilight app and install other apps.

:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:
    Hi,

Solution: