[FAQ] User signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Uzayr

Mar 3, 2013
Chennai
Well...then i guess i'm off to increasing my post counts :cool:.
BTW it's a cool innovation to prevent spammers :good:

mikef

Retired Senior Moderator
Thread Closed

Here's the answer from svetius

This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

Or just click here : Edit Signature

If you need further help with a user signature, please go here:

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly]How to make a good signature[Noob Friendly][GUIDE]

Thank you,

mf2112
XDA Senior Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a way I can add my own signature on here? I heard that it is in USER CP but the option isnt there ...:confused:

Moderator Edit - Here's the answer from svetius
    This was an effort to combat spam, and it's had a huge impact! You'll be upgraded to a full account after a certain number of posts (5 - 8 depending on the feature)--it happens automatically. Sorry for the inconvenience :(

It may take time after reaching the 5-8 post limit for it to allow you access, this is because the process runs in the background.

And when you have enough posts, you can edit your Signature in the UserCP (on the left hand side called "Edit Signature").

i wonder if how does this help in stopping spam ..... anyways .... whatever you feel is good should be good someways

People / Bots were Posting generic messages, like "Thanks this is great" or in some cases, actual responses based on words in a thread. The post it's self was not spam (although pretty pointless), but the users signature would contain 3-4 links to an online company of varying levels of trustworthiness.

We used to find one or two of these bad boys a day. Because they didn't create new threads, nor did they make it obvious to the casual observer, they were getting away with it.

I have not seen one of the so called "signature spammers" since the rules were put in place.

Dave
    Thread Closed

Here's the answer from svetius

If you need further help with a user signature, please go here:

[GUIDE][Noob Friendly]How to make a good signature[Noob Friendly][GUIDE]

Thank you,

mf2112
    XDA Senior Moderator
    I had the same question...this is an excellent way to manage spam users. Good job, looking forward to delving more into this forum and getting a signature!
    I was a bit upset at not being able to have a signature. Thanks Daveshaw for explaining. Its indeed a great way to stop spammers.