[ROM][2/3] Stock Rooted LS980ZVA [ODEX/DEODEX]

Search This thread

mrrogers1

Jun 30, 2007
NEEEEBRASKA
Sense is super bloated and doesn't do anything special. I had 2 HTC and sense hogs space and lags

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

While it's off topic, I have to say, M8 and Sense 6 is smooth as butter and has a smaller foot print than LG Optimus rom. Our lean d3rpG2 rom was 1.2g our optimized d3rpG2 rom is 900mb and a lightly debloated M8 Sense6 is at 1.3g.

Now, would I trade my G2 for M8? NOPE! (and I and using one for the next week) The G2 may not have a huge group of Devs but the device is BEAST. The M8's AMAZABALLS sound and premium build doesn't make up for the small battery and King Kong bezels and camera software trickery. [emoji12]

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

barleysoda

Jul 1, 2010
NorCal
Last edited:
Reactions: mrrogers1

abhinav.tella

Jan 8, 2011
Minneapolis
I am ready for any backlash I may get, but I have to say it the LG G2 sucks! This is BS with the radio kernel crap! This is a flagship device really? 5" screen good hardware comes with 4.2.2. I have tot'ed 4.4.2 and I am not impressed at all. The best rooted 4.2.2 rom other than stock is OpTimuS. I don't think I will ever get another LG device. I should have saved my money and gotten the Nexus 5 32gb off google play. I am very disappointed. I know the devs are doing there best, but I never has to wait this long with the HTC devices I have owned. I really don't think LG version of KitKat is all that special.

You may be mistaking Sprint's horrible network for the phone because even my family's iPhones had problems dropping calls and missing calls and messages. We complained an they gave us and Airave and now we have no problems.

The grass is always greener on the other side, Ive owned an HTC Butterfly (International version of DNA with SD card) it had very little dev support. It was a good phone either way but just saying. I dont have any problems with the G2 stock Kitkat infact im getting 7-8hrs screen time, so it may be something else for you.
I love HTC but their firmware region locking is the worst, and having to wait for RUUs. If your custom rom crashed and you have a corrupted system youre screwed till you get an RUU which takes months to relase sometimes. Phones like the HTC ONE International like I owned didnt even get S-OFF. I had to S-OFF my Butterfly and flash Taiwan firmware just go get timely updates as Taiwan version got 4.2.2 3-4 months before India. Lets not forget they decieved South Asia buyers by putting Snapdragon S3 in the One S instead of Snapdragon S4.

As for Sony Z1, it had many problems including a bricking problem and dismal software optimiztion leading to bad battery life. The iPhone which uses a Sony Exmor sensor took better photos in early reviews showing how badly Sony optimizes stuff. In my medical school in the pre Android era of 2007 a lot of my friends had Sony phones and not one went without problems within a year, now all of them have HTCs or Samsungs lol.

Each company has their own flaws lol, but if you do switch phones I certainly hope you enjoy your next one.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HeckNoTechnO

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Well your disrespectful comments were. We spent countless hours on our rom. We didnt just take the stock rom and add every bogus script/tweak on the internet, adjust things to ridiculous amounts clearly not knowing what they do, and speed up animations. And if you check the lg g2 section theres about 7 aosp roms on top of ours and L's. If thats not enough, pull the system/download source and make your own. And you clearly dont know much if youre making posts like you did or you would understand already everything i just said.

HeckNoTechnO

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com
Well your disrespectful comments were. We spent countless hours on our rom. We didnt just take the stock rom and add every bogus script/tweak on the internet, adjust things to ridiculous amounts clearly not knowing what they do, and speed up animations. And if you check the lg g2 section theres about 7 aosp roms on top of ours and L's. If thats not enough, pull the system/download source and make your own. And you clearly dont know much if youre making posts like you did or you would understand already everything i just said.

Sorry if I offend you or any of the devs here. My problem is not with any devs or the hours they spend making great roms. What I am trying to say is that I am not impressed with the kitkat release the "LG" put out. I am upset that they locked out great devs like your self being able to release a stock rooted rom.

if you read my last 2 comments I don't believe I have been rude or disrespectful to any of the great devs here. I am upset at LG! They have great hardware but in my opinion the software is lacking.

Again I meant no disrespect ot any of the devs here, and I am thankful for each and everyone of them. I hope everyone has a good Friday!! :)

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Sorry if I offend you or any of the devs here. My problem is not with any devs or the hours they spend making great roms. What I am trying to say is that I am not impressed with the kitkat release the "LG" put out. I am upset that they locked out great devs like your self being able to release a stock rooted rom.

if you read my last 2 comments I don't believe I have been rude or disrespectful to any of the great devs here. I am upset at LG! They have great hardware but in my opinion the software is lacking.

Again I meant no disrespect ot any of the devs here, and I am thankful for each and everyone of them. I hope everyone has a good Friday!! :)

My comment was to mikebeam. I thought i quoted him.

Koopa777

May 18, 2012

He has since deleted his posts, but I still had to comment. Your entire post is countering an argument that he never made. Nowhere does he take a shot at your ROM, nor does he complain about the lack of ROMs. For what it's worth, the argument he did make I agree with 100%. The issue lies with LG's anti-tampering strategies with the device. Any AOSP-based ROM is completely unstable, and for people like him and I that bought the device with the intention of running AOSP, that's a bit of a problem.

We are all grateful to the devs for what they've done. You included. Hell I've used d3rp ROM on and off since the day it was launched in January. But your defensive stance is unnecessary, and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. What we are complaining about has nothing to do with devs, literally nothing at all. Hell, without all the devs here, I'd have dropped this device long ago. There is no need to defend yourself. The dedication you've put into your work can stand on it's own, and if someone doesn't like it, then they can go **** off. ;) This goes for all development work, really.

Reactions: HeckNoTechnO

HeckNoTechnO

Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com
He has since deleted his posts, but I still had to comment. Your entire post is countering an argument that he never made. Nowhere does he take a shot at your ROM, nor does he complain about the lack of ROMs. For what it's worth, the argument he did make I agree with 100%. The issue lies with LG's anti-tampering strategies with the device. Any AOSP-based ROM is completely unstable, and for people like him and I that bought the device with the intention of running AOSP, that's a bit of a problem.

We are all grateful to the devs for what they've done. You included. Hell I've used d3rp ROM on and off since the day it was launched in January. But your defensive stance is unnecessary, and completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. What we are complaining about has nothing to do with devs, literally nothing at all. Hell, without all the devs here, I'd have dropped this device long ago. There is no need to defend yourself. The dedication you've put into your work can stand on it's own, and if someone doesn't like it, then they can go **** off. ;) This goes for all development work, really.

Thanks man That was me and I changed all my comments because I didn't intend on offending any of the devs here. I appreciate your comments and you are correct I was not taking a shot and any dev or any rom. My frustration was all directed at LG. Any how thanks for seeing exactly what I was saying.

I change my user name also, I know I picked a stupid one but hey I wanted a change. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Peace out!

youdug

May 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro

@Koopa777 your post is unnecessary and irrelevent. i didnt say anything to you.
he made the comment about there being only one good rom, which he couldve kept to himself.
what he said was a slap in the face to everyone taking time out of their life to build something for this device and support their users.
if youre mad at lg dont go crapping on others uncompensated work and time. send lg an email.

Reactions: solver404

HeckNoTechnO

Dec 10, 2008
Temple
www.n6xshamu.com
@Koopa777 your post is unnecessary and irrelevent. i didnt say anything to you.
he made the comment about there being only one good rom, which he couldve kept to himself.
what he said was a slap in the face to everyone taking time out of their life to build something for this device and support their users.
if youre mad at lg dont go crapping on others uncompensated work and time. send lg an email.

I never said that there was only one good rom! I have always supported the devs here with my time and money. I stated my opinion which was not derogatory towards you or any other devs!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please read Post #2 of this thread for more information about the ZVA/ZV8 radios.

Rooted.
    Busybox.
    Zipaligned.
    Odex/Deodex.
    Stock LS980ZVA.

Download ROM:

StockZVA-Odex
    MD5: 176ff9c086ebf1c61bf317941fc80625
    Size: 1.7 GB

StockZVA-Deodex
    MD5: 79e3e9bb4ad4016c2f73eeb59255d57d
    Size: 1.7 GB

ZVA_zpsa95cb959.png
    RADIO INFORMATION:
    To upgrade to ZVA radio and use Spark:
    1. *Flash this TWRP with Flashify from the Play Store.(See below.)
    2. **Flash this ROM, reboot and make sure the ROM boots up. (See below.)
    3. Reboot to recovery and flash the ZVA radio. If it flashed without error then you can reboot to the ROM.

*You only need to do this if you do not have the loki'd version of TWRP 2.6.3.3. If you are unsure, follow that step.
    **If you are already running the ROM you can skip this step.

More Information:
    You DO NOT have to downgrade to the ZV8 radio now to run AOSP based ROMs. To run an AOSP based ROM with the ZVA radio you MUST flash Savoca's or dr87's kernel immediately after you flash the AOSP ROM.

Big thanks to @[B]Savoca[/B] @[B]autoprime[/B] @[B]garwynn[/B] @[B]Shelnutt2[/B] @[B]Dougie2187[/B] for all of their work, links, and infomation with this update.
    Waiting for ZVC Stock Rooted.

its already been 37 hours.
    lazy ass devs.
    ****... i am truly sorry guys.
    i uploaded the file without putting in the updater script that flashes the zv7 aboot after the radio.
    i feel horrible.
    i am fixing everything right now and will test it myself before posting it.
    i didnt test the last one because im not in a spark area.
    i promise i will test this myself this time.
    hope you guys forgive me. it wont happen again.
    Why do some roms run smoother one way over the other? I would answer your question but I suggest you use Google to get your answer instead of asking on a message board that was created for the purpose of helping out others.

---------- Post added at 02:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Let me rephrase this so the slower individuals can comprehend... Does this rom appear to run better one way over the other or does it really not matter?

This site was NOT created to help noob questions. Is called xda "developers". It was a few talented devs who wanted to share with each other. Just fyi. It's changed a lot since then, and now there's a "help" section for each device, where silly questions live. It's up to each OP what they allow in their thread, and many will not tolerate non development questions. This thread (and our team) has always been the helping type. But don't think that will be site wide. Carry on.