[GUIDE] How to revert back to stock ROM on the Huawei Mytouch Q U8730

Search This thread
G

GuestK00378

Hi all, just wanted to make a quick guide if you need to revert back to the stock ROM on the Huawei Mytouch Q U8730 for those of who might be panicking when another ROM install doesn't go right. Note: No matter what state your phone is in, this is a surefire way to recover your phone, so it is a great fallback plan incase all hell breaks loose on your device.

Steps to take

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Make sure your device is powered off, then hold down the power+volume up and down keys (you will enter a pink screen)

3. On your computer, "Removable Disk" should have popped up (if not, drivers are probably installing, so wait a few minutes).

4. Once you get into that Removeable Disk there should be a single folder titled "image". Delete everything in it and replace it with the files from this zip

5. Unplug your phone and take out the battery. Then put the battery back in and hold power+volume up

6. You should be on a screen that kind of looks like CWM but isn't, on this screen use the volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition", once it is highlighted tap the power button once.

7. Once that process has been completed, navigate down to "factory reset/wipe" and tap the power button for that.

8. Once that process has been completed, navigate back up to "reboot system now" and tap the power button for that option.

9. You should boot up into a factory reset version of the stock android 2.3.6 without CWM recovery installed.

hope this helps, and if it did please hit that thanks button :eek:

amanvir

Jun 11, 2008
Monrovia
Hi all, just wanted to make a quick guide if you need to revert back to the stock ROM on the Huawei Mytouch Q U8730 for those of who might be panicking when another ROM install doesn't go right. Note: No matter what state your phone is in, this is a surefire way to recover your phone, so it is a great fallback plan incase all hell breaks loose on your device.

Steps to take

1. Connect your device to your computer

2. Make sure your device is powered off, then hold down the power+volume up and down keys (you will enter a pink screen)

3. On your computer, "Removable Disk" should have popped up (if not, drivers are probably installing, so wait a few minutes).

4. Once you get into that Removeable Disk there should be a single folder titled "image". Delete everything in it and replace it with the files from this zip

5. Unplug your phone and take out the battery. Then put the battery back in and hold power+volume up

6. You should be on a screen that kind of looks like CWM but isn't, on this screen use the volume keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition", once it is highlighted tap the power button once.

7. Once that process has been completed, navigate down to "factory reset/wipe" and tap the power button for that.

8. Once that process has been completed, navigate back up to "reboot system now" and tap the power button for that option.

9. You should boot up into a factory reset version of the stock android 2.3.6 without CWM recovery installed.

hope this helps, and if it did please hit that thanks button :eek:
I was looking for this solution from last ten days. finally i found your post and revert my phone back to normal condition, good work bro keep it up.

G

GuestK00378

I was looking for this solution from last ten days. finally i found your post and revert my phone back to normal condition, good work bro keep it up.

Glad I could help. If you are having the problem of not being able to get service, follow these steps:

Code:
If you go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Acess point names, what do you see? Probably nothing.

if you dont see anything, then....

hit menu > add APN

you will need to add the following APNs

if it says <skip>  then just leave it blank and do not set to anything

Name: "T-Mobile Data"
APN: "epc.tmobile.com"
Proxy: <skip>
Port: <skip>
Username: <skip>
Password: <skip>
Server: <skip>
MMSC: <skip>
MMS proxy: <skip>
MMS port: <skip>
MMC: "310"
MNC: "260"
IP Version: "IPv4"
Authentication Type: skip
APN type: "default,supl,hipri"

Name: "T-Mobile MMS"
MMSC: "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
Authentication type: <skip>
APN type: "mms"

leolawliet

Aug 7, 2011
New York, NY
www.facebook.com
Glad I could help. If you are having the problem of not being able to get service, follow these steps:

Code:
If you go to Settings > Wireless and Network > Mobile Networks > Acess point names, what do you see? Probably nothing.

if you dont see anything, then....

hit menu > add APN

you will need to add the following APNs

if it says <skip>  then just leave it blank and do not set to anything

Name: "T-Mobile Data"
MMSC: <skip>
Authentication Type: skip
APN type: "default,supl,hipri"

Name: "T-Mobile MMS"
MMSC: "http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc"
Authentication type: <skip>
APN type: "mms"

I tried this but failed, it completely refuses to save the settings when I try to add the APNs manually.