[Updated 26-Sep-2009] CRCs Release 13.5 - Stable Thread (Build 20270)

Search This thread

montusama

Sep 8, 2009
I was using an earlier release but the sound is so low (even at loudest) I can hardly hear. Is this fixed in the latest release?

fauzman

Jun 23, 2007
London
Awesome rom! Windows live issue

feedback
I think is ROM is amazing and nippy :)

You can pick what you do or don't want.
Quick to install. Quick to load. No extra bloat!

My phone feels like it has a new lease of life.

I have found a small issue if anyone can help. - SOLVED
Running 13.5 naked big storage.

If I install windows live messenger via the update OR via my storage card - doesn't seem to want to connect using my data plan.

Used the HTC connection wizard to set my data connection.
(T-mobile UK user currently).

Any ideas?​

solved by removing the proxy server that it automatically added.

Last edited:

Final-Fantasy

May 13, 2008
This ROM is great and I like it very much. Thanks for your good job.

But I am using the Naked rom and I need the camera too, Would you offer the camera driver separately with cab format?

Thanks a lot!

LochNiss

Dec 1, 2007
You can set things to install to the SD Card by using the shell installer from within DeviceUpdate. If you want to keep the installation seamless, then you might want to use Auto-Install[/url]

what is the name of the shell installer? i don't see it in the DeviceUpdate.

thanks for all your work CRC

fafa'

Nov 12, 2009
Bandung
i like u'r rom (still used)..but i've 'lil problem..i have setting my e-mail account like usually i use in other device..still can't send and receive email?

sorry if my english not good :)

regard

LaZi3b0y

Oct 27, 2008
Hey! :)

I think your ROMs are awesome! Love stripped ROMs :)

But i have a problem, i usually don't have anything in my startmenu except Today, Programs, and settings but i would like to place my S2U2 shortcut there as well.

But whenever i place any other shortcut in the startmenu (except the three mentioned above) the start menu locks up and i'm not able to access the programs och settings folders :S

Do you have a solution, or is this a common problem?

Thanks in advanced, LaZi3b0y!

EDIT: I'm using the HTC Startmenu enlarger, if that makes any difference. :)

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
Hi CRC, I've just recently decided to return from wm 6.5 to wm 6.1 and decided to use your
13.5 rom because it's so praised (and I can tell why, it's blazing fast!!). I had only one
problem with it which i think had something to do with that extension for file explorer that is
available through your device update...I had my phone frozen 3 times in one day in file
explorer when i had that thing...I un-installed it and i think everything is working fine now.
I use SPB mobile shell with your rom and many programs I need and after a day of working
my phone still has around 12-13MB left (and i used stuff like morphgear and so), which is
pretty better than any 6.5 rom i tried (they all drop down to something like 7 MB). The
reason I am writing here is to ask you if you can recommend (maybe give links) some
cabs that can improve wm 6.1 to be more finger-friendly. I've already installed
Fingersuite for larger menus and it's working fine, i would also like to make as much things
as i can finger - friendly. Maybe if you know is there some cab that provides finger
scrolling or something similar.
Thanks in advance for your answer!!

LaZi3b0y

Oct 27, 2008
Hi CRC, I've just recently decided to return from wm 6.5 to wm 6.1 and decided to use your
13.5 rom because it's so praised (and I can tell why, it's blazing fast!!). I had only one
problem with it which i think had something to do with that extension for file explorer that is
available through your device update...I had my phone frozen 3 times in one day in file
explorer when i had that thing...I un-installed it and i think everything is working fine now.
I use SPB mobile shell with your rom and many programs I need and after a day of working
my phone still has around 12-13MB left (and i used stuff like morphgear and so), which is
pretty better than any 6.5 rom i tried (they all drop down to something like 7 MB). The
reason I am writing here is to ask you if you can recommend (maybe give links) some
cabs that can improve wm 6.1 to be more finger-friendly. I've already installed
Fingersuite for larger menus and it's working fine, i would also like to make as much things
as i can finger - friendly. Maybe if you know is there some cab that provides finger
scrolling or something similar.
Thanks in advance for your answer!!

Hey, i'm not CRC but i might be able to help out. :p
For fingerscrolling you can use FTouchSL, it cost money but there is a free fingerscrolling software with almost the same name from the same creator. :) Can't remeber the name through but think its available in Device Update. And then there is also the HTC Menu Enlarger thats also available in Device Update, gives you a more finger friendly start menu :)

Last edited:

psycho84

Sep 1, 2009
Hey, i'm not CRC but i might be able to help out. :p
For fingerscrolling you can use FTouchSL, it cost money but there is a free fingerscrolling software with almost the same name from the same creator. :) Can't remeber the name through but think its available in Device Update. And then there is also the HTC Menu Enlarger thats also available in Device Update, gives you a more finger friendly start menu :)

Thanks for your answer!!Well i use HTC Menu Enlarger too i just forgot to
mention it...And i tried to use FtouchSL's younger brother FtouchFlo but it's no
use for me, because with it SPB shell doesn't work like it should, neither the
s2u2 (even if i put them in exception list!!)...I don't like FtouchFlo because of
its gestures capabilities...If there weren't those or if it's possible to disable it I
think i might use it...This way its just unusable for me (i swipe right to unlock my
phone when s2u2 is on screen but it doesn't unlock instead it opens some
application, wtf!).

boog

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 15, 2008
Trenton, Ohio
...If there weren't those or if it's possible to disable it I
think i might use it...This way its just unusable for me (i swipe right to unlock my
phone when s2u2 is on screen but it doesn't unlock instead it opens some
application, wtf!).

You can edit the program (for gestures) out of the config file, programs>FTouchFLO>ftouchfloconfig.txt

copy it to your desktop and edit with notepad, then copy it back.

example:

; FTouchFlo configuration file
Delay:100
GestureWaitingDelay:500

;To disable scrolling use DisableScroll:1
; to enable scrolling use DisableScroll:0
DisableScroll:0

UpDownApp:
UpDownAppCmdLine:

DownUpApp:
DownUpAppCmdLine:

LeftRightApp:
LeftRightAppCmdLine:

RightLeftApp:
RightLeftAppCmdLine:

; Exclude applications
Exclude:pocketCM.exe
Exclude:TomTom Navigator
Exclude:Flash lite
Exclude:iContact.exe
Exclude:jmm.exe
Exclude:picsel Browser
Exclude:HTCAlbum.exe
Exclude:iLock2.exe

; end of configuration

iLock2.exe is for s2u2

nanashi09

Feb 7, 2010
Just upgraded by Dopod 838Pro to your CRC ROM. 1st impressions are positive so far.

However, the threaded SMS'es only have a time stamp, not a date stamp. Is there a way to make it have both the time and date stamp in the threaded SMS view? I don't want to disable threaded SMS'es because that was the reason why I wanted to go for 6.1.

JediFonger

Jul 27, 2007
CRCinAU:

CONGRATS on the CPL! i thought all aussies were born w/a pilot's license along w/their birth certificate. you need planes to get around in that huge country. a few questions.

1. can we assume that 13.5 is effectively the "final CRC ROM" for HTC Hermes? i know you've stated in the past that winmo 6.5 won't run efficiently on Hermes. i read your blog and the last updates about winmo and your device updates was mid 2009.
2. you mentioned in 2010 blog that you are going to upgrade to a TouchPro2, has that happened? if so, do you plan to develop wm 6.5+ (now renamed Windows Phone "classic") for it?
3. how long will device updates be online for? (good for people like me weighing when to upgrade)
4. any thoughts on Windows Phone 7 Series? will you be getting one?

imho there is really no more you can do w/this Hermes ROM, i think you're the one that has fully squeezed every last bit out of this already.

CRCinAU

Oct 29, 2007
Melbourne
www.crc.id.au
CRCinAU:

CONGRATS on the CPL! i thought all aussies were born w/a pilot's license along w/their birth certificate. you need planes to get around in that huge country. a few questions.

Woah - settle - I don't quite have it yet! :)

1. can we assume that 13.5 is effectively the "final CRC ROM" for HTC Hermes? i know you've stated in the past that winmo 6.5 won't run efficiently on Hermes. i read your blog and the last updates about winmo and your device updates was mid 2009.

Quite possibly. This ROM has been tested and tested and tested and there are no real detectable problems to fix. This makes it unlikely that there will be another release.

2. you mentioned in 2010 blog that you are going to upgrade to a TouchPro2, has that happened? if so, do you plan to develop wm 6.5+ (now renamed Windows Phone "classic") for it?

I still aim to get a TP2. Lack of funds has caused me to put this on hold as I just can't afford one. The average of $10AUD per month I get from all my XDA activities doesn't add up quick enough to look at getting a TP2 before they become obsolete ;)

3. how long will device updates be online for? (good for people like me weighing when to upgrade)

For the foreseeable future. DU works on many, many phones - not just the Hermes!

4. any thoughts on Windows Phone 7 Series? will you be getting one?

We'll have to see what the future holds. The plans are VERY liquid at the moment - and they will probably change many times before a product actually ships.

imho there is really no more you can do w/this Hermes ROM, i think you're the one that has fully squeezed every last bit out of this already.

That's my thoughts too.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Release 13.5 now available.

Hi guys,

Release 13.5 (26 Sep 2009):
    * Fixed GPS intermediate driver for Windows Managed External GPS units (Start -> Settings -> Connections -> External GPS)
    * Fixed random silences of notifications etc.

Enjoy! :)