ALCATEL ot 918n (2.3.5 / 2.3.6) how to ROOT and install CWM RECOVERY for NOOB
NOTE: READ with UNDERSTANDING and CAREFULLY FOLLOW THE STEPS INDICATED BELOW
IM NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE IF SOMETHING BAD HAPPENED TO UR PHONE
GOT IT? GET IT? GOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!... ^_^
*****Installing Custom Recovery for Unrooted / Rooted Phones
1. Android Usb Driver (PDA Net)
2. Android MT65xx PreLoader driver (xp/vista/7)
3. Android MT65xx Vcom driver (xp/vista/7) use this in case if PreLoader won't work
4. Alcatel One Touch Installer (use this IN CASE MT65xx PreLoader and Vcom drivers doesn't work)
5. SP Flash Tool
6. SCATTER FILE
7. RRECOVERY IMG FILE
8. USB DATA CABLE of your phone
9. YOUR DEVICE
10. USB DEBUGGING ENABBLED on your device -->>> (Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging)
1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).
2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
>>> [ a ] Then an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. Then press OK / Next. If prompt, choose “INSTALL DRIVER ANYWAY” OR
>>> [ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.
: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.
- Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3..
3. Extract downloaded files to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading.
4. Look and find the scatter text file and open it.
5. Ignore and tick OK.
6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file.
And open it.
7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode.
8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked.
9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish.
***NOTE: If your phone isn’t detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2. or try to install Alcatel Android Manager
10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%.
11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY".
*****Rooting the phone******
- Unrooted Phone
- Accomplished the method above. Or a Custom Recovery is already Installed
- SuperUser Zip file
1. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.
2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.
3. Install zip from sdcard
4. Choose zip from sdcard.
5. Choose the file downloaded. (Superuser zip file
Then confirm update.(choose YES -Install SuperUser
7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".
8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.
****CREDIT to SIR RAIN
for the real creator of Tutorial
for the Flash Tutorial
when your done on the steps above FLASH CMW RECOVERY by MARK, its universal CMW recovery for CUSTOMIZED ROM
*****CWM RECOVERY by SIR MARK
1.place the zip file(CWM_recovery_by_mark.zip) to sd card
2.go to recovery mode (vol up+power)
3.select "install zip from sdcard" then select "chose zip from sdcard"
4.locate the CWM_recovery_by_mark.zip then choose yes
5.wait until installing process done "!"
CWM RECOVERY of SERGEY
------> after accomplishing the steps above DL this zip file >>>>> [urlhttp://www.4shared.com/zip/ijDqcind/recovery_2_3_5-6-signed.html[/url]
-------> put it on the root of ur sdcard then flash it
*turn off your device , vol up+power, > install zip frm sd > chose zip file then flash it..
POSSIBLE PROBLEMS THAT you MIGHT ENCOUNTER
PROB: paRtition change... etc
ANS: possible you used wrong SCATTER FILE
PROB: your device is undetectable
ANS: might be on the USB PORT or not SUCCESSFUL in installing the driver
for more possible QUESTIONS
there ur good to flash any kind of roms u want.. CREDITS
to those who made the files... ^_^
dont forget to say THANKS