AOSP 4.4.2 for the ZTE Open C

Search This thread

hecatae

Jul 7, 2010
Last edited:
Reactions: duttyend

rootednodedev

Dec 20, 2011
When attempting to flash these zips from recovery I am getting signature verifification failed. I have verified the files are intact but still am unable to flash these.

WHITE-CZ

Nov 25, 2009
Kyjov

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
What process did you use to root?

The method I used is very complex, I had to make my own method, requires unpacking boot.img setting kernel to unsecure, repacking, booting from packed boot.img using adb to mount /system as rw and pushing su, and setting permissions.

I am sure someone else has an easier method, to be able to flash boot.img or recovery.img you would need to unlock bootloader first, as I said the process is complex.

I built my own recovery, so the process is easier than what I went through first time, I am currently deodexing the rom, and going to flash it through my recovery to see how it acts.

This thread links to a how to unlock the bootloader, that's really the first step.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2759931

onderkaan

Nov 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Hi, i use maxiplus 5 and this phone is smilar a21 plus. i set up frefox os v1.3 and 2.0. Now i think, can i set up aosp kit kat rom my device?

Emektar, ilk göz ağrim Maxiplus 5 & a21 Plus cihazimdan Tepetaklak olarak gönderildi...

onderkaan

Nov 17, 2013
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Boot.img is correct i know. 3 recovery because first recovery is original, others are using custom flashable rom

Emektar, ilk göz ağrim Maxiplus 5 & a21 Plus cihazimdan Tepetaklak olarak gönderildi...

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
Boot.img is correct i know. 3 recovery because first recovery is original, others are using custom flashable rom

Noone has custom rom but me, others are using stock rom, my rom is deodexed, rooted can be instsalled through modified stock recovery.

I was able to do this via fastboot, you also need to fastboot your bootimg to get root from there you might be able to install kitkat, don't know as your phone is different.

Anyway good luck to you.

Top Liked Posts