[APP]New HTC Messaging Client Versions. 10/8 Current: 20193733 12/2 update

Search This thread

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
Ok, so, I was providing this in the HD2 apps forum and it kept being suggested to me to start my own thread, so, im thinking.. why do that just there? Its for wvga devices and people use it on multiple ones, so why not post it somewhere that everyone can see it?:confused:

So, what I'm going to be doing, is providing the newest versions here in cab and ext if requested.
Also, I'll try to provide some extra cabs here every once in awhile (like network settings,graphics tweaks,etc.).

So, here you go:

Current Version:

Pyrorob HTC Messaging Client v1.8.20193733.00.cab(btw, without securebox/vip)

UPDATE: Anyways.. Ive been playing around with some stuff regarding the 3733 client and i think i fixed the securebox/vip issue.. when you add a contact to the vip section now, there messages are forwarded to the secure box and there is a notification, but only in the notification bar, I would recommend to go to Settings/Sounds & Notifications/Notifications/Event:"Message:New Message" and check "Display message on screen" it will then have a pop up that tells you that its a vip message and from whom..

here for those that want to check it out:3733 Messaging_secure_vip_fix.cab

[BETA TESTING]:

//\\

LEAVE FEEDBACK PLEASE.
[/BETA TESTING]

Languages:

French Language add-on (install after main install)
View attachment 378429(20173127)

German Language Add-on (Install After Main Install)(credit goes to Sqoerk)
View attachment 389777(will work with newer versions until noted)
View attachment 379087
View attachment 374946(20173127)
Install this after the german language pack: pyrorob german files 2.cab

Color Icons/Notifications:

Color notification icons to match the energy rom theme
pyrorob energyrom htc messaging color icons.cab (Updated 8/27 to be compatible with new htc client versions.)

Color Icons For various functions (credit for most of the icons goes to Sergio76),

pyrorob HTC Messaging Color Function Icons.cab

Extras:

T-Mobile US MMS settings,
pyrorob T-Mobile MMS for htc messaging.cab (For USA BTW)
View attachment 394777

Extra Info/FAQ:

How To Install:
(If you already Have the htc messaging client installed)
First Method: (Download:View attachment 374936) run the OFF cab (First), Soft reset (Second), Install Client (Third), and soft reset (Fourth)

Secondary method:
now for the people that are having problems installing/upgrading, the most common reason is due to the fact that if you had the client installed before, it installs a service, which is an actively running dll that runs in the background (like an openly running exe, BUT IT IS NOT AN EXE!) you have to shutdown the dll to overwrite it or you will face issues.
Now in energy roms, you can go to start/tools/ and open task manager, after it loads, touch in the top right where the little arrow is and go to "services" NOT PROCESSES, find "messaging service" and touch and hold on it and set it for manual and soft reset.

If the client was installed by you, then go to remove programs and uninstall any mods for it, then the client itself, soft reset,then install the client you want.
if it was pre-installed, just install.

If your not running an energy rom, Download:dotfred's taskmgr and follow the same directions after install.

IF YOU DO NOT DO THIS LIKE I HAVE SAID, (NOTICE I SAID NOTHING OF "MESSAGING CLIENT.EXE") THEN THE DLL MIGHT NOT BE OVERWRITTEN/UNINSTALLED.

To install (if the htc client isnt installed):
Just install.

How to uninstall:
(You cannot uninstall a cooked in client, so just follow the install directions)
The uninstall procedure is really simple, basically, run the off cab, soft reset, uninstall any addons you installed for the client, then uninstall the client, soft reset, thats it.

To Upgrade:
Follow the uninstall procedure, then the install procedure.

How do i set my MMS server as default?:
In the htc messaging client, go to menu/settings/options/ then again at the bottom, menu/mms server, Highlight the mms settings and while its highlighted go to, at the bottom, menu/ "set as default". now hit back, done and you should be done.

Your on T-Mobile and are receiving SMS's titled "129" that have some weird text in them?:
Congratulations! You have The Visual Voice Mail Service!
Install: Tmobile Visual VoiceMail 1_1_1_0_24_00.cab(soft reset after)
That should remove them when you get them or at the very least make them blank.

On Verizon and are receiving weird SMS's after a voicemail?
You might have the Visual Voicemail Service too!
Try this: pyrorob VZW_VisualVoiceMail_1_1_12_11.cab

About Energy Roms:
On Energy Roms there is no sms client installed besides the winmo stock one, so you just install the cab and thats it.

To adjust the outgoing message size?:
Go to your MMS server options and adjust the size to 1024. (settings/options/menu/mms server/(mms server name)/ "message size limit")

Contacts show as a number?:
it only happens when the contact has more than one number (example:cell and home) stored.

Wheres the bubbles from that picture i saw?::(
yeah,no... that was a mistake by the guy who posted the article, if you looked at the pic it says in it "sense 2.1 messaging mod"

What about CDMA? Why doesnt MMS work on CDMA?:
Well, at the moment as its very tricky. Some people say they can get it working, but from what i have seen most cant.
There has been some success with verizon in post #636 and im working on sprint, but as for others.. it remains to be seen.

from angeldeath:
Adjust the number of messages shown at one time in reading pane (only works for traditional mode):

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\HTCMessaging\Harvey"
"MaxMessagesForOnePage"=dword:500
setting at around 50 or 100 should give a quicker loading time.

EXT Packages (For cooks):
(post a request for a newer one and ill be more then happy to post it up)
Pyrorob_HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20193733_00_package.rar
Pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20181630_Package.rar
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20173127_package.rar
pyrorob HTC Messaging Color Function Icons_package.rar

Older Cabs:
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20192421_01.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20191825_00.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20183727_00.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20183325_00.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20182814_00.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20182222_00.cab
Pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20181630.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20173820_00.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20173127.cab
Pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20171628.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_5_20143625.cab
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_5_20142622.cab
French:
pyrorob HTCMessaging_Client_1_8_20173127_040C_FRENCH.cab

Last edited:

sterz85

Jul 15, 2010
Troy, MI
I'm running your newest cab (3127) and I've noticed the notification icons (at the top bar that shows battery/signal) have changed. I now get the same icon (letter envelope) for SMS's and Emails

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
well, the htc messaging client uses the same notification icon for mms and sms, which kinda sucks, imo. but it doesn't touch the one for email.. it doesn't even have anything to do with email..

aamadorj

Ok, this time I'm sure I followed pyrorob instructions step by step. I checked the About in the Messaging Client says "Version 1.8 (Build 2017.3127)".

How can I check the right DLL is installed?

By the way, after installation of the new Messaging Client the SMS were not send, so I tried starting the Messaging Client service and the SMS were send.

Does this have to be done or it is an indication that something went wrong?

Another issue is that the SMS Sending Network shows "Ask me" and I can't change that option, so I have to select the Sending Network each time.

Thanks in advance, pyrorob, in case you can help me.

Last edited:

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
Ok, this time I'm sure I followed pyrorob instructions step by step. I checked the About in the Messaging Client says "Version 1.8 (Build 2017.3127)".

How can I check the right DLL is installed?

By the way, after installation of the new Messaging Client the SMS were not send, so I tried starting the Messaging Client service and the SMS were send.

Does this have to be done or it is an indication that something went wrong?

Another issue is that the SMS Sending Network shows "Ask me" and I can't change that option, so I have to select the Sending Network each time.

Thanks in advance, pyrorob, in case you can help me.

Ok, first, the about wont show you anything regarding the version of that service and even if you pulled the file out of windows and checked, theres no version number shown..

Second, it depends on if you had htc messenger pre-installed.. if it was, when you set the service to manual it doesnt load at startup so its not being used, so it will be able to be overwritten by the one in the cab.
now if its part of a htc messener client cab you installed previously, after you set it to manual, soft reset and uninstall the old one, if you go to services youll see thats its no longer there. so when you install the new one you can be absolutely sure its the newer dll (the only way it will still be there, is if it was cooked into the rom (pre-installed) in the first place)

Third, if after you install and you have the sms not sent issue its because, like you pointed out, the services is not running at startup automatically. go to services and touch and hold on messaging service and set to automatic, thats fixes that.

Fourth, ( i assume you mean mms) in htc messenger go to menu/settings/options/ then again at the bottom, menu/mms server, open up whatever mms server you have there to use, and two things, make sure the "Connect via" is set for your main data connection (the one that is used for you to access the internet) and press back, the mms settings name will be highlighted and while its highlighted go to, at the bottom, menu/ "set as default". now hit back, done and you should be done.
Now, if it still shows "ask me" ill need more information, such as what cell provider your using and what options it gives you under "ask me" also, you might want to check under start/settings/connections/"advanced network" and go to the sms service tab and see what its set for.

ugh, to be honest im not a big fan of typing long paragraphs...
but i hope this answers those questions.

Last edited:

aamadorj

Fourth, ( i assume you mean mms) in htc messenger go to menu/settings/options/ then again at the bottom, menu/mms server, open up whatever mms server you have there to use, and two things, make sure the "Connect via" is set for your main data connection (the one that is used for you to access the internet) and press back, the mms settings name will be highlighted and while its highlighted go to, at the bottom, menu/ "set as default". now hit back, done and you should be done.
Now, if it still shows "ask me" ill need more information, such as what cell provider your using and what options it gives you under "ask me" also, you might want to check under start/settings/connections/"advanced network" and go to the sms service tab and see what its set for.

Messaging Client version 1.8 Build 2016.xxx is pre-installed in the NhatHoa ROM I'm using, so it think the issue with the service in your new Messaging Client is completely solved.

The other issue is still there, because at the new Messaging Client Settings the "Sending Network" option is set to "Ask me" for SMS and MMS and this option is gray out so it can't be changed.

When I tried to send a SMS, the Messaging Client shows a window to select the "Sending Network" which shows three options: C - No operator, G - No operator, Cancel.

I've been selecting G - No operator and the SMS is send without problems.

By the way, my phone is connected through GSM to my cellular provider, called ICE.

What do you think pyrorob?

Last edited:

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
Messaging Client version 1.8 Build 2016.xxx is pre-installed in the NhatHoa ROM I'm using, so it think the issue with the service in your new Messaging Client is completely solved.

The other issue is still there, because at the new Messaging Client Settings the "Sending Network" option is set to "Ask me" for SMS and MMS and this option is gray out so it can't be changed.

When I tried to send a SMS, the Messaging Client shows a window to select the "Sending Network" which shows three options: C - No operator, G - No operator, Cancel.

I've been selecting G - No operator and the SMS is send without problems.

By the way, my phone is connected through GSM to my cellular provider, called ICE.

What do you think pyrorob?

ok, i assume you have a world phone tp2? thats both cdma and gsm? cause thats what the c and the g are for..
now the only line in the reg that i could see that could relate to this issue is here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\Network]
"SMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000002
since theres no way for me to test the values and what effect they would have you might want to try changing it to 0 or 1 and seeing what the effects are.

aamadorj

ok, i assume you have a world phone tp2? thats both cdma and gsm? cause thats what the c and the g are for..
now the only line in the reg that i could see that could relate to this issue is here: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\Network]
"SMSPreferredNetwork"=dword:00000002
since theres no way for me to test the values and what effect they would have you might want to try changing it to 0 or 1 and seeing what the effects are.

It worked! I found [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\Network] "SMSPreferredNetwork" was set to 0 (dword:00000000), so I first changed to 1 and this set the "Sending Network" to CDMA at SMS Settings, so I changed to 2 and this set the "Sending Network" to GSM at SMS Settings.

I guess it will work the same on MMS, but this service is not available at my cellular provider for my phone, so there's not need to fix it.

Thanks pyrorob!

aamadorj

By the way. So far, on this new Messaging Client I haven't seen the weird behavior of previous builds, because its memory usage doesn't increase suddenly and for no particular reason and also its CPU usage doesn't increase suddenly and for no particular reason, too.

Actually, CPU usage seems to stay at zero when there's no messaging traffic.

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
By the way. So far, on this new Messaging Client I haven't seen the weird behavior of previous builds, because its memory usage doesn't increase suddenly and for no particular reason and also its CPU usage doesn't increase suddenly and for no particular reason, too.

Actually, CPU usage seems to stay at zero when there's no messaging traffic.

cool, glad its working good.

slackersink

Oct 4, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
I dont know about that bug. what is it?

It was a big thing with th_graf's cabs, but it seemed to me like it only affected tmous users. Every picture that was texted was just a tiny preview version, not the full size. From what I've read it wasn't fixed, just kind of not talked about now. I'm a bit cautious since I've had to hard reset a couple times because of it. I think I may have tried your first cab too, but it was a while ago I'm not sure.

pyrorob

Oct 19, 2006
Hickory, NC
OnePlus 6T
It was a big thing with th_graf's cabs, but it seemed to me like it only affected tmous users. Every picture that was texted was just a tiny preview version, not the full size. From what I've read it wasn't fixed, just kind of not talked about now. I'm a bit cautious since I've had to hard reset a couple times because of it. I think I may have tried your first cab too, but it was a while ago I'm not sure.

oh, you meant as in "5KB" as in the size of the file.. you had put down 5k which i was confused with cause it seemed like you were talking about something to do with 5000..
ok, well, using this cab, i sent myself a photo i took with the camera on my hd2, while it got sent out at 600KB (which is the size it was originally) it gets received at 72KB, which is because of tmobile. it seems while they have a maximum outgoing cap of 1024kB (i think) they resize the incoming picture for mms to under 75KB, now i have seen on other threads that this only happens to mms, if your were to send out the file to an email address using the messaging client, it would be received at the size it was originally sent at. to me it seems tmo needs to update there systems to resize to a higher size..

Last edited:

aamadorj

It worked! I found [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Jataayu\Messaging\Network] "SMSPreferredNetwork" was set to 0 (dword:00000000), so I first changed to 1 and this set the "Sending Network" to CDMA at SMS Settings, so I changed to 2 and this set the "Sending Network" to GSM at SMS Settings.

I guess it will work the same on MMS, but this service is not available at my cellular provider for my phone, so there's not need to fix it.

Thanks pyrorob!

It just happened that the registry settings form "SMSPreferredNetwork" and "MMSPreferredNetwork" changed automatically back to 0, which seems to mean "Ask me".

I manually changed them back to 2, but after a while they went automatically back again to 0.

What can be happening pyrorob?

b16b

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2008
Athens
hi my friend do you have also :

*disable SMS Sent NotiFIcation?
*Fixed The VIP/Password Managment bug appering under "Options" in Non-Secure mode?

Top Liked Posts