[Q] Upgrading from 4.2 to 4.4

Search This thread

callysta

Aug 2, 2007
California
My Google powers are wearing out, so I figure I will ask directly.

I am currently rooted, running the stock ROM on my L720. The android version is 4.2.2 and the build is JDQ39.L720VPUAMDL. I want to upgrade to 4.4, but I want to either keep it rooted or be able to reroot the phone.

Currently I can turn on my Hotspot with no additional app. I want to be able to continue using my phone as a HS. This is essential. A functionality my phone doesn't have is the ability to move apps to SD.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. (And I'm sure this question is asked a thousand times a day, but google and search are failing me :p) Thank you so much!

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California
Odin NAE tar, root, flash hotspot mod. Done.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Also this will give you Knox. If you don't want Knox there is a thread to keep your older bootlaoder

Reactions: callysta

callysta

Aug 2, 2007
California

---------- Post added at 05:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Also this will give you Knox. If you don't want Knox there is a thread to keep your older bootlaoder

Is this like Sprint's android version of herpes? ;)

I admit that I am a bit confused. Do I need to unroot my phone before I do this? I hate asking for help, but I really don't want to screw up my hotspot :p

Reactions: daniel4653

daniel4653

Jul 10, 2010
Southern California

I admit that I am a bit confused. Do I need to unroot my phone before I do this? I hate asking for help, but I really don't want to screw up my hotspot :p

Hahah it can be compared to that , although I swear I wouldn't know. :p

To understand Knox, Google it and read up on it. Its just a Samsung warranty /security thing. Most of us don't care having it or tripping the Knox flag.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

You don't need to unroot to Odin a tar file.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

If you decide you don't want Knox, this would be the thread you want. Follow the directions correctly and you should be up and running. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277480

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

And here is the thread for hotspot mod for NAE odex and deodex.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2653666

callysta

Aug 2, 2007
California

To understand Knox, Google it and read up on it. Its just a Samsung warranty /security thing. Most of us don't care having it or tripping the Knox flag.

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

If you decide you don't want Knox, this would be the thread you want. Follow the directions correctly and you should be up and running. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2277480

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Wish me luck! I will have to do this during recess tomorrow! I'm a little nervous about bricking my phone :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.