[RECOVERY] Interim ClockworkMod Recovery for the S4 based One X

Search This thread

zytho

Sep 14, 2010
Hong Kong
im trying to use adb from within recovery but just says device not found... am I missing something here? I really need to push a new SystemUI.apk since im kind of soft bricked. Shouldn't CWM allow adb?

Thanks for any help in advance

LNKNPRKFN

Dec 16, 2010
BRAMPTON
You might need the naked drivers, I has to do that with my prime... Go here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1426502

[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver Beta 0.6.1 (250+ Devices, HTC Added)

These are the naked drivers I had to install in order to have cwm recovery ADB detect my device... Hope this helps

Sent from my ROOTED HTC One X using xda premium

Reactions: XsMagical

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
I rooted and unlocked the bootloader can you provide a little more detail on this?

There's really not much else.

As long as you already have fastboot somewhere on your PC and have installed the drivers (if you rooted and unlocked, you should have them).

Just boot into fastboot, run cmd on your PC, cd to wherever your fastboot.exe is, and run the command

fastboot flash recovery <path of recovery .img>

Reactions: sm625614

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Yeah, the steps are the same as I've outlined for you in sk806's thread.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

sm625614

Apr 27, 2011
I have point cmd to my fastboot folder when i try to flash the recovery image it comes up [error: cannot load 'recovery.img
Any ideas?

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
I have point cmd to my fastboot folder when i try to flash the recovery image it comes up [error: cannot load 'recovery.img
Any ideas?

Are you sure you've typed the path and file name correctly?

An easy trick is to just type...

fastboot flash recovery

...and then drag/drop the recovery image into the window, that will fill in the entire path. Then hit enter.

Reactions: sm625614

crisis187

Nov 14, 2008
i got this to flash not successfully what happened was i was able to flash the image and it changed it so now i have no recovery it boots up everything, i go into bootloader then select recovery and its just blank and a debug warning comes up before black screen as well as bar in top right hand corner goes up a time or 2 before it boots to {blank recovery} then just reboots and boots into ICS as normal

and this is on an at&t locked bootloader sorry forgot to mention

Last edited:
E

E.Cadro

Removed

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Last edited by a moderator:

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
i got this to flash not successfully what happened was i was able to flash the image and it changed it so now i have no recovery it boots up everything, i go into bootloader then select recovery and its just blank and a debug warning comes up before black screen as well as bar in top right hand corner goes up a time or 2 before it boots to {blank recovery} then just reboots and boots into ICS as normal

and this is on an at&t locked bootloader sorry forgot to mention

You can't flash this with a locked bootloader. It will not work.

yoohoohoo

Jun 18, 2007
no sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext. Does this mean that the interim recovery is having some trouble with the sd partition?

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Has anyone else noticed that, when you're in Recovery, the screen brightness is much less than full?

I have my brightness level set to full at all times, yet in Recovery, it appears to be only at 1/2 brightness, or perhaps even less.

Peter

The brightness settings in this recovery are keyed to the tegra model, so they don't function properly...I have made a very evita specific image that I hope will be tested soon (if anyone wants to try sooner than later, please PM me)...as Paul said earlier in the thread, this is just a thrown together port of the International One X recovery, so it may have some issues (I know it doesn't flash ROMs yet...)...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I built an interim unofficial ClockworkMod recovery for the S4 based One X to test on my rooted AT&T unit. DD'ing it to the recovery partition on that results in a tamper warning (as the bootloader is locked), but it should work on Rogers' units etc.

Feel free to try! :)

P
    Verified!

J9ciV.jpg

Im as giddy as a tit mouse right now.
    Has anyone else noticed that, when you're in Recovery, the screen brightness is much less than full?

I have my brightness level set to full at all times, yet in Recovery, it appears to be only at 1/2 brightness, or perhaps even less.

Peter

The brightness settings in this recovery are keyed to the tegra model, so they don't function properly...I have made a very evita specific image that I hope will be tested soon (if anyone wants to try sooner than later, please PM me)...as Paul said earlier in the thread, this is just a thrown together port of the International One X recovery, so it may have some issues (I know it doesn't flash ROMs yet...)...
    Hey Paul, thanks for the recovery, but can you share with us how you are repacking the images so we can fix the broken stuff?
    Let me know, and I'll flash from my lappy.

Will do. I am starting with the working official endeavor right now...