Strange haptic/vibration feedback

Search This thread

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
Couldn't find a thread about the ZU on this, but this issue puzzles me. I have a new ZU for two days now and can't really get over the seemingly bad haptic feedback implementation. Whenever I hit the same button a couple of times, or a couple of random ones fast, the intensity of the feedback dramatically increases. Coming from a Note 2 I never had this issue. All this results in an uneven experience when writing.
I read about other Sony's having this issue, wondering whether this is 'normal', because it surely doesn't feel like it.

CEROSERDNA

Apr 24, 2014
San Jose
Couldn't find a thread about the ZU on this, but this issue puzzles me. I have a new ZU for two days now and can't really get over the seemingly bad haptic feedback implementation. Whenever I hit the same button a couple of times, or a couple of random ones fast, the intensity of the feedback dramatically increases. Coming from a Note 2 I never had this issue. All this results in an uneven experience when writing.
I read about other Sony's having this issue, wondering whether this is 'normal', because it surely doesn't feel like it.

Ive had this problem too may I ask what firmware your running.* I was having this problem on .290 as well* have you upgraded your phone to the latest firmware? What is your device model?

Reactions: gideonMorrison

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
Ive had this problem too may I ask what firmware your running.* I was having this problem on .290 as well* have you upgraded your phone to the latest firmware? What is your device model?

I updated to the latest firmware, 4.4.2, build 14.3.A.0.757. Did you manage to fix it? I talked to LordM about it and he says it's inherent to Sony Z Ultra. Others report differently.

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
I updated to the latest firmware, 4.4.2, build 14.3.A.0.757. Did you manage to fix it? I talked to LordM about it and he says it's inherent to Sony Z Ultra. Others report differently.

I didn't say that(?), I said that I have the same thing with mine, and I haven't looked at it as something strange - until now. Isn't it normal? I can "fix" it by decreasing the vibration intensity from the keyboard settings, but is this a hardware issue? Software? I don't know, and I really don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit, but that's just me though.

I DO however remember when the Ultra got released, and people were complaining about the weak vibrator, but I, and some other people couldn't understand how people could say that, since the vibrator was and still is brutal as hell. Could it be that we simply have a better vibrator? Does the people with the weaker vibrator have a the "defect" vibrator? Who knows!

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
I didn't say that(?), I said that I have the same thing with mine, and I haven't looked at it as something strange - until now. Isn't it normal? I can "fix" it by decreasing the vibration intensity from the keyboard settings, but is this a hardware issue? Software? I don't know, and I really don't care. It doesn't bother me one bit, but that's just me though.

I DO however remember when the Ultra got released, and people were complaining about the weak vibrator, but I, and some other people couldn't understand how people could say that, since the vibrator was and still is brutal as hell. Could it be that we simply have a better vibrator? Does the people with the weaker vibrator have a the "defect" vibrator? Who knows!

Well, you stated "Hi, that's normal. It's just how the stock keyboard is made. You can adjust the vibration intensity in the keyboard settings". Inherent/normal... Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because some people find it weak/strong and others, like me, find it totally weird and different from Samsung. It does seem better now with the stock Google keyboard, will test further tomorrow.

Not sure about your last thoughts, but I do know that this must be the biggest 'vibrator' trololo

135977_565.jpg

LordManhattan

Oct 20, 2007
Kepler-34b
Well, you stated "Hi, that's normal. It's just how the stock keyboard is made. You can adjust the vibration intensity in the keyboard settings". Inherent/normal... Anyway, it doesn't really matter, because some people find it weak/strong and others, like me, find it totally weird and different from Samsung. It does seem better now with the stock Google keyboard, will test further tomorrow.

Not sure about your last thoughts, but I do know that this must be the biggest 'vibrator' trololo

It's not even close to being anything like Samsung or any other OEM. You've probably noticed by now that Sony does things... a little differently :p They do some really great things, but then they'll also do some super weird stuff that makes zero sense. Love it or hate it :cowboy:

I just have to comment that picture, and you asked for this one: Yo mama... :laugh: I'll stop there, hahah.

gideonMorrison

Sep 7, 2009
It's not even close to being anything like Samsung or any other OEM. You've probably noticed by now that Sony does things... a little differently :p They do some really great things, but then they'll also do some super weird stuff that makes zero sense. Love it or hate it :cowboy:

I just have to comment that picture, and you asked for this one: Yo mama... :laugh: I'll stop there, hahah.

You're absolutely right, Sony is a little 'different' indeed. The ZU is quite a beast, very different from the same lame old Sammy phones. I hope Sony keeps improving!

Well, I reckon I'll just have to leave this here then hahaha... ;)

THEY-FINISHED-IT_c_95952.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No one has tested their haptic feedback?

I had an issue like that on .290? but haven't used stock for ages so cant comment further