One click root for Moto phones running Android 2.3.4

Search This thread

zeropants

Jan 16, 2007
Bloomington, IL
you shld unlock the bootloader and root its rly easy gl

I've been stuck with no OS detected in RSD three times and had to reload the stock rom again. This is my 4th Android phone and I've never had unlock and root not work on my first attempt. I don't recall what the unlocked bootloader is needed for. I'll probably give it another shot tonight. I was think of doing the 1-click to root and then go back and work through unlocking the bootloader.

leo880816

Feb 26, 2009
it works on Mac also, look down below the website~

---------- Post added at 01:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 AM ----------

Can I unlock my bootloader after using this to root?
Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

No, unlock boot loader is not the same as root~
root is getting the Superuser in the Android System.
boot loader is something like computer BIOS.

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Any way to way this work on a Mac? I tried my wife's PC yesterday but couldn't get it to work on it for some reason :(

it works on Mac also, look down below the website at #3~
just finish root on my Atrix by Mac~

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:17 AM ----------

Do we need to worry about the international/AT&T build? Can anyone confirm if it works for Bell? Thank you.

It works also on Bell Atrix, I just finish root on mine~
so... just go ahead~

xalasten

Nov 30, 2008
Just used this "oneclick" root and ...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the noob panic here. I have the bell atrix, 2.3.4 and I used the one click root method. The phone seems to be rooted fine ( titanium backup installed and seems to be working fine ) but I have one concern. When I reboot the phone just as the lock screen shows up I get what i can only describe as an alarm sound. I dont remeber the atrix doing that before the root.

I was going to use the "unroot" option in the tool but wanted to check here first is this is normal and I am just worrying about nothing.

Thanks again!
Xalasten

Last edited:

Fountainhead931

Mar 4, 2011
Orlando FL
Well it seems to have worked well. Titanium and SU app are agreeing with it.
Haven't noticed anything awry.
2.3.4 also. Not rooted since first build of retail code.

Last edited:

craZhorse

Jan 20, 2011
Am I rooted?

Ok, I went through the one click root process and at the end a message said I was rooted but the "su" did not work(or something like that) and it said to un-root and try again. When I hit the un-root key a warning came up and said this process could damage the phone in some way so I did not un-root...So am I rooted or not? How can I tell if I am indeed rooted, and if I am then should I do the un-root thing and then re-root again. Jesus I am old and confused:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    windowsoneclick.png

This method works on Motorola phones running Android OS 2.3.4 or earlier
    works on atrix too. confirmed.

http://www.psouza4.com/Bionic/

from the replies, this method does not work on:
    Hong Kong/Taiwan model (ME860)
    Bell 2.3.6

this other method claims to work on 2.3.6 and ME860
    http://www.unlockroot.com/index.htm
    Verified it works on an Atrix about 20 minutes ago.
    Worked like a charm in my atrix at&t 2.3.4!
    work!

thanks for the link picked up an Atrix yesterday and this worked like a charm....thanks again.
    Just rooted

This worked like a charm on my Atrix MB860(build 4.5.91 on Android 2.3.4). I used the Linux version of the script(on OpenSuSE 11.3). When it told me to set the phone into "charger only" I had to set the phone into "Motorola Phone Portal".