[DEV] Kernel Editing/HTC PUCCINI ROM DEVELOPMENT

Search This thread

brunsbanjo

Aug 22, 2010
Hesse
which compiler do you use?
there's a bug in the latest codesourcery bare-metal compiler causes that tegras wont boot. use an older one 2010/04 or 2010/03

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
neon is a bit of a annoyance but since near enough all honeycomb builds are similar we should just be able to swap and change most libraries and binaries to get them working- the android apks themselves are not an issue as their run on top of dalvik so will be cross platform

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
neon is a bit of a annoyance but since near enough all honeycomb builds are similar we should just be able to swap and change most libraries and binaries to get them working- the android apks themselves are not an issue as their run on top of dalvik so will be cross platform

HTC has no Tegra2 based HC tablet, so without the proper HTC libraries we are f*cked. Also all of their ARMv7 phones has NEON.

fonix232

Jun 20, 2009
London
Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
There are, they modified a lot of "generic" HC libraries. You can try, but it has more chance you'll fail than that you will succeed, sadly. Also I hope you can do it, and prove me wrong!

DJ_Steve

Apr 10, 2007
sunderland
www.dmpwap.net
well i can get logcat running at least now, just gradully modding the htc framework to have all the required methods for the libs im using (using a galaxy tab 10.1 base rom that i modded for toshiba thrive but only using its libs and binaries now.

KyleK29

Oct 15, 2006
Didn't see this posted (searched to no avail). Has anyone uploaded the wallpapers from this yet? I would love to have them.

KennyCap

Jun 8, 2011
Broketown MA
Theyre out there just search for Sense wallpapers. I downloaded them last time I was chckn this thread. Glad to see someone else taking a shot. I love sense. I'm rockin 3.5 runny on my Evo. Sorry I cant post the link but it should be easy to find

S

sportsstar89

Well I guess you could just make your own libraries and kernal it would be very difficult but we have alot of that going on in the hd2 section everything is hand made. Well whoever want to attempt this daunting task I applaud you because I really want to see this happen :)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

romified

Jul 11, 2011
I am currently taking on the task of trying to get Sense in some shape or form onto the Transformer. I know trying to port the entire ROM is a brick wall at this point, so my efforts are to chisel away at it and try to move pieces over and merge into the existing framework and setup. I have made some progress but it takes time, especially since I am new to the Transformer and learning it's setup and structure. I have experience with Sense and it's structure and have done some Sense porting, but it has been more of porting Sense 3.5 to devices that only had Sense 2.1, etc. A much different ball game here, but I like Sense and from the screenshots I've seen of the Puccini/Jetstream it looks like it would be a nice setup for our transformer.
If I ever get to where I think I am making good progress (ie: Rosie launcher working or widgets ported) I will start a thread with my progress.
Just an FYI in case some folks were still in hope of getting Sense ported over.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE, LOOKS LIKE IT'S GOING TO BE (ALMOST) IMPOSSIBLE TO PORT ENTIRE ROM, LOOKING INTO BITS AND PIECES THAT CAN BE PULLED.
    here's the leak, for those who want it: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1240772

My progress. My kernel won't boot. I changed the bootclasspath and added some things to the init.rc, but it won't work, rebooting BEFORE THE CAMERA CLICK. If i flash clemsyn 3.1 v18 on top, the camera clicks, but it still reboots.

No logcat.

Anyone have any ideas? obviously it's not just the kernel, but the rom. I deleted stuff from the rom to fit onto the transformer, and hopefully I didn't mess it up. But i'm good at cramming **** onto the G1 and generally know what to use.

My kernel is based on prime 1.6. This is a 3.1 rom. I edited the bootclasspath and changed default.prop according to the puccini boot.img. both extracted perfectly, and my new kernel packaged up all nice. It, however, does not boot.

Any ideas are welcome. There wasn't a bootloader update in 3.2 or something that would prevent booting a 3.1 rom? food for thought.

If anyone wants me to upload my work so far, let me know.

Thanks for your input,
    jcarrz1

p.s. the only part I wasn't sure about was the mkbootimg options, based on what RaYmaN said in another thread, http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1121379 I followed his advice to omit cmdline option. I think that's the correct way, anyone else interpret differently?

Rayman's tools were the heart of this effort, thanks a bunch. Also to Roach2010 for a solid 3.1 base.

Jcarrz1

Teaser
    2us7qd4.jpg

2d8qpzp.jpg

2rc5ph5.jpg

Thank me for my efforts :)
    I am currently taking on the task of trying to get Sense in some shape or form onto the Transformer. I know trying to port the entire ROM is a brick wall at this point, so my efforts are to chisel away at it and try to move pieces over and merge into the existing framework and setup. I have made some progress but it takes time, especially since I am new to the Transformer and learning it's setup and structure. I have experience with Sense and it's structure and have done some Sense porting, but it has been more of porting Sense 3.5 to devices that only had Sense 2.1, etc. A much different ball game here, but I like Sense and from the screenshots I've seen of the Puccini/Jetstream it looks like it would be a nice setup for our transformer.
    If I ever get to where I think I am making good progress (ie: Rosie launcher working or widgets ported) I will start a thread with my progress.
    Just an FYI in case some folks were still in hope of getting Sense ported over.
    Thanks everybody for your advice. I stupidly assumed that "oh look it's a 1280x800 honeycomb tablet" lets port the software.

However, my kernel question persists; what did I do wrong? is it right to use mkbootimg in the way I did?

Thanks everyone.

Yes it's the correct way.
    For recompile the stock kernel refer to this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1197147

for creating the boot image :http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1193737

Good luck!
    Thanks everybody for your advice. I stupidly assumed that "oh look it's a 1280x800 honeycomb tablet" lets port the software.

However, my kernel question persists; what did I do wrong? is it right to use mkbootimg in the way I did?

Thanks everyone.