[Q] Hide apps in drawer is removed after updating to 4.4.2 (KitKat)

Search This thread

kabalah89

Feb 26, 2009
Denmark, Århus
I really love the TouchWiz launcher. But i miss to hide my apps in drawer. Is there a way to get 4.3 launcher to 4.4.2, or a mod that can fix it for me?

I've tried the 4.3 launcher with 4.4.2 but it gives FC :(

deandoi

Feb 22, 2014
yep. that was what I first noticed with the update. try putting them into folders.

cheers ~ :D

Jarmezrocks

Mar 25, 2011
Gold Coast
tinyurl.com
This really isn't good enough! WTF is Samsung thinking? There should be no reason for removing this functionality? It seems to also be something built within the firmware; it is not launcher related in otherwords, I found this out because when I was running Android 4.3 I had flashed an update to run the S5 launcher and icons theme. When I did this I was still able to hit the menu button and select apps that I wanted to hide. Since upgrading to Kitkat I noticed as you did that I was no longer able to do this, that was ok I just thought to myself "No problem I will just flash the launcher upgrade and theme for S5 on my S3 as I did before and that should allow me to unlock this functionality" NOT CAN DO! Both the stock Kitkat launcher and the S5 theme upgrade do not unlock this functionality unfortunately :( Someone is going to have to find out where the issue lies and try to port it back? If I find the answer I will make sure I post back here with a fix.

Jarmez

DeepankarS

Oct 2, 2012
Noida
I really love the TouchWiz launcher. But i miss to hide my apps in drawer. Is there a way to get 4.3 launcher to 4.4.2, or a mod that can fix it for me?

I've tried the 4.3 launcher with 4.4.2 but it gives FC :(

Download the s5 launcher from one of our threads. Flash it. And you have the hidr feature again.

Or just install a 3rd part touchwiz launcher themed app..you have that function :)

Mi launcher..nova..apex..go...any if these launchers do provide this function :)

Press Thanks if I helped :)
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.