[TOOL] EZToolkit Advanced v1.5 (Unlock bootloader, flash recovery, root, S-OFF)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

wizzrah

Jul 27, 2013
San Jose
Hi, thanks for your help in developing for the One X. I was hoping to check out your toolkit when you "re-release" it, but am also currently on hboot 1.14. How do I go about upgrading to something more current? Sorry for such a newb question.

Running ViperXL 3.2.8, S-ON

Once you get S-OFF like Timmaaa said, you can upgrade your hboot I believe.

Sent from my AT&T One X running CodefireX ROM Android Version 4.4.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ok, it's just that that generalisation is what's fueling the all too common misconception that it's only the hboot that needs to be changed in these situations. I'm fighting a constant battle in this forum to try to educate on this point.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: wizzrah

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
Trying to use your tool for the htc evita and not able to use htc dev unlock which one should I use? What device this is the htc one x from at and t I picked the all supported models it gives me error code

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Trying to use your tool for the htc evita and not able to use htc dev unlock which one should I use? What device this is the htc one x from at and t I picked the all supported models it gives me error code

You need to get SuperCID before you can unlock your bootloader, and you don't really need a toolkit to do so. In fact, I'd suggest you do it manually because it will provide you with some necessary learning experience along the way. Check out my How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature for full directions.

Sent from my Evita

jhr5474

Sep 20, 2010
Holley, Oregon
You need to get SuperCID before you can unlock your bootloader, and you don't really need a toolkit to do so. In fact, I'd suggest you do it manually because it will provide you with some necessary learning experience along the way. Check out my How-To Guide For Beginners thread in my signature for full directions.

Sent from my Evita

So I am figuring out that this is on the 5.18.502.1 so I am screwed am I not?

indigold

Aug 11, 2011
warri
I use this tool to gain unlock, so I try to flash the twrp recovery, phone boots into bootloader and cmd keep showing waiting for device. What do I do? Cos I need to root to gain s-off

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
I use this tool to gain unlock, so I try to flash the twrp recovery, phone boots into bootloader and cmd keep showing waiting for device. What do I do? Cos I need to root to gain s-off

What OS are you running on your PC? Is there any reason you're not just flashing the recovery yourself via fastboot?

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: indigold

indigold

Aug 11, 2011
warri
What OS are you running on your PC? Is there any reason you're not just flashing the recovery yourself via fastboot?

Sent from my Evita

Am on Windows 7. But i used my own recovery on the own recovery slot, and it flashed. But i flashed the recovery for the international version not the at&t brand so I can't get into recovery, I guess flashing the right recovery should solve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Meet EZToolkit Advanced for the Evita One X/XL.
    This supports the AT&T One X (Only on the 3.18 4.1.1 Jelly bean update)
    It also might work for the Rogers and the International version of the One XL

2013-12-27_124302.png

You can unlock the bootloader, flash a recovery, root, and S-OFF all with this toolkit.

Features:

-Flash your own recovery
    -ADB Logcat
    -ADB Shell
    -Erase Cache
    -Get CID #
    -Flash a boot.img
    -Download GApps
    -Simplistic Metro like UI
    -Push Roms to the phone
    -Push Kernels to the phone
    -Push files to the phone
    -Automatic boot into bootloader
    -Automatic boot into recovery
    -Automatic reboot from fastboot
    -Check for ADB Devices
    -Check for Fastboot Devices

More will be added soon.

Temporarily removed link due to new update coming in September.

Things you should know:

-I set some of the cmd prompts to pause. This is because I believe that you should see what the toolkit is doing, rather then it doing things automatically and you end up not learning anything. If a prompt says to "press any button to continue", do so!

-I do my absolute best to code this without bugs and I try it out before I release it. I spent quite a while going through making sure the toolkit works. If you find any bugs, glitches, typos, button not working, script not working, etc. or simply want me to implement a feature into the toolkit, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ^^ (This was over 1000 lines of code in Visual Studio 2013 you know, and I am a human being :p). While this is what I do on my side, as with most tools, you use EZToolkit at your own discretion.

- I try to make things in the best manner possible.

If you need help, you can post a comment on the forum here, email me at wizzrah@outlook.com, or chat with me on skype @ "dudeamazing3". I will try to help you ASAP.

Thank beaups for the S-OFF procedure, Chainfire for the SuperSU app, djrbliss for the MotoChopper script, and the TWRP team for their recovery.

-Wizzrah

Email Support: wizzrah@outlook.com

XDA:DevDB Information
    EZToolkit Advanced (Evita), a Tool/Utility for the AT&T HTC One X

Contributors
    wizzrah

Version Information

Created 2013-12-28
    Last Updated 2014-01-19
    I ask cos it appear to me that fastboot ain't working on window8.1 ....Or have you manipulated it to work cos it'll be nice to use it

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yes, I have heard windows 8.1 has trouble with fastboot. The success with 8.1 has been up and down for me as I can never give a straight answer for it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have had more success on windows 7 as it works almost 100% of the time. You should see if the latest HTC drivers will work, you are using the original HTC cable or another fastboot compatible cable, and that you are using a USB 2.0 port.

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk
    Fixed a bug

I fixed a bug where adb was not working. I patched it, and updated the link on my website.
    hey awesome work
    this is what i get all the time

Error Code: 160.
    Error Reason: MID Not Allowed.
    from htc dev
    did motochopper go all the way through?
    Don't panic, we can sort out what's going on. Which recovery are you using? Maybe we should move the conversation to my q&a thread so as not to clutter up this thread. So maybe answer my question there.

Sent from my Evita

Ok, I have figured out the problem, I don't have root. I have gone over and over and redid the root section of EZtoolkit several times, but I don't have root. I'm clueless as to how I can fix this, but thats where I am right now.