[Solved] From cm11 (4.4.2 or 4.4.4) to cm9

Search This thread

trotos

Hi all
Simple question. Can I do it directly by formating every partition and then install cm9 or I have to get into download mode.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Junaid1460

Oct 25, 2012
Hi all
Simple question. Can I do it directly by formating every partition and then install cm9 or I have to get into download mode.

first of all the roms from cyanogen mod is provided as installable zip
not a odin package

if you are on kitkat thats not a matter.

then you can use philz touch or twrp to make a full wipe

and install the cm9 downloaded package

trotos

first of all the roms from cyanogen mod is provided as installable zip
not a odin package

if you are on kitkat thats not a matter.

then you can use philz touch or twrp to make a full wipe

and install the cm9 downloaded package

Sorry for my misleading. By using oding I was just referring to the fact of going back to gingerbread original ROM and also doing a /512 partition.

I need to know of someone has done it successfuly. My home button is not working any more so it is not easy to get into download mod if I brick the i9000.

BTW... Best phone ever. I've changed 2 girlfriends but this phone is still with me

RuffBuster

Feb 3, 2012
Anyone???

I've been back and fourth between 4.4 4.3 4.2 etc.. I do full wipes including system and flash an official cm package like cm9 reboot recovery flash cm again to be sure. Full wipes again then flash whatever ROM I want. I always flash official cm before flashing another another ROM to adjust partition table.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

BTW... Best phone ever. I've changed 2 girlfriends but this phone is still with me

+1000!

I've just fixed the motherboard of my old S1 and started using it again after using a HTC One mini for 8 months. The phone was a piece of crap and so are HTC! They have me a HTC One M7 for my troubles but was too little to late. Samsung forever!

In time I may upgrade to the S2 for the extra ram, but I'll be sticking with my trusty S1 till then.

Last edited:
Reactions: trotos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone???

I've been back and fourth between 4.4 4.3 4.2 etc.. I do full wipes including system and flash an official cm package like cm9 reboot recovery flash cm again to be sure. Full wipes again then flash whatever ROM I want. I always flash official cm before flashing another another ROM to adjust partition table.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:32 PM ----------

+1000!

I've just fixed the motherboard of my old S1 and started using it again after using a HTC One mini for 8 months. The phone was a piece of crap and so are HTC! They have me a HTC One M7 for my troubles but was too little to late. Samsung forever!

In time I may upgrade to the S2 for the extra ram, but I'll be sticking with my trusty S1 till then.