Samsung Refuse to admit Note 2 N7102 does NOT work in North America

Search This thread

Subygc1

Feb 11, 2013
I will share my story briefly.... I bought n7102 because i misunderstood that this pone can use in my country but infact it can't... i just insert the sim card twice and never use it at all.. When i try to search more info about this phone, I found that many people have same problems as mine. So i decided to claim my money back (I bought from dept. in beijing) i let my friend bring this phone to that shop and ask for the refund and they refuse to claim it because you bought it for 8 days and the phone is still ok!!! No problem at all. One week later which is today i fly to beijing by myself to solve this problem.. When I go the shop, I said I really have proble about using my phone in my country which is cannot operate 850mhz and I need full amount of refund. As I thought they refused it and they suggest me to go to samsung branch. When i arrived samsung branch I told them the story but they can understand just a little bit and gave me some document to refund money from dept. When i go back to dept. seller called to their manager and refuse to claim money for me because i bought it more than 7 days!!!!!!!!! And offer me to change new phone or iphone5 but..... I just want my money back.

I told my story more than 10 times today (cause everytime they will call to china unicom and let me tell the story at the beginiing but no one can help me just to tell me how to use your phone!!!!)
I spent more than 8 hrs. To get nothing and now i got only one document which is useless and they kept my phone at samsung branch already. they forced me to change the new phone within today and they said that's all they can do!!! (but i refuse)
When i said i got info from the internet that samsung accept his fault advertising they said they don't beleive info from internet at all

Sorry for my confusing language... I just back to the hotel and i have to fly back to my country tomorrow early morning.
Can anyone suggest what shall i do next.

kms108

Sep 16, 2007
I will share my story briefly.... I bought n7102 because i misunderstood that this pone can use in my country but infact it can't... i just insert the sim card twice and never use it at all.. When i try to search more info about this phone, I found that many people have same problems as mine. So i decided to claim my money back (I bought from dept. in beijing) i let my friend bring this phone to that shop and ask for the refund and they refuse to claim it because you bought it for 8 days and the phone is still ok!!! No problem at all. One week later which is today i fly to beijing by myself to solve this problem.. When I go the shop, I said I really have proble about using my phone in my country which is cannot operate 850mhz and I need full amount of refund. As I thought they refused it and they suggest me to go to samsung branch. When i arrived samsung branch I told them the story but they can understand just a little bit and gave me some document to refund money from dept. When i go back to dept. seller called to their manager and refuse to claim money for me because i bought it more than 7 days!!!!!!!!! And offer me to change new phone or iphone5 but..... I just want my money back.

I told my story more than 10 times today (cause everytime they will call to china unicom and let me tell the story at the beginiing but no one can help me just to tell me how to use your phone!!!!)
I spent more than 8 hrs. To get nothing and now i got only one document which is useless and they kept my phone at samsung branch already. they forced me to change the new phone within today and they said that's all they can do!!! (but i refuse)
When i said i got info from the internet that samsung accept his fault advertising they said they don't beleive info from internet at all

Sorry for my confusing language... I just back to the hotel and i have to fly back to my country tomorrow early morning.

There isn't anything you can do, unless samsung issues a official statement to authorised dealers regarding a refund, and that doesn't even stop them from refusal of a refund, as most shops will only accepts goods which is bought through the official channel as official goods, and claims are always refunded to first party buyers and with a official receipt, so most online buyers will have problems.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012

Only one suggestion that may not help but it worth me saying.
If you paid for the phone using credit card or Debit card ETC you can claim through your bank as a transaction where you did not receive the 850 band product you purchased.
Tell the shop you will claim back through your bank & they might change their mind.

(If its says 850 band & does not work on 850 band then it is an incorrectly described product & you can chargeback).

Last edited:

andyhkng

Feb 13, 2013
There isn't anything you can do, unless samsung issues a official statement to authorised dealers regarding a refund, and that doesn't even stop them from refusal of a refund, as most shops will only accepts goods which is bought through the official channel as official goods, and claims are always refunded to first party buyers and with a official receipt, so most online buyers will have problems.

I knew it couldn't be so simple. I almost think you would have to ship it directly to Samsung to have it refunded. It is not the reseller's fault that the phone does not work. It is the manufacturer.

Pat.

Oct 9, 2012
I knew it couldn't be so simple. I almost think you would have to ship it directly to Samsung to have it refunded. It is not the reseller's fault that the phone does not work. It is the manufacturer.

Actually is is the retailer who has sold a product that is misdescribed & they are responsible for that as its them who took the money for it. They then pass the phone back to Samsung & get compensated. That's how retailing works.

yanyu

Things will be much much easier if you join our QQ group if you just want a refund.

There are more than 200 people in the group in the same situation as you.

what we are fighting now is not just a simple refund. After all the problem and hassles Samsung bring to us, the they need to double refund.

Also, we do need Samsung's official apology.

We already have huge success in China now, and we need people here united too.

Subygc1

Feb 11, 2013
Things will be much much easier if you join our QQ group if you just want a refund.

There are more than 200 people in the group in the same situation as you.

what we are fighting now is not just a simple refund. After all the problem and hassles Samsung bring to us, the they need to double refund.

Also, we do need Samsung's official apology.

We already have huge success in China now, and we need people here united too.
Could you pls tell me how, i have no idea about QQ ... :crying:

hendrickchan

Jun 23, 2009
@yanyu If you don't mind, who are your people meeting? Like, what is their position at Samsung? Thanks for all the effort!

hendrickchan

Jun 23, 2009
My two cents, if by now they don't know if they can fix the phone or not, it doesn't seem too promising. Giving extended deadlines on an answer or reply is simply buying time. But here's hoping for the best. :)

andyhkng

Feb 13, 2013
I can't tell who they are.

but they are from a high level of management team of Samsung China

They promise they can give us a apology and definite answer if the phone can be fix by Tuesday.

Since Mar 15th is approaching, we still have to prepare to take Samsung to the court.

Thanks for the hard work. I do not want to have a refund. I want the phone to work, it is such a nice phone.

TellTheTruth

Mar 3, 2013
Wow Samsung edited their web page again... Now they state SIM2 only works with GSM900/1800Mhz. I think this is totally unacceptable of Samsung editing the web page without and apology, leaving us with an expensive paperweight.

tee1

Jan 19, 2013
Los Angeles
I can't tell who they are.

but they are from a high level of management team of Samsung China

They promise they can give us a apology and definite answer if the phone can be fix by Tuesday.

Since Mar 15th is approaching, we still have to prepare to take Samsung to the court.

What a joke I think we got our answer from Samsung. Ask them how about the people that bought
the phone through the internet will they get a full refund? Sue the hell out of them.

Another change on there website.

Network
WCDMA 900MHz / 2,100 MHz
GSM 850MHz/900MHz/1, 800MHz / 1,900 MHz
(Note) card slot support frequency: GSM 850/900/1, 800/1, 900MHz
WCDMA 900/2, 100MHz
Card slot 2 support Frequency: GSM900 / 1,800 MHz

andyhkng

Feb 13, 2013
What a joke I think we got our answer from Samsung. Ask them how about the people that bought
the phone through the internet will they get a full refund? Sue the hell out of them.

Another change on there website.

Network
WCDMA 900MHz / 2,100 MHz
GSM 850MHz/900MHz/1, 800MHz / 1,900 MHz
(Note) card slot support frequency: GSM 850/900/1, 800/1, 900MHz
WCDMA 900/2, 100MHz
Card slot 2 support Frequency: GSM900 / 1,800 MHz

yes. It does not look good. Go thru the media. hopefully that will force them from the complacency.

If this happened in Europe or North America, do u think they would even dare to pull this stunt? This shows some evidence that samsung just doesnt respect the chinese market.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mar 2nd Update

Sorry I didn't keep this post update regularly.

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue.

We are trying in every possible way to push Samsung, and force them to face us.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement on this issue, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

At the same time, Samsung is trying to stop us.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
    They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

Here's two things that you can do if you want to help us:

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)
    download the docment below, sign, and send to our email 631265979@qq.com

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
    March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
    I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.
    Re: Dual Sim Dual Stand By N7102 to work in North America with GSM + 3G

I am visiting family in China for Chinese new year.
    We called the samsung support line today to complain about the lack of 850Mhz WCDMA support.
    After 20 minutes discussion in which they tried every excuse why it is my fault, or the sim card is faulty, etc they finally agreed to escalate the problem.
    I have been promised a return call within 24 hours.
    Will cross fingers.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using XDA Premium HD app
    @andyhkng try +864008105858.

Guys, take a look at this link.

http://news.chengdu.cn/content/2013-02/26/content_1163660.htm?node=583

Finally some press about the N7102's problems. The earlier we get this on gadget sites the better.
    we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people tomorrow.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 5nd Update

we will have our people in China meeting with Samsung people flying from head office tomorrow.

Stay Tuned

Another Media report

http://translate.google.com/transla...tnews.itxinwen.com/tsal/2013/0306/485287.html

Mar 2nd Update

Sorry I didn't keep this post update regularly.

But I didn't rest. I have already gathered more than 200 people in China fighting against Samsung over the N7102 Baseband issue. (QQ group 289956485 )

We are trying in every possible way to push Samsung, and force them to face us.

We already have a lot of media following this issue about Samsung's false advertisement, and we are trying to taking Samsung China to the court as well.

At the same time, Samsung is trying to stop us.

They negotiated with a lot of medias to stop their news on their website and megzine.
    They bribed most of chinese video hosting site to delete my demonstration video.

We will not stop !

Here's two things that you can do if you want to help us:

1. We are trying to gather as many as possible signned paper to file 315 report.(BBB in China)
    download the docment below, sign, and send to our email 631265979@qq.com

2. If you live in New York, please contact me right away. I hope we can have some people go to
    March 14th's Galaxy S IV lauch event with a big sign to tell Samsung head office, N7102 have a problem.
    I beleive if Samsung Korea or their head office are aware of these issue, a solution will come out very fast.

Feb 16th Update

After took apart the N7102, the Base Band chipset in the phone is Qualcomm ESC6270+ Intel XG626

Intel XG626 supports GSM 850/900/1900/2100 + WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100 without a problem, a lot of phones are using this chipset.

But I can't find any information about Qualcomm ESC6270

The only thing I found is a LG C320 phone with repair manual HERE

This phone use ESC6270 with Support GSM 850, but in this manual, some places says it has ESC6270, some places says it has QSC6270.

If any one can figure out more from here, please let me know.

2012122213125949.jpg

Original Post

According to 60 pages thread in here,

the conclusion is N7102 will not work on 850 1900 WCDMA in Slot1 and 850 1900 GSM Slot2

I already sent report to Samsung China official website, and hope they can finish the update soon

===========================
    here is a possible way that might let the 850 and 1900 work. But with current ROM version, it's not working.
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=37162564&postcount=523

May be we can try flash international N7102 rom instead of the China Unicom one.
    I don't know where to find it tho...
    =============================

Summary of the Problem:

Micro Sim, Slot1
    Should be
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100
    Plus
    WCDMA 850/900/1900/2100

Actual:
    GSM 850/900/1900/2100 ALL works
    WCDMA 900/2100 works
    WCDMA 850/1900 not working