[Q] HTC One wont boot after nandriod recovery

Search This thread

vash3100

Sep 29, 2012
I've had my HTC one for a little over half a year and I have been running cynogenmod 10.1 on it with no problems until I decided to update it to 10.2.1. when i had finished doing that I started having problems with it running and the just randomly rebooting frequently so I went back into my recovery (twrp 2.5.0.0) and went to recover into my nandriod backup. After I wiped the phone and used the backup i restarted it and now my phone just sits on the HTC One loading screen.

I can still enter into the recovery and bootloader (1.44 s-on), adb does find it in its device list when its connected to the computer. also when I go to restart the recovery I get a message saying "your device appears to not be rooted install supersu now? This will root your device". It doesn't do anything when i do say install or not to install it and just restarts the device. I did have it rooted before so I'm not sure if the recovering of the old phones image removed the root?

Not quite sure what I may have done wrong as I'm still fairly new to rooting and all but I'm unsure as to where to go from here. I've been digging through threads on the HTC one forum and I feel like I may be over thinking what i need to do. I couldn't really find a direct answer and i don't want to accidentally make it worse.

so here i am any help would be appreciated.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
I've had my HTC one for a little over half a year and I have been running cynogenmod 10.1 on it with no problems until I decided to update it to 10.2.1. when i had finished doing that I started having problems with it running and the just randomly rebooting frequently so I went back into my recovery (twrp 2.5.0.0) and went to recover into my nandriod backup. After I wiped the phone and used the backup i restarted it and now my phone just sits on the HTC One loading screen.

I can still enter into the recovery and bootloader (1.44 s-on), adb does find it in its device list when its connected to the computer. also when I go to restart the recovery I get a message saying "your device appears to not be rooted install supersu now? This will root your device". It doesn't do anything when i do say install or not to install it and just restarts the device. I did have it rooted before so I'm not sure if the recovering of the old phones image removed the root?

Not quite sure what I may have done wrong as I'm still fairly new to rooting and all but I'm unsure as to where to go from here. I've been digging through threads on the HTC one forum and I feel like I may be over thinking what i need to do. I couldn't really find a direct answer and i don't want to accidentally make it worse.

update your twrp version, 2.5.0.0 is very outdated. then flash latest cm11

Reactions: vash3100

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Alright ill give it a try and let you know if it works but im still confused why my backup didnt work. Could the old version of twrp?

Maybe. Did you backed-up every partition (boot, system and data)?

You could try to restore you back-up with the latest twrp, it might also help to clear cache.

Reactions: vash3100

raghav kapur

Aug 1, 2012
Bloomington, IN
Alright ill give it a try and let you know if it works but im still confused why my backup didnt work. Could the old version of twrp?

Its most likely that the old recovery is the issue. 2.7.0.0 has been released and why not CM11, which is in its snapshot stage?? And, your HBOOT and firmware are also extremely outdated. 1.44 was the HBOOT at launch. 1.56 is the latest

vash3100

Sep 29, 2012
It took awhile but everything is working again. I guess my backup was corrupt or something because it still didnt work after i flashed the recovery to a newer version.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

update your twrp version, 2.5.0.0 is very outdated. then flash latest cm11

Maybe. Did you backed-up every partition (boot, system and data)?

You could try to restore you back-up with the latest twrp, it might also help to clear cache.