Can't Unlock my S4 MDL AT&T i337 in 4.4.2 please

Search This thread

TheMechanics

Apr 12, 2014
Hi everybody here, well, i purchase my S4 AT&T model i337, "the baseband finish in MDL" from a seller in ebay, the phone is locked, and comes with cyanogenmod 4.4.2 kitkat, i cannot access at the SERVICE MODE,

I have tried this method

*#27663368378#
*#0011#
*#197328640#* but nothing happens,

And the RegionLockAway does not work, it says "could not locate CSC data"

I dont know what to do, my phone is rooted... i read a lot of threads of information but nothing works for me...

i'm from Argentina, thanks everybody...

Please if someone knows how to unlock please comment in this thread!

Oncet

Nov 14, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Hi everybody here, well, i purchase my S4 AT&T model i337, "the baseband finish in MDL" from a seller in ebay, the phone is locked, and comes with cyanogenmod 4.4.2 kitkat, i cannot access at the SERVICE MODE,

I have tried this method

*#27663368378#
*#0011#

I dont know what to do, my phone is rooted... i read a lot of threads of information but nothing works for me...

I read in a forum here in XDA that you need to be on stock firmware in order to unlock your phone.

TheMechanics

Apr 12, 2014
That's if you're on the stock 4.4.2. You can Odin the MDL files and root and make sure to freeze the updater apps while you unlock, and then flash back to CM.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

thanks for answer, them i can flash the stock rom 4.2.2 from sammobile with odin? or i need to flash only the MDL files?

TheMechanics

Apr 12, 2014
That's if you're on the stock 4.4.2. You can Odin the MDL files and root and make sure to freeze the updater apps while you unlock, and then flash back to CM.

Sent from my SGH-I337 running Blackbox 3.0

Thanks a lot, the phone has a BACKUP of the Stock FW 4.2.2, well, i restore that BACKUP and my phone comes to the factory version, so i tried this method to unlock:

UMTS
In "UMTS MAIN MENU", select [1] DEBUG SCREEN
In "DEBUG SCREEN", select [6] PHONE CONTROL
In "PHONE CONTROL", select [6] NETWORK LOCK
In "NETWORK LOCK", select [3] PERSO SHA256 OFF
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
SHA256_OFF => SHA256_ON
Now touch the first line SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[1]
It should show:
MENU NOT EXIST
PRESS BACK KEY
Current Command is 116631
Now press the menu button and select "Back"
It should show:
SHA256_ENABLED_FLAG[0]
SHA256_OFF => Not Change
Again, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "NETWORK LOCK" screen
Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "PHONE CONTROL" screen
Press the menu button and select "Back", and you're in the "DEBUG SCREEN" screen
Finally, press the menu button and select "Back", and you're back in the "UMTS MAIN MENU" screen
Select [6] COMMON
In "COMMON" screen, select [6] NV REBUILD
Now you are in the "NV REBUILD" screen, you should see the following text:
------------------------------
Golden-Backup exist
You can Restore Cal/NV
------------------------------
Now for the final step.
In "NV REBUILD" screen, select [4] Restore Back-up
The button lights for menu and back should come on, and the phone will auto reboot in a few seconds.
Note: chavxxx's post of selecting "[1] Load default NV" DID NOT work for me.

Congratulations, your phone is now unlocked.
Stick in a sim card from a different carrier and try it out.

Please post followups of your experience with this unlock method.

Thanks, and good luck!

AND MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED THANKS EVERYBODY!!!! I ONLY NEED TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO FACTORY FIRMWARE AND UNLOCK!! :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

toxicpaulution

Oct 27, 2011
Lykens
Jesus. you don't want to flash the 4.4.2 Odin package if you're on mdl. Then you can't custom rom your phone. stay on a touchwiz rom and use the region lockaway App and it will unlock your phone. Worked for my mdl phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

nadirghazi

Nov 4, 2008
hi

Thanks a lot, the phone has a BACKUP of the Stock FW 4.2.2, well, i restore that BACKUP and my phone comes to the factory version, so i tried this method to unlock:

AND MY PHONE IS UNLOCKED THANKS EVERYBODY!!!! I ONLY NEED TO RESTORE MY PHONE TO FACTORY FIRMWARE AND UNLOCK!! :good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

hey my phone cant go to umts mode this code wont for to my i337 on 4.4.2 any solution?

Batsie

Apr 21, 2014
So what's the solution?

I have been reading so much about this that I dont even know where to begin ... I hope someone could do us noobs a favor and give us a step by step procedure of unlocking S4 on android version 4.4.2 ...

DeadlySin9

Sep 2, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I have been reading so much about this that I dont even know where to begin ... I hope someone could do us noobs a favor and give us a step by step procedure of unlocking S4 on android version 4.4.2 ...

In reply to you and @nadirghazi
If you want to unlock it on 4.4.2 then use the downgrade method, root, and use the "possible unlock for MK2" thread. The OP in this thread meant to put 4.2.2, which is what MDL is, so those instructions don't work.

Reactions: Batsie

NV_Mobile

Sep 13, 2009
Solutions Unlock I337 4.42 NB1

I have tried this method

*#27663368378#
*#0011#

I337 4.42 NB1 update OTA
1.downgrade Basebank MDL (wifi not working)
2.use SPT Box unlock---> done
3.use Odin flash Baseband NB1---->(wifi working)
4.Unlock done I337 4.42 NB1 successfull

YamiGG

Mar 26, 2014
Another noob here. Is there any way to keep all of your phone data and settings when you downgrade?

My Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) is on NC1, and I already downgraded once to root it (and re upgraded afterwards). It's quite troublesome to redownload all of my apps and change all of my settings again, so I'd like to know if it's avoidable.

Also if someone could link me to the baseband files, that would be great.

Last edited:

Olisykessuperman

Sep 3, 2015
I have the galaxy s4, locked with rogers, i have a bell sim and want to unlock.. how can i? Ive rooted previously then updated when i forgot and cant seem to unroot but i have no root features. Phone still says custom. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

In reply to you and @nadirghazi
    If you want to unlock it on 4.4.2 then use the downgrade method, root, and use the "possible unlock for MK2" thread. The OP in this thread meant to put 4.2.2, which is what MDL is, so those instructions don't work.