[KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r17

Search This thread

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Cool :) I might suggest checking out the throttling code again. I don't know for sure, but it seems the lowest CPU speed when throttling is 1.3GHz now.

I think they upped the temperature threshhold possibly. I've done 10 Antutu CPU and RAM tests in a row to heat it up and she's still clocking up to 1.7ghz straight through every single time.. I can't actually get it to throttle down via benchmarks

This is in the middle of test 10.. My N10 is sitting in a case too so it's holding more heat than normal.

vA2tZ8V.png

franciscofranco

Recognized Developer
Dec 9, 2010
Carcavelos
I just pushed r5 with 4.2.2 merges. I started fresh but it contains a bunch of stuff from before so you won't miss anything. It should boot on 4.2.1 as well as I didn't see any change that breaks functionality with older versions.

I plan to revisit this kernel in a few hours after I'm done with the 4.2.2 push on the app and on the rest of my devices and I'll add a .zip as well.

Warning: app is not updated for 4.2.2 so you can only flash manually via fastboot for now.

styckx

Sep 15, 2010
Thanks Franco!

Remember folks on 4.2.2 to back up the new stock 3.4.5 kernel before flashing a new franco kernel and rid of the 3.4.0 backup you had before hand, or hide it some place. ;)

squshy 7

Dec 6, 2010
Re: [KERNEL][GPL] franco.Kernel - r5

I just pushed r5 with 4.2.2 merges. I started fresh but it contains a bunch of stuff from before so you won't miss anything. It should boot on 4.2.1 as well as I didn't see any change that breaks functionality with older versions.

I plan to revisit this kernel in a few hours after I'm done with the 4.2.2 push on the app and on the rest of my devices and I'll add a .zip as well.

Warning: app is not updated for 4.2.2 so you can only flash manually via fastboot for now.

Sweet...I assume you haven't yet added the to fix to touch boost to prevent it from throttling down when the CPU is already above the touch boost value? Or were you able to throw that in real quick?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda premium

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ

Wouldn't it be possible for you guys to restore the boot.img as a kernel backup with Trickster Mod?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

That's what I did, only with Francos app. Download the boot.img, put it in the kernel_backup folder and then do a restore from the app

Last edited:
Reactions: crossen0

dan.kels.r

Jun 25, 2010
Okinawa
lol man im so lost as to what is being said about backing up this and restoring that. Im running stock rooted 4.2.2 and wanted some franco goodness. came someone explain what needs to be done here with r5? I have paid version of his app and trickster mod app on hand as well.

blipp

May 3, 2012
Milltown, NJ

lol man im so lost as to what is being said about backing up this and restoring that. Im running stock rooted 4.2.2 and wanted some franco goodness. came someone explain what needs to be done here with r5? I have paid version of his app and trickster mod app on hand as well.

First, backup the stock kernel. Go to francos app and choose the 2nd option "kernel backup/restore" and hit the backup button.
This will create a "kernel_backup" folder, in the same directory as the "downloads" folder. Download the r5 boot.img, from the device or a computer, and move it into the backup folder. Go back to francos app, in the backup/restore section the new boot.img will now be there. Tap it, hit restore and youre good.

szale9001

Aug 19, 2010
Had to switch to interactive governor to be able to play Vector. Will play with the ondemand settings later to try to make it playable...

Not sure it's a settings issue. I believe the ondemand boostpulse bug is still in play with this release so every time you touch your screen you are knocking the processor speed down to 700mhz no matter what speed it was at previously. Until that bug is fixed you may have to use interactive.

EniGmA1987

Sep 21, 2010
Isnt r5 the 4.2.2 version anyway? If you are on 4.2.1 then you should be using r4 which is supposed to be the same but without the updated kernel source for the new Android version.

starkilling

Oct 14, 2011

Isnt r5 the 4.2.2 version anyway? If you are on 4.2.1 then you should be using r4 which is supposed to be the same but without the updated kernel source for the new Android version.

R4 has a horrible battery draining bug.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all. I hate bloated OP's so this is a simple one. I don't post changelogs in here, only when I released new versions so you'll have to search for it.

Just for general awareness this is compatible with CyanogenMod based roms.

Download:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/

How to flash:
    fastboot flash boot image_name
    or
    flash the zip in your custom recovery

Source:
    https://github.com/franciscofranco/manta/tree/nightlies-4.4

Kernel changelog:
    http://192.241.177.15/Nexus10/4.4/appfiles/changelog.xml

franco.Kernel updater Free apk: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1867127

F.A.Q.
    1. My tablet exploded, halp!
    A: I don't answer to problems without a log. The log file is in /proc/last_kmsg. Retrieve it from your device and attach it to your post.
    2. This kernel works on Y or X rom?
    A: This is one of the worse questions you can ask on my threads. This is a Nexus, it works on every rom you can possibly imagine.
    3. OMG BETTARY SUCKZ, IT DEAD IN 45 MINUTAS, HALP!
    A: As you can imagine I don't build kernels to decrease battery life. All the battery life problems come from your apps, either Facebook, or Maps, or some Location Service being enabled etc etc. Check your damn wakelocks and fix them, the kernel is not responsible for them.
    4. How do I flash this?
    A: Reading the OP, theres a reason why I added instructions on it.
    Hey guys. I've been doing a lot of idle tests because I've tweaked the power states latency on this device and I've got great results, so here is r8. Contains that lower latency which means it will enter and leave the C power states much faster which will probably achieve a good battery boost. Also contains a few tweaks to the memory bus frequencies adding a little bit of throughput when needed and some patches from upstream. I still haven't got time to look into to some Color Control on this display, I'll try to look at it further during the weekend, work has been hectic.
    4.2.2 kernel source are out, later when Im off work I'll release a kernel compatible and a few other changes I have in mind - I was waiting for 4.2.2 ro update this kernel.
    r13
    * Compatible with 4.3
    * Compatible with CyanogenMod and its derivates
    * Added ROW I/O and made default
    * Lots of I/O patches from upstream
    * Updated interactive governor to its last version from Android's gerrit
    * Updated CPUidle subsystem so that the device spends more time at the deepest states for better power consumption
    * Merged patches from Colin Cross to decrease power consumption
    * Updated the Wi-Fi driver to its latest version from Android's gerrit
    * Merged USB Audio changes from CyanogenMod to enable the usage of USB DAC's plugged to this device
    * Partitions properly mounted for increased I/O performance
    * Removed lots of debug from the Kernel
    * Disabled memory throttling if the device hits thermal throttling point
    I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas, lots of food, kisses, hugs, and quality time.

Thanks for sticking with FK even though this is not one of my priorities Kernel wise, although I promise to be more active like I did with the latest two releases. Very happy with r15 - but more improvements are coming.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app