[02/24/12][Team Rocket ROM][open beta ICS v4.0.3][v1.5][reworked 15Tooglebar]

Search This thread

jellevanb

Oct 13, 2009
Rotterdam
and start with rooted STOCK GB-ROM not any GB Custom Rom!!!
You wrote you checked root...how did you check? Just getting Root permission in any app or in RootExplorer is NOT enough!!! You have to check write permission by e.g. pasting a file to /system! If this is successfully done, then you are really rooted!

Yes, that's where I went wrong.
Sorry whining about that earlier...

Reb0rn

Sep 19, 2007
Ulricehamn
Wow everything is working so well on this rom! Easily the best ICS out by far!
Now lets just hope that we can get a standard N7000 kernel so we can unleash the full potential.

Thanks team for making this a daily.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Viamonte

May 31, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I don't think it should state "It's a daily ROM!" when installing it is such a pain in the ass.

Not that it *isn't* daily, it's just that the sentence makes one believe it's easy as pancakes to use it - that includes BEGINNING to use it - and it isn't.

perfsthepiper

Jan 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow everything is working so well on this rom! Easily the best ICS out by far!
Now lets just hope that we can get a standard N7000 kernel so we can unleash the full potential.

Thanks team for making this a daily.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk
Reborn, I agree with you.. This ROM is awesome.. However, can you help me with my titanium backup please. I cant restore my apps

EdgaBimbam

Nov 26, 2011
Vilnius
www.google.lt
I don't think it should state "It's a daily ROM!" when installing it is such a pain in the ass.

Not that it *isn't* daily, it's just that the sentence makes one believe it's easy as pancakes to use it - that includes BEGINNING to use it - and it isn't.

I dont see any problems to install if you arent able to flash this rom then better dont flash any custom rom....

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina

it just /looks/ like a lot.
It actually shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes from beginning to end

I've just flashed v1.5 from v1.4, I can see both has Chinese language but after I changed the setting, all the system setting interface is still in English, but all the other apps can be shown in Chinese if it is supported, so does it mean the Chinese system language pack has been removed from your rom? If so, could you please add it back in next update or tell me that how can I flash it back into the rom?

Thanks.

james1089

Jan 14, 2010
blackpool
Just installed coming from not properly rooted 1.4 went very smooth.Seems to be a speed increase not checked for proper root yet.Took 10 minutes its not hard.

Last edited:

Viamonte

May 31, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
it just /looks/ like a lot.
It actually shouldn't take more than 5-7 minutes from beginning to end

IF nothing goes wrong. I'm not saying it's too complicated, but it isn't as easy as going into cwn and saying "flash this ****" which, I believe, is a pre-requisite to saying a ROM is daily. Know why? Because then you wouldn't have everyone and their mommas asking how to flash this. You'd just have the mommas part.

Yeah...you just need to buy a faster phone :D

Wait, what? Our phone's standard speed is 1400, funny man, this is a limitation of the chinese leak, nothing to do with our Notes.

perfsthepiper

Jan 10, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am sorry but I am still unable to restore my apps on this v1.5..Please guys, if you have done it, can you share? I need to restore my apps from titanium back up

nowy57

Nov 3, 2007
Poland
Everything is right by now !
I have v1.5
I have root acces
one FC of chinese keyboard
but other stuff works well !

thank you rocket team

orodrethlars

Feb 15, 2011
Since I didnt have odin at work I tried pretty much every possible solution to get proper rooted 1.5 but non of the posted ways worked for me. Anyways, here is a way I would say is as bullet proof as the odin way posted in OP. I did this coming from rocket rom v22 and it worked perfect for me :)

I would say this is the only? way to get a proper 1.5 coming from a rooted custom rom without using the PC odin way posted in OP.

1) Download chainfires LP1 repack from here: Click me
2) Install mobile odin from market or here on XDA in chainfire's post.
3) Unzip the LP1 repack and choose the .tar file with mobile odin and flash away.
4) After the flash it will boot up in cwm, do a wipe data/factory reset, wipe cach and dalvik cach.
5) Reboot the device until you get to homescreen, if homescreen doesnt show reboot again.
6) Reboot into CWM with volume up+home+power
7) Wipe everything again, then flash TRR v1.4, stay in CWM and do another wipe.
8) Reboot device, let it load and once in homescreen log into your google account.
9) Reboot device in CWM, now flash TRR v1.5. DONT DO ANY WIPES NOW.
10) Reboot decive.
11) Enjoy properly rooted TRR v1.5

And thanks TRR, you guys rock :)

Last edited:

mfractal

Aug 1, 2009
Londrina
IF nothing goes wrong. I'm not saying it's too complicated, but it isn't as easy as going into cwn and saying "flash this ****" which, I believe, is a pre-requisite to saying a ROM is daily.

It also says beta right there. So if you expect to things just work, i suggest you wait for the official release.

Know why? Because then you wouldn't have everyone and their mommas asking how to flash this. You'd just have the mommas part.

that's because ppl don't even bother to read the instructions.
this thread could have been 90% shorter if people would just bother to RTFM.

lorekarf

Dec 2, 2009
Genova
hi
I'm experiencing random blackout of the note.
When I try to wake up the phone with the home button nothing happens. so I press power button for 7 seconds and the device start.
It happened twice in 4 hours.
With OS monitor I got a lot of strange messages. I installed precisely as per OP.

Inviato dal mio GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330106185420.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330106185420.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
  • uploadfromtaptalk1330106206768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330106206768.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 146

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    35trrlogosmall.png

O.K. guys here comes our first ICS customer rom.
    This will be a coproduction with eybee, Chrack, nobnut and me.
    Pls, pls dont forget it, this is an open customer rom beta from the first leak of ICS 4.0.3@Samsung Galaxy Note.

If you dont make a fullwipe after the ics flash, so pls wait for the official ICS Rom by Samsung.
    Note, from Android v2.3.6 to v4.0.3 its a huge step.
    You have to make a fullwipe after the flash!

If you set all you like, pls reboot...

to-do and known issues:

fc = stock video editor
    Swype still in English only (pls. dont update it!!!)

User feedbacks via Vids:

Special thX to batista70

How To get Root on ICS:

If you are already on Chinese ICS Stock ROM or any Custom ROM based on Chinese ICS, then first test if you are fully rooted. You can test that with Root Explorer by trying to copy/paste any file you have on your SD Card to you /system - if this copy/paste will be successful, you are already rooted properly.

If this test fails --> you are not on a proper rooted Chinese ICS ROM now!!! So follow each and every step from Reb0rn here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22877518&postcount=182
    or from Chris X. here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22843343&postcount=1259
    After that you will definately have FULL ROOT!!

Installation Instructions for v1.5:

After you have checked being on a proper rooted Chinese ICS (see point above!), do the following steps:

1. If you are not already on a proper rooted Team Rocket ROM v1.4, so pls make a fullwipe (Factory Reset) before your flash the v1.4, then flash the v1.4 and after this make a fullwipe again!!! If you will not do that, you will have serious trouble!!!! Reboot your device afterwards and setup your Google Account! (If you are already on a proper rooted v1.4, you do not have to do that and can directly go to point 2.)
    2. After that boot back in Recovery and flash v1.5 without Wiping anything
    3. Reboot your System
    4. Now you have a fully working v1.5, bloody fast and ready for daily USE! :)

If you have trouble with this instructions so you can take a look to this other way:

...or this way:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23019257

We want to say thank you for it @ underlines and Ash! ;)

Changelog v1.5:

- Dialer working now - no more FC's
    - Settings working now without FC's (Brightness, Volume, Tethering, Lockscreen Wallpaper)
    - SMemo included and working
    - DSP Manager now working - you can choose in Settings between FX and DSP
    - changed Battery Icons to Jkays Green Circle (fits better imho)
    - some more tweaks for more Smoothness and Speed

Download v1.5: http://rocket.ph0enyx.de/rom/TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta.zip
    Mirror1: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3jz3fTcP9vLNlR2aFFxSldRMC11TTVoNGVVNTF4dw&export=download
    Mirror2 (really fast!): TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta
    Mirror3: TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta
    Mirror4: TeamRocketRom_ICS_Notev1.5_beta (incl. I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar.zip) (ThX mfractal)

optional:

If you're on a working v1.5, so you can flash this *.zip with cwm recovery. Then you will have a nice reworked 15Tooglebar and the App "QuickPanel Settings". (reworked = fixed USB mass storage fc and some graphic)

If you dont like it, so you can flash this *.zip with cwm recovery. After that you have restore it to orig. 5ToogleBar for TRR v1.5.

Changelog v1.4:

- buildprop tweaks
    - cwm manager incl.
    - framework tweaks (like % battery mod, crt off effect, better performance, smoother scrolling)
    - added mass storage in settings (under "more")
    - added wlan location service in settings
    - added fx music settings for better quali. by headphones and speaker
    - modded busybox (hope it works) (v1.19.3) (can be update to v1.19.4 with free market apps)
    - and more, sorry we forgot it

Download v1.4:

http://www.mavendo.de/2012/02/22/galaxy-note-team-rocket-rom-ics-4-0-3-v1-4/
    Mirror1: http://j.mp/rocketrom14
    Mirror2: http://www.techinferno.com/downloads/?category=32 (incl. I9220LP1-N7000-ICS-REPACK.tar.zip) (ThX mfractal)

Changelog v1.3:

- pls make a fullwipe after the flash (also when you are on v1 or v1.1!)
    - huge rework of all GoogleApps
    - added some important *.so
    - many bugfixes:
    * fixed FC Camera
    * fixed FC Musicplayer
    * fixed FC GoogleVoice (TTS)
    * fixed FC brightness (in settings)
    * fixed FC WhatsApp Messenger
    - and many more

Now we got a mirror for our open beta roms.

http://www.mavendo.de/2012/02/21/team-rocket-rom-ics-4-0-3-v13/

Special thX to faxe78!

Download v1.3:

http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/51/50...m_ICS-Notev1-3 beta-zip.html

v1.1:

Download v1.1:

http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/47/50...m_ICS-Notev1-1 beta-zip.html

v1.0:

Download v1:

http://www.share-online.biz/dl/SE3P7PZLA18
    http://www.mirorii.com/fichier/92/505472/ICS-Notev1 beta!!!-zip.html

Notes:

Our team works in parallel with Windows and Linux. So we have better chances to create a build. (I'm working with Linux.)

Yesterday I've been looking for apktool.jar to decomile/compile of ICS 4.0.3-*.apk's. Thats really important for us.
    I found only a solution for *.jar Files but nobnut got it. Thank you so much, for spent your time!
    Now we can both. Decompile *.apk files and *.jar files for ICS 4.0.3.

Warning!

Dont use the app "Superuser Update Fixer" e.g. for an update of "SuperUser" or dont update SuperUser via market!
    We had already integrated a working app "SuperUser". (v3.0.7)
    Pls use this "old" version and dont update to the newest.
    There are known issues with Android v4.0.3.
    It seems its not the fault from the RocketRomTeam.

btw if you have a backup (e.g. about Titanium Backup) of the newest SuperUser and/or SuperUser Update Fixer, dont restore it!

attachment.php
    attachment.php

attachment.php

What is SuperUser?
    explained quickly and easily:

This app manage the root rights.
    If any app need root rights, so SuperUser asks you at least once to consent.

attachment.php

I know, you can disable this "asks" but I dont recommend it. For me its one of the best ways to find out, have I root or not, need this app root or not.

Superuser updates automatically after entering market. . We can stop that?

Thats O.K. but dont force it via Superuser update fixer.

The team and acknowledgements:

first of course all of our fans :)
    eybee1970
    chrack
    nobnut
    faxe78 (for a great server!)
    chainfire (kernel)
    nadavfeder (logo creator)
    many others ;)
    and me :p

Donations?

We don't need money for our work!!
    Pls donate to Medicins sans Frontieres
    http://www.msf.org/msf/donations/donations_home.cfm

or

This ROM is also a tribute to my dog. Her name was Alpha and she died on 20nd January 2010. I'll never forget she. She was the best friend I ever had!
    Semper Fi my friend! ;-(
    If you want to donate, so donates to "Greenpeace" or "4 Pfoten"!
    Thank you so much!
    Chris,

sent you framework with 1% Batt Hack + CRT-OFF...looking forward to
    Team Rocket
    (Chris X., nobnut, Chrack, eybee1970)
    :)
    Torrent in the house!

Please help to seed!
    Just to inform you shortly on which things we are working right now:

- Root Issue --> we'll contact different Kernel Devs for support
    - CRT-Off --> already done and in testing :)
    - 1% Batt Hack --> already done and in testing :)
    - Theming of the system --> being worked on (one option will be nobnuts DarkTheme! :))
    - including Mods and Hacks for better performance --> being worked on right now
    - FC of Phone-App -->being worked on
    - other things......
    v1.1

Changelog:
    - camera fixed
    - fm radio fixed
    - brightness fc fixed
    - phone fixed
    - contacts fixed
    - multi csc

ETA: ~ 40min. (Multiupload Mirror)