[Q] Nabi Tab Interface on the Gtablet

Search This thread

devilotx

Nov 30, 2010
So the Nabi Tablet (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12351154) is an underpowered device, but the kids mode interface interests me, as I've got a Gtablet just sitting here, I've downloaded the restore.exe file from the nabitablet website, extracted the apk and installed them on my image of gtabcombover, and all the apk's install fine, however, the kidzmode doesn't launch, it doesn't even give an error. The configuration program seems to work, you can set apps but you can't run the actual interface.

Anyone tested this out? any ideas on how I could test/work this out?

Thanks,

fosser2

Apr 14, 2011
Wisconsin
So the Nabi Tablet (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12351154) is an underpowered device, but the kids mode interface interests me, as I've got a Gtablet just sitting here, I've downloaded the restore.exe file from the nabitablet website, extracted the apk and installed them on my image of gtabcombover, and all the apk's install fine, however, the kidzmode doesn't launch, it doesn't even give an error. The configuration program seems to work, you can set apps but you can't run the actual interface.

Anyone tested this out? any ideas on how I could test/work this out?

Thanks,

Try changing your build.prop file and attempt to match the one that is in the nabitablet. Might work might not. Its worth a shot.

devilotx

Nov 30, 2010
Did that, no effect on HC, flashed back to Gingerbread, installed the apk's, nothing, edited the prop file, nothing.

Well, not quite nothing, I figured out that on launch, it seems to swap the walpaper, which leads me to believe it's doing "something" but something is also not being triggered, there is a OOBE (out of box experience) apk, but it only installs, it doesn't seem to have a way to launch, dunno if maybe that's the issue.

Shame... I tried the zoodles interface, it's crap. I just want a simple locked down interface for my 3 1/2 year old to use on my gtab.

Lucho3412

Dec 17, 2010
I too am really interested in the nabi UI. Do you still have the download apk? Looks like the link does not have the nabi anymore.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but I wanted to give this a try, but I see that Nabi's website has no Restore.exe or firmware and have gone to OTA upates. Might anyone have this file? I assume the FW was included in there somewhere?