[Q] Screen Protector Options for Z1S?

Search This thread

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Hello all, I am hoping to buy the Z1S through tmobile since I had the Z and loved it. The problem I'm having is all of the tempered glass screen protectors are for the Z1 which has the proximity sensor on the left of the Sony logo. I don't know what effect it will have putting a Z1 protector on and having it cover up the proximity sensor/light sensor.

What are you Z1S owners doing for screen protectors?

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
Our phone already has a screen protector so I'm not putting double screen protectors one it. When the oem one scratches up, I'll just replace it.

Sent from my Xperia Z1s

That is true, but the Tempered glass screen protectors are very nice and I'm not sure I want to go back to the plastic film ones. Not to mention there are very few xperia z1s PET film ones that I can find.

kamil1308

Nov 24, 2010
Cork
I got this one
HTML:
www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=3638&page=1
Does the job perfectly. I have droped the phone and the protector has chipped on the corner not my screen thanks to this screen protector.

snobrdr2324

May 8, 2012
I got this one
HTML:
www.nillkin.com/english/proshow.asp?mid=2&sid=0&tid=0&cid=1&scid=13&id=3638&page=1
Does the job perfectly. I have droped the phone and the protector has chipped on the corner not my screen thanks to this screen protector.

I have the same brand on my nexus 5 and love it, but this one is designed for the internation Z1 which is why I was asking this question in the first place. The cutout for the light sensor is on the wrong side for the US version and it would be covered.

epsix

Aug 29, 2010
I just purchase a case and screen protector at tmobile corporate store. They have three different case and one no name scree protector.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk 2

kamil1308

Nov 24, 2010
Cork
I have the same brand on my nexus 5 and love it, but this one is designed for the internation Z1 which is why I was asking this question in the first place. The cutout for the light sensor is on the wrong side for the US version and it would be covered.

I dont think it should i mean the glass its only 0.3 mm tick which shouldnt make as much differance for the sensors. The sensors are already covered by screen protector that it put by sony you could always take the stock screen procector off and then but the glass one on your screen.